The "R U OK ?" Thread

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How you doing today bro ?
Thanks for asking brother, but tbh I'm dying on the inside, I had a appointment scheduled for midday today but after some shit coming up I missed it and was held up until 5:30, luckily there is a medical centre nearby that opens till late and so im about to leave to go see the doctor. The anxiety of not knowing if it is cancerous or not is so fucking overwhelming, I'll probably spend all of tomorrow getting scanned and tested which will be fun.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for asking brother, but tbh I'm dying on the inside, I had a appointment scheduled for midday today but after some shit coming up I missed it and was held up until 5:30, luckily there is a medical centre nearby that opens till late and so im about to leave to go see the doctor. The anxiety of not knowing if it is cancerous or not is so fucking overwhelming, I'll probably spend all of tomorrow getting scanned and tested which will be fun.
Good luck man try to give yourself a break from your brain and zone out for 4 mins

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Fucken again... 18 months ago I had a major cancer scare and thankfully after weeks of testing/scanning and later a biopsy it turned out that I was in fact cancer free and the issue was something completely different and very minor. However, 4/5 days ago whilst holidaying on the Gold Coast I found a small lump on the side of my groin, it worried me a bit at the time but I didn't think much of it, fast forward to now and it is still there, whilst it definitely hasn't gotten bigger it hasn't gone away either, a quick google search and the internet reckons it is one of 4 things, either a hernia, cyst, infection or Cancer. It looks nothing like a cyst and a hernia also seems far fetched based on the symptoms so im getting increasingly worried about the cancer thing.

I haven't gone to see a doctor yet as it says online to give it a week as if it is your body just trying to fight an infection it will clear up by itself but im so fucking scared it's been playing on my mind the past few days a lot. Obviously going through the scare not to long ago its made me super paranoid about it and even the thought of getting scans again terrifies me. I've told myself that by Monday if it hasn't started to shrink or disappear then I will go to the doctor but im not in the right fucked head space to deal with the outcome if it's bad news.
I'm not a doctor but it might be as simple as an ingrown hair. The nurses at St Vincent's say it's common for people to confuse them with other sinister things.

Praying for you my bro.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah deep down I know thats what needs to be down, but it makes me sick every time I think about it and I guess I've just been making excuses to delay it.
Yeah understandable..it’s not a good thing..but best to be sure.. I hope all is ok..

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Since I've been fucked over and hurt so many times, I don't really want any new friends.

I do like to go out, but I'm happy to hang on my own.

I've had people try to lure me in their group or say it's ok to hang out and then they will start having a loan or turn on me for no reason.

For this reason I prefer not to have anyone in my life.
I'm similar in that regard. Sometimes it feels like the biggest risk you can take is to let people into your life. The thing to remember is that even if you do and they turn out to not fit, it's a learning experience. Don't let it convince you that it's you that has failed.

I've got no real interests or hobbies.

I'm just living to die right now.
I often feel that way too. But things can change if you find an outlet or something that pleases you. I kind of fell into the aged care industry through kitchen work and found that it restored much of my faith in humanity. My mood has become much better because I feel appreciated for the small things I do. Money is shit for my job, but it makes me feel good when an elderly resident of the nursing home genuinely thanks you for just taking the time to chat. To me that's why lots of people like animals (they're grateful just to have company). It takes some effort to let your guard down, but it's rewarding if you manage it. Would highly recommend that if you can find the time, go to a nursing home and ask a lonely resident about their life. They'll appreciate it and you might get a warm fuzzy feeling.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm similar in that regard. Sometimes it feels like the biggest risk you can take is to let people into your life. The thing to remember is that even if you do and they turn out to not fit, it's a learning experience. Don't let it convince you that it's you that has failed.

I often feel that way too. But things can change if you find an outlet or something that pleases you. I kind of fell into the aged care industry through kitchen work and found that it restored much of my faith in humanity. My mood has become much better because I feel appreciated for the small things I do. Money is shit for my job, but it makes me feel good when an elderly resident of the nursing home genuinely thanks you for just taking the time to chat. To me that's why lots of people like animals (they're grateful just to have company). It takes some effort to let your guard down, but it's rewarding if you manage it. Would highly recommend that if you can find the time, go to a nursing home and ask a lonely resident about their life. They'll appreciate it and you might get a warm fuzzy feeling.
That second reply mate is one of the nicest things I’ve seen written on The Kennel mate.

Aged care is a tough environment and thank fuck we’ve got people like you looking after the people that made our country great my man.

So awesome...

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That second reply mate is one of the nicest things I’ve seen written on The Kennel mate.

Aged care is a tough environment and thank fuck we’ve got people like you looking after the people that made our country great my man.

So awesome...

So awesome...
It's actually helped me a lot even though at times I feel very sad to see how lonely some of them can get. But I've met some lovely people working in the industry too. It tends to weed out people who are only after money.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score

I used to get let down a lot by my dad making promises.

So much so that word doesn't register in my vocabulary.

If you sift through my posts you will see I've been meeting quite a few women lately.

The one thing they all have in common is they don't listen to me when I say I never make any promises.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
I hope it goes well for you mate. Let us know how you go.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So basically the doctor had a good look at it and he said it was a very irregular lump which would need an ultrasound and further scanning, he said the actual location of the lump would be highly uncommon for cancer but he also said he can't rule anything out, so now I just need to go and get the scans done and it's a wait and see game I guess.

Thanks to everyone for their support, this place has helped me so much in the past and I appreciate all you guys.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So basically the doctor had a good look at it and he said it was a very irregular lump which would need an ultrasound and further scanning, he said the actual location of the lump would be highly uncommon for cancer but he also said he can't rule anything out, so now I just need to go and get the scans done and it's a wait and see game I guess.

Thanks to everyone for their support, this place has helped me so much in the past and I appreciate all you guys.
take one day at a time and know that there is treatment out there .. If it's only been there for a few days then take comfort in knowing that you've given yourself the best chance at treating it.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

If theres one thing I've slowly learned in recent times.. it's that life is simply not worth working yourself up into a tizz, over something that may not happen.

Tackle a problem when it becomes a problem, rather than worrying about something that may not be an issue.

I think some refer to it as "The Art of not giving a fuck".. i.e spending so long caught up on concerns that you forget about enjoying the good things in life.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m having a better day today.

I’m back at square one with woman I’ve met, she’s talking to me again.
Also I’ve got my job back at the facility where I was originally promised to work.
No more being stuck in stressful noisy environment and having to walk over a km from where I park to get to work!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting one last night always suffered chronic anxiety sometimes i can manage it ,sometimes i can bullshit its not really happening,sometimes im on meds but not currently.
Well i got fucking left hooked few things going on atm causing a bit of stress and me off the durries adds to it.dead tired about 11pm go to shut my eyes just about asleep the chest tightens i gasp for breath skin is getting hot flushes, ahhh fuck this a feeling i know to well and had for countless nights and countless years .close em again straight into panic im going to drop dead ( the brain can fuck you over) im hypersensitive cant tell is its hot or cold disorienting (feels like when you're a kid and greened out on to much weed) do i need to fart or shit? ,piss or spew? brain is in fucking over drive ,every bump, tingle twitch or movement is magnified causing more panic.
This lasted to 4am when i go through the routine of telling my self if im going to die just fucking die now because im sick of this shit.calmed down by about 5am got 2 hrs sleep feel like absolute shit which is triggering off a few things but not as intense.
Had not had one that intense for a long time ,slowly shaking the **** off and trying to turn the **** around