The "R U OK ?" Thread

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Food for thought

The Brain-Gut Connection
Although your brain is the control center for all bodily functions, when it comes to emotions such as nerves, stress, anxiety or depression, your second brain might also have a hand in how you’re feeling.

That’s right: The “second brain,” or the enteric nervous system (ENS), which governs digestion, has much to do with the way you handle distressing emotions.

The ENS—which is made up of 200 to 600 million nerve cells—takes care of the day-to-day activities of digestion independently of the central nervous system and lets us know when we’re hungry, or too full, or when something we’ve eaten doesn’t agree with us. The ENS works alongside the complex ecosystem of microbes in the gut — collectively known as the intestinal microbiota—that reside in close proximity to the ENS. It is believed that interactions between the ENS and the intestinal microbiota may result in communication between our brain and gut.

Recent research suggests that gut microbes may affect our mood and behaviors, suggesting that the ENS may be even more like a brain than was previously believed. It has been shown that the levels of neurotransmitters like serotonin—which is known to regulate anxiety, happiness and mood—can be influenced by an organism’s intestinal microbiota. Even more interesting: The intestinal microbiota can directly produce neurotransmitters, the chemical messengers that transmit signals between synapses in your brain and nervous system. What effect these intestinally produced neurotransmitters might have is a question researchers are just beginning to explore.

“Neurotransmitters are essential for communication between the brain and the gut, and they can be produced by the intestinal microbiota,” Dr. Carroll says.

Full Article:

https://healthtalk.unchealthcare.org/the-connection-between-your-brain-and-your-gut/

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why are people on here more real than people you know on facebook?

On facebook they seem to all be lovers of world peace and martyrs trying to help the poor but when you talk to them in real life they're nothing but self indulgent fucks

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Why are people on here more real than people you know on facebook?

On facebook they seem to all be lovers of world peace and martyrs trying to help the poor but when you talk to them in real life they're nothing but self indulgent fucks
Because...

WE ARE BLUE,
WE ARE WHITE,
WE ARE FUCKING DYNAMITE!

In a more civil way, we are a family, instead of ripping into differences, one little same bonds us.

Sure families fight, but who gives a rat's?

PS that's why I don't bother with any social media, I'd be banned in 2.4 seconds.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Facebook’s greatest feature = Deactivate your Account
Nah ... the easiest way to stop using (any forum or social media platform), is to go out in a blaze of glory.

Give them no other option but to ban you :D

That way you can't deactivate / undelete the account, or access it at all.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Nah ... the easiest way to stop using (any forum or social media platform), is to go out in a blaze of glory.

Give them no other option but to ban you :D

That way you can't deactivate / undelete the account, or access it at all.
Do not go gently into that good night, rage rage against the dying of the light! Lol!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Do not go gently into that good night, rage rage against the dying of the light! Lol!
Here here...

I've been trying to get a few accounts of mine nuked recently (named DailyMail) and a few others. They are resilient I must say..

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here here!!!

I never got that phrase for years. I don’t know why but lately I have been thinking about it and it’s like it all dawned on me.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Here here!!!

I never got that phrase for years. I don’t know why but lately I have been thinking about it and it’s like it all dawned on me.
Here’s the rest of the poem by Dylan Thomas.. It is all about not letting age, death..or even fear.. take you so easily..you fight to the end.. It’s basically @ASSASSIN as a poem..

Do not go gentle into that good night
Dylan Thomas, 1914 - 1953
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If you're going down, go down swinging!

Or drag the **** down with you lol

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Running like a bag of shit funny how one minute ok next dark clouds ,shit happens ill snap myself out of my **** of a mood .just needed to whinge

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Running like a bag of shit funny how one minute ok next dark clouds ,shit happens ill snap myself out of my **** of a mood .just needed to whinge
Go for it man.

Ive actually been up and down myself these last couple of days. Fukked if i know how it can just switch on and off, but the mornings seem to be the worst.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Go for it man.

Ive actually been up and down myself these last couple of days. Fukked if i know how it can just switch on and off, but the mornings seem to be the worst.
The brains a **** lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The brains a **** lol
100% ... it's it's own worst enemy.

Sometimes I honestly feel like that situation in cartoons where there's a devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other .... one saying one thing, one saying the other.

That's how my mind feels at times.

But seriously.... Fuck 2017, Fuck 2018.... I'm determined to make 2019 the start of my uprising, and never EVER returning to the sort of years 2017/2018 have been.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
100% ... it's it's own worst enemy.

Sometimes I honestly feel like that situation in cartoons where there's a devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other .... one saying one thing, one saying the other.

That's how my mind feels at times.

But seriously.... Fuck 2017, Fuck 2018.... I'm determined to make 2019 the start of my uprising, and never EVER returning to the sort of years 2017/2018 have been.

sometimes? that's me 24/7.... and the devil usually wins lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score