The "R U OK ?" Thread

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The mornings are still killing me, which usually gets better as the day goes on but today this evil shit has been hanging around all day and cant shake it off. And i dont wanna ask the psych doc to up my meds in fear of becoming reliant on them.
Best to keep away from those extra meds my man.. mornings are always tough because all the thoughts of the night bank up and roll out early in the morning.. Best to get out of the bed quick.. Snap that brain into action..go for an early walk playing some tunes..take in the sights..don’t let those evil thoughts have a voice.. I hope I don’t speak out of turn..but from reading this thread..your Kennel brothers are right behind you..you are not alone..

Last edited:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I get cabin fever when I'm in hospital or recovering at home.
I know cabin fever..some how I’ve gotten used to it..my outlet is the net and my mind..and in some way the challenge of beating it has steeled me against it..overtime it doesn’t effect me as much.. However I urge all who can..by their own means..get out and experience the world..it’s too good to miss..

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I know cabin fever..some how I’ve gotten used to it..my outlet is the net and my mind..and in some way the challenge of beating it has steeled me against it..overtime it doesn’t effect me as much.. However I urge all who can..by their own means..get out and experience the world..it’s too good to miss..
Amen to that brother!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The mornings are still killing me, which usually gets better as the day goes on but today this evil shit has been hanging around all day and cant shake it off. And i dont wanna ask the psych doc to up my meds in fear of becoming reliant on them.
I'm not going to say I know how you feel because it's rude, but I go though the same thing my bro.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Whatever you do brother that's right, don't rely on meds. I mean my preference is for people to be off anti-depressants or what have you completely and just find a better way to clear you mind. I'm no psychologist but I think having something to look forward to usually helps. Maybe like a holiday or even something simpler like something to do on the weekend (go out for lunch or the cinemas) - whatever your hobby is.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I get it a bit these days as I've effectively been home every day for 2 years.
My brother was in a similar situation for 2 years. His IT contract ended in September 2016 , he was the only non Indian IT analyst in Westpac , applied for numerous jobs since then but only got a handful of interviews.. Basically was sitting at home for 2 years till he got married in March and now works as a Coles delivery driver. All that university study, experience... Useless against visa457's and nepotism.

Last edited:

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Everyone has those days... I liken it to trying to start a two stroke or an old mower/trimmer. Pull the cord multiple times but it just stutters and splutters, but eventually comes to life.

Head outside and go for a run (or even early in the morning). Good way to get the heart pumping and dopamine/adrenaline levels lifted before starting the day, or to wind down and clear the mind.
Yeah i know mate. Shit days will come and go. Your mower analogy sounds about right lol.

The early morning run might be a struggle lol. But you're right. I haven't been doing any cardio at the gym lately so it's best i get back into it.

It’s best to only take what you need mate
This is my thinking as well.

Grind it out brother shit will pass days will become good
Thanks my man. I know they will. Weekend is here so hopefully get some fishing done.

Best to keep away from those extra meds my man.. mornings are always tough because all the thoughts of the night bank up and roll out early in the morning.. Best to get out of the bed quick.. Snap that brain into action..go for an early walk playing some tunes..take in the sights..don’t let those evil thoughts have a voice.. I hope I don’t speak out of turn..but from reading this thread..your Kennel brothers are right behind you..you are not alone..
Thanks for the support buddy.

No I've been following the psych doctors orders. I dont abuse them. He did say that eventually I'd be weened off them but when who knows?

I'm not going to say I know how you feel because it's rude, but I go though the same thing my bro.
Not not rude at all bro.

It really grabs ya and hangs on doesn't it?

Whatever you do brother that's right, don't rely on meds. I mean my preference is for people to be off anti-depressants or what have you completely and just find a better way to clear you mind. I'm no psychologist but I think having something to look forward to usually helps. Maybe like a holiday or even something simpler like something to do on the weekend (go out for lunch or the cinemas) - whatever your hobby is.
Problem is i do have a few things coming up but im just not getting excited about it. I go away to Tassie and Melbourne in April to do some photography, so hopefully that time away from work and home will do me a world of good.

Thanks Kennel family for all your replies. It really means a lot and it makes me feel better knowing im not alone.

And if anyone needs to reach out please don't hesitate to do so.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fucken again... 18 months ago I had a major cancer scare and thankfully after weeks of testing/scanning and later a biopsy it turned out that I was in fact cancer free and the issue was something completely different and very minor. However, 4/5 days ago whilst holidaying on the Gold Coast I found a small lump on the side of my groin, it worried me a bit at the time but I didn't think much of it, fast forward to now and it is still there, whilst it definitely hasn't gotten bigger it hasn't gone away either, a quick google search and the internet reckons it is one of 4 things, either a hernia, cyst, infection or Cancer. It looks nothing like a cyst and a hernia also seems far fetched based on the symptoms so im getting increasingly worried about the cancer thing.

I haven't gone to see a doctor yet as it says online to give it a week as if it is your body just trying to fight an infection it will clear up by itself but im so fucking scared it's been playing on my mind the past few days a lot. Obviously going through the scare not to long ago its made me super paranoid about it and even the thought of getting scans again terrifies me. I've told myself that by Monday if it hasn't started to shrink or disappear then I will go to the doctor but im not in the right fucked head space to deal with the outcome if it's bad news.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fucken again... 18 months ago I had a major cancer scare and thankfully after weeks of testing/scanning and later a biopsy it turned out that I was in fact cancer free and the issue was something completely different and very minor. However, 4/5 days ago whilst holidaying on the Gold Coast I found a small lump on the side of my groin, it worried me a bit at the time but I didn't think much of it, fast forward to now and it is still there, whilst it definitely hasn't gotten bigger it hasn't gone away either, a quick google search and the internet reckons it is one of 4 things, either a hernia, cyst, infection or Cancer. It looks nothing like a cyst and a hernia also seems far fetched based on the symptoms so im getting increasingly worried about the cancer thing.

I haven't gone to see a doctor yet as it says online to give it a week as if it is your body just trying to fight an infection it will clear up by itself but im so fucking scared it's been playing on my mind the past few days a lot. Obviously going through the scare not to long ago its made me super paranoid about it and even the thought of getting scans again terrifies me. I've told myself that by Monday if it hasn't started to shrink or disappear then I will go to the doctor but im not in the right fucked head space to deal with the outcome if it's bad news.
Worst thing you can do is google that shit
I think I’ve died 5 times according to google

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Go the dr right away bro best be safe

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Get to the doctor .. When in doubt..check it out..

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

Could be anything... remember there are lymph nodes in your groin area.. or cellulitis, or an under skin boil.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Worst thing you can do is google that shit
I think I’ve died 5 times according to google
Mate trust me I know that too well, 18 months ago when I was told I possibly had cancer and I researched that shit the results said I would need a leg amputation and aggressive chemo.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Could be anything... remember there are lymph nodes in your groin area.. or cellulitis, or an under skin boil.
Yeah the lymph nodes is what im scared about, lumps on the nodes can be a big red flag for cancer. Really frustrating.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
My brother was in a similar situation for 2 years. His IT contract ended in September 2016 , he was the only non Indian IT analyst in Westpac , applied for numerous jobs since then but only got a handful of interviews.. Basically was sitting at home for 2 years till he got married in March and now works as a Coles delivery driver. All that university study, experience... Useless against visa457's and nepotism.
It’s such a waste of a professional

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Problem is i do have a few things coming up but im just not getting excited about it. I go away to Tassie and Melbourne in April to do some photography, so hopefully that time away from work and home will do me a world of good.

Thanks Kennel family for all your replies. It really means a lot and it makes me feel better knowing im not alone.

And if anyone needs to reach out please don't hesitate to do so.
We're always here for you brother.