The things that 'grind your gears' thread...

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I mistakenly bought a pre cooked vegan stroganoff yesterday. Microwaved it today still under the assumption that I'd bought a beef stroganoff (serves me right for not really reading the label at Cole's). Took my first bite and thought it must be a month out of date. Went and looked at the label and only then discovered it was vegan.

If confronted with the choice of having to eat 350g of shit out of my own ass with the biggest spoon in my cooking drawer (a 5cm wide spoon) or eating all 350g of that vegan stroganoff would make me regret owning a big serving spoon because that stroganoff is just not fit for human consumption.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I mistakenly bought a pre cooked vegan stroganoff yesterday. Microwaved it today still under the assumption that I'd bought a beef stroganoff (serves me right for not really reading the label at Cole's). Took my first bite and thought it must be a month out of date. Went and looked at the label and only then discovered it was vegan.

If confronted with the choice of having to eat 350g of shit out of my own ass with the biggest spoon in my cooking drawer (a 5cm wide spoon) or eating all 350g of that vegan stroganoff would make me regret owning a big serving spoon because that stroganoff is just not fit for human consumption.
And to think you coulda been having a t-bone steak and those scrumptious sweet potato wedges at work lol

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And to think you coulda been having a t-bone steak and those scrumptious sweet potato wedges at work lol
Those guys are cheapskates if you are referring to the Royal in Armidale. You get a $2-$5 staff discount there. I've since moved on to another nursing home kitchen to get more hours.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Those guys are cheapskates if you are referring to the Royal in Armidale. You get a $2-$5 staff discount there. I've since moved on to another nursing home kitchen to get more hours.
Pffttt to that staff discount lol

Glad you've got more hours. We can complain about what goes on in nursing homes now! :grinning:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pffttt to that staff discount lol

Glad you've got more hours. We can complain about what goes on in nursing homes now! :grinning:
Boo to the social media policies preventing shaming for questionable care practices. Honestly have no complaints about the NH I'm working in right now though.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Boo to the social media policies preventing shaming for questionable care practices. Honestly have no complaints about the NH I'm working in right now though.
Thats great. Where I'm at is good as well. They looked after my mum well so I've stayed on as a volunteer. If I ever saw something untoward I would report it.

Nothing as disgusting as taking advantage of (children) or old folks.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Human rights abuses, hate campaigns are too much for the staffy and she does the bolt then the old girl collapses, cant get up from vertigo and the Bulldogs remain stone motherless last.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm getting a bit sick of watching a multi season series long enough to get drawn in only for it to be canceled because the company sponsoring it's production isn't seeing the instant returns it wants. Even if a series hasn't remained as exciting as it was when I first began watching I still generally want to know how it ends.

I think that with a lot of streaming services, many viewers have decided that binge watching is far more rewarding than watching a show weekly and being left sitting for a week with a mini cliff hanger. My personal preference these days is to hold off on watching something until an entire season is concluded. I'll then watch the entire season over the course of a day or over a week or two if there are enough seasons. I'm sure that I'm not alone in preferring to not have to hold my breath on a conclusion to a dramatic plot twist every week for 12 or more weeks. It's the mental equivalent of being having to answer the phone just as you're about to take the first bite of a tasty dinner.

At the same time some of these series are probably guilty of trying to drag out a conclusion for numerous years if their initial ratings are good. Can't blame the writers for wanting to make money, I'd assume that there are lods of writers vying to get shows made and when some of them finally do get something funded they'll keep their golden goose alive for more years than it naturally would live for even if it means diluting the quality of it's eggs.

But a combination of these things means that I've watched a few different series in succession that ended in cancellation before I have closure. It's pretty bloody annoying.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm getting a bit sick of watching a multi season series long enough to get drawn in only for it to be canceled because the company sponsoring it's production isn't seeing the instant returns it wants. Even if a series hasn't remained as exciting as it was when I first began watching I still generally want to know how it ends.

I think that with a lot of streaming services, many viewers have decided that binge watching is far more rewarding than watching a show weekly and being left sitting for a week with a mini cliff hanger. My personal preference these days is to hold off on watching something until an entire season is concluded. I'll then watch the entire season over the course of a day or over a week or two if there are enough seasons. I'm sure that I'm not alone in preferring to not have to hold my breath on a conclusion to a dramatic plot twist every week for 12 or more weeks. It's the mental equivalent of being having to answer the phone just as you're about to take the first bite of a tasty dinner.

At the same time some of these series are probably guilty of trying to drag out a conclusion for numerous years if their initial ratings are good. Can't blame the writers for wanting to make money, I'd assume that there are lods of writers vying to get shows made and when some of them finally do get something funded they'll keep their golden goose alive for more years than it naturally would live for even if it means diluting the quality of it's eggs.

But a combination of these things means that I've watched a few different series in succession that ended in cancellation before I have closure. It's pretty bloody annoying.
For this reason, and this reason alone, I do not start a series until

a) It is already finished
b) It is announced to be in its final season.

Was really burnt by Heroes :(

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Lewisham. Those tracks are built over the old cemetery attached to the church.
I didn’t know that about the tracks. But yes Lewisham station. Interesting thing about that part of the tracks is a lot of people have died there getting hit by trains or jumping in front of them.