The things that 'grind your gears' thread...

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Vintage. Everything is vintage now.

Or is it Im vintage and in denial.

hmmm

Then again when I buy stuff from people that put the word vintage in the title of their sales posts, half the time they dont even know what theyre selling.

So if you have some cheapshit realistic dick smith reciever that was garbage brand new and you want to sell it for 400% what its worth, just be sure to include the word 'vintage' in the title.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Vintage. Everything is vintage now.

Or is it Im vintage and in denial.

hmmm

Then again when I buy stuff from people that put the word vintage in the title of their sales posts, half the time they dont even know what theyre selling.

So if you have some cheapshit realistic dick smith reciever that was garbage brand new and you want to sell it for 400% what its worth, just be sure to include the word 'vintage' in the title.
Yep. People go a bit nuts for certain things. Quite often it's about encroaching age and people wanting to collect old things that remind them of their youth. My back is approaching vintage quickly enough and I can tell you it's not worth a fraction of what it was 20 years ago.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep. People go a bit nuts for certain things. Quite often it's about encroaching age and people wanting to collect old things that remind them of their youth. My back is approaching vintage quickly enough and I can tell you it's not worth a fraction of what it was 20 years ago.
You hit the nail on the head in regards to wanting to collect things that remind people of their youth.
I was looking at buying 2 specific posters recently I had on my wall as a teenager and couldn't believe how much they cost.
Im not into bmx but a mates son collects redlines, mongooses, haro's etc from the eighties and they are big $$$$
game and watches (donkey kong, oil panic) are expensive.
the 80's/90's dont seem that long ago but its 30+ years now lol

I hear you about the back, mines not the best.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Rental property managers. Do they need to have an abnormally low IQ to qualify for the job or something?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wouldn't watch it in a fit anyway BUT Schapelle Corby is on Dancing WIth The Stars.Ch 7 what a bunch of fuckwits they are getting a convicted drug dealer on prime time TV.Not sure if there are any umm sympathisers of hers on here but i cannot stand that bitch and her family(the sister is a guttermouthed slag i hate that mole the most..and likely the ringleader of the distribution ring)for her to catch a break like this i find pukeworthy.

Rd19cb3caf14c6c6e45eac79d68d39652.png

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
People who think they can give and take life like Jesus.
There was only one Jesus.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
People in supermarkets that feel the need to touch everything, fucking old mole in squeezing every avocado, she missed one i asked her if she wanted to squeeze living fuck out of that one also .caught the old **** again up at the milk section ripping them all out to get the one at the back while blocking people of .it should be legal to drop these shit stains

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
People in supermarkets that feel the need to touch everything, fucking old mole in squeezing every avocado, she missed one i asked her if she wanted to squeeze living fuck out of that one also .caught the old **** again up at the milk section ripping them all out to get the one at the back while blocking people of .it should be legal to drop these shit stains
Sounds like my mrs

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bakeries.
Where the fuck can I buy a pinapple or neenish tart that doesnt have 2 inches of hard rock icing on top.
If you cant make a neenesh tart than you shouldn't be allowed to own a bakery. I wont even get started on chocolate eclaires

And servos
It was a right of passage to grab a mint patti or golden rough when going into a servo.
Most servos I go to dont sell them anymore.

Whats next, no more devin at the deli? That shit has helped me build a bullitproof immune system for decades.
Gundagai bakery it’s a ripper for shit like that

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They are the worst way to spend a Saturday. I don't care if there is a free bar - I can afford my own booze.
I have been unlucky enough to be invited to 2 Christian / bible bashing weddings with no grog supplied lucky the last one was at a function centre so after a few hours I thought fuck it and ordered and paid for a beer
Every ***** looked at me like I was smoking ice
To make it worse the dogs were playing raiders in a GF qualifier and won with a halligan field goal
I was in the car listening too it sucking on a beer with the mrs coming out and trying to drag me back in
I think we got pumped by the broncs in the GF a week later

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
To be still debunking the accusathon all day so they can just recycle allegations tells me some people just like things their way despite knowing better.
You gotta be happy in life or whats the point?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
My husband hates silly old men at Bunnings and them scuffing along not lifting their feet. Says he can hear 'em a mile off behind him and it drives him nuts.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Bakeries.
Where the fuck can I buy a pinapple or neenish tart that doesnt have 2 inches of hard rock icing on top.
If you cant make a neenesh tart than you shouldn't be allowed to own a bakery. I wont even get started on chocolate eclaires

And servos
It was a right of passage to grab a mint patti or golden rough when going into a servo.
Most servos I go to dont sell them anymore.

Whats next, no more devin at the deli? That shit has helped me build a bullitproof immune system for decades.
Whats this devin stuff?

You're not a real Qlder are you?! :grinning:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
For sure :grinning:

Asap you said devon I knew.

It's Windsor (or used to be up here) according to my Qld husband lol
Its friggin devon those retarded south Australians call it fritz but they are weird fucks anyway.
Always was
Always will be
DEVON

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Its friggin devon those retarded south Australians call it fritz but they are weird fucks anyway.
Always was
Always will be
DEVON
Not in Gods Country it's not.

Ports up here, not school bags and duchesses not dressing tables :grinning: