The "R U OK ?" Thread

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Interesting one last night always suffered chronic anxiety sometimes i can manage it ,sometimes i can bullshit its not really happening,sometimes im on meds but not currently.
Well i got fucking left hooked few things going on atm causing a bit of stress and me off the durries adds to it.dead tired about 11pm go to shut my eyes just about asleep the chest tightens i gasp for breath skin is getting hot flushes, ahhh fuck this a feeling i know to well and had for countless nights and countless years .close em again straight into panic im going to drop dead ( the brain can fuck you over) im hypersensitive cant tell is its hot or cold disorienting (feels like when you're a kid and greened out on to much weed) do i need to fart or shit? ,piss or spew? brain is in fucking over drive ,every bump, tingle twitch or movement is magnified causing more panic.
This lasted to 4am when i go through the routine of telling my self if im going to die just fucking die now because im sick of this shit.calmed down by about 5am got 2 hrs sleep feel like absolute shit which is triggering off a few things but not as intense.
Had not had one that intense for a long time ,slowly shaking the **** off and trying to turn the **** around
Hang in there brother and also give yourself a break.

Off the smokes and then add some extreme fatigue and it’s always going to end like a shit sandwich.

Just try and chill if you can today mate, get some sleep and look after yourself, I know it sucks what you’re going through but it WILL get better my friend...

I know I bang on about it, but just try and do a couple of rounds of the Wim Hof breathing method, it is fucking gold mate...

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hang in there brother and also give yourself a break.

Off the smokes and then add some extreme fatigue and it’s always going to end like a shit sandwich.

Just try and chill if you can today mate, get some sleep and look after yourself, I know it sucks what you’re going through but it WILL get better my friend...

I know I bang on about it, but just try and do a couple of rounds of the Wim Hof breathing method, it is fucking gold mate...
Cheers dude just laying on the back with cold air on and some music zoning out from my brain lol

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Cheers dude just laying on the back with cold air on and some music zoning out from my brain lol
Good work man, zoning out is good.

If you feel up to it, give this episode of JR a crack with Wim Hof, entertaining, funny as shit and will teach you bucket loads about stress, breathing and managing thoughts/feelings. It’s not “hippy shit”, just normal blokes talking about ways to calm your mind.

Last edited:

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Interesting one last night always suffered chronic anxiety sometimes i can manage it ,sometimes i can bullshit its not really happening,sometimes im on meds but not currently.
Well i got fucking left hooked few things going on atm causing a bit of stress and me off the durries adds to it.dead tired about 11pm go to shut my eyes just about asleep the chest tightens i gasp for breath skin is getting hot flushes, ahhh fuck this a feeling i know to well and had for countless nights and countless years .close em again straight into panic im going to drop dead ( the brain can fuck you over) im hypersensitive cant tell is its hot or cold disorienting (feels like when you're a kid and greened out on to much weed) do i need to fart or shit? ,piss or spew? brain is in fucking over drive ,every bump, tingle twitch or movement is magnified causing more panic.
This lasted to 4am when i go through the routine of telling my self if im going to die just fucking die now because im sick of this shit.calmed down by about 5am got 2 hrs sleep feel like absolute shit which is triggering off a few things but not as intense.
Had not had one that intense for a long time ,slowly shaking the **** off and trying to turn the **** around
Hope you're feeling better now dude. Do you practice meditation/breathing exercises? I've been slack lately but really need to make a habit of it. It has helped.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hang in there Southy..stay strong brother..

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I've had similar things happen.. but only once. You kinda feel like you can't move but are half awake.

Sleep Paralysis I think it's technical term is.

Then of course you get the follow on sleep deprivation from it.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
thanks for the ride... Wow! That description. The problem with anxiety is that you are never really sure which in turn feeds the anxiety and excacebates the symptoms.. It's a horrible condition.. I do find lack of sleep triggers mine plus certain meds.
Next time it comes on particularly with chest tightness and shortness of breath try getting to emergency to get it checked out even though they're classic symptoms of anxiety.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
All the best with the durries. you will feel better, be richer and be a better influence on your kids, but of course its tough :grinning:

As for the anxiety, it might be something you should speak to your doctor about. I assume its been a while since you last had any sort of counselling?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
thanks for the ride... Wow! That description. The problem with anxiety is that you are never really sure which in turn feeds the anxiety and excacebates the symptoms.. It's a horrible condition.. I do find lack of sleep triggers mine plus certain meds.
Next time it comes on particularly with chest tightness and shortness of breath try getting to emergency to get it checked out even though they're classic symptoms of anxiety.
Been there done that wolf ended up in hospital that many times sweaty hand ,tingly arm sore shoulder, short breath stabbing chest pains all symptoms of heart attack but just old health anxiety used to have it pretty much 24/7 add in chronic vertigo pins and needles all over. That went on for years was not fun it almost broke me, hopefully with this new one i can get control of it by tonight at least and have a few hrs sleep.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
All the best with the durries. you will feel better, be richer and be a better influence on your kids, but of course its tough :grinning:

As for the anxiety, it might be something you should speak to your doctor about. I assume its been a while since you last had any sort of counselling?
Yeah a while about a year and half ,nothing that a few valium couldn't help with atm lol

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I've had similar things happen.. but only once. You kinda feel like you can't move but are half awake.

Sleep Paralysis I think it's technical term is.

Then of course you get the follow on sleep deprivation from it.
Yeah I suffer with that..actually Awake paralysis too..it’s a bugger when a mozzie is around...
Only joking..couldn’t help :grimacing:

To be serious though..it’s not a nice feeling when it’s the result of your mind not your body..

Last edited:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Been there done that wolf ended up in hospital that many times sweaty hand ,tingly arm sore shoulder, short breath stabbing chest pains all symptoms of heart attack but just old health anxiety used to have it pretty much 24/7 add in chronic vertigo pins and needles all over. That went on for years was not fun it almost broke me, hopefully with this new one i can get control of it by tonight at least and have a few hrs sleep.
Yes I know !! That damn protocol!! , but anxiety mimics it so well.
Normally straight up you can tell its anxiety when someone walks in clutching their chest, begging to see a doctor, sweating, talking in full sentences while telling me they can't breathe... Most of the time they're diagnosed with anxiety or atypical chest pain ...but ..but.. Sometimes they're for real .

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Was the last one when you almost collapsed on the shitter?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nothing clears the head like busting you're arse on a hard days work, never been so happy just carrying heavy shit and destroying shit ,no thinking just burning energy.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm in big trouble.
The girl I've been seeing told me last time I seen her that I belong to her as if I'm some kind of possession.

Looks like I'm going to have to ditch her soon? Not going to be easy if that's what she thinks?