The "R U OK ?" Thread

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Got shit news about the ticker, didn't really pay attention as I'm completely over it. Something about too many antibodies or some shit in the heart, they will treat it with more poison and more then likely it's another op. They reckon it can't be keyhole so it's open heart.

Sometimes I think I died the first time in 2012 and have been living in hell since then.
You’re not in Hell.... you still have your family, the kennel and Red Dead 2....

Sorry to hear of this latest setback. It’s really fucked up to think how much bad luck you’ve had. But if anyone can get through this and come out the other side with both middle fingers raised, its you. You’ve fought through so much shit.... you’ve got this.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I hate life and I'm sick of work.

Still everyday feels like there's no reason to live.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Why's that?

Go for a run, or a walk somewhere scenic... nothing better to clear the mind and get a fresh perspective on things.
Maybe when I move I'll motivate myself to do stuff like that again?
I'll be down the road from pools and parks.

My job pays awesome but it's mind numbing.
It's like solitary confinement.

At least in jail they get let out in the yard for recess and lunch.

If they reduced the hours I'd probably be happier?
12 hour shifts is too much!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Not really.... need a massive lifestyle overhaul and can't seem to kick on with any steps.

In some areas I try to start the car, it kicks over, runs, then conks out again.

So much fear of the unknown in my personal life at the moment compounded by inescapable financial issues... let's just say things are a right mess there and I'm 100% to blame. My partner shouldn't have to struggle because I am.

Thinking of getting a part time job, but can't do retail or labour work as my back and shoulders are fucked. But that's only going to solve one of about 40 problems.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Not really.... need a massive lifestyle overhaul and can't seem to kick on with any steps.

In some areas I try to start the car, it kicks over, runs, then conks out again.

So much fear of the unknown in my personal life at the moment compounded by inescapable financial issues... let's just say things are a right mess there and I'm 100% to blame. My partner shouldn't have to struggle because I am.

Thinking of getting a part time job, but can't do retail or labour work as my back and shoulders are fucked. But that's only going to solve one of about 40 problems.
Even baby steps are good mate, it doesn’t matter what that is, just small steps in our life will lead to giant leaps collectively.

Insight timer is an amazing app that helps you do meditation a your own pace, I recommend it highly. I’m not the most proficient user of meditation, but I know the benefits of breathing and being in the moment when life is overwhelming.

I also highly recommend all things “Wim Hof” the guy has an amazing take on life and his power breathing exercises are some of the most beneficial to your mental health and physiology you will find.

I’ve mentioned here before that my background is rooted in psychology from both an education point of view (University trained) but also through personal experiences and trauma.

I don’t like to give too much advice, as everyone’s situation is unique, you know you better than anyone, just try and make them small steps and stick to it and be kind to yourself wherever possible.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Life is beautiful bro..even where I sit from in a wheelchair..I literally can’t do anything for myself..but I’m still glad to be here..because the alternative aren’t so good..
People dont understand any day above ground is a good one. It's not just a cliche...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Even baby steps are good mate, it doesn’t matter what that is, just small steps in our life will lead to giant leaps collectively.

Insight timer is an amazing app that helps you do meditation a your own pace, I recommend it highly. I’m not the most proficient user of meditation, but I know the benefits of breathing and being in the moment when life is overwhelming.

I also highly recommend all things “Wim Hof” the guy has an amazing take on life and his power breathing exercises are some of the most beneficial to your mental health and physiology you will find.

I’ve mentioned here before that my background is rooted in psychology from both an education point of view (University trained) but also through personal experiences and trauma.

I don’t like to give too much advice, as everyone’s situation is unique, you know you better than anyone, just try and make them small steps and stick to it and be kind to yourself wherever possible.
Cheers ... feeling much better today... was a beautiful day in the city.

I do have a breathing App (Breath2Relax), but last night the brain was just running overtime for some reason, and sleep deprivation makes me really irate and non-sensical.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
When the skies blue and it's low to mid 20s, it was either this or the beach.

I chose this today. 2-3km trek through multiple tracks at Wentworth Falls.

The first of many I'm sure.

Only a Grade 3 though so pretty light on... (tracks are graded 1-5).
Grade 1 is wheelchair friendly, whilst Grade 5 is for experienced bushwalkers only.

I prefer Grade 4/5 in all honesty as it's a bit of a challenge, but the Grade 3 is good for a casual trek without raising a sweat that much.

Take time to appreciate the beautiful things in life that are free. I'm at peace when I' amongst nature.

upload_2018-11-26_23-13-2.png

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Nothing beats nature... nothing.. I walk 10-20km a day, sometimes more... best stress relief (besides sex)
I think it boils down to that we all came from the earth, and that it's pretty much one of few things in life that it's impossible to get stressed about.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it boils down to that we all came from the earth, and that it's pretty much one of few things in life that it's impossible to get stressed about.
Totally agree with both you guys and great work mr I.
I spend a lot of time doing that sort of stuff
And I should be thankful that I can. I need to remind myself of how lucky I am.
As some are not fortunate enough to be out there.

Always an inspiring thread and helps me put things into perspective.

All my support to those out there doing it tough. My thoughts are with you.

Especially my homie Mr 95 and Assassin I am always cheering you guys home.
Love and respect.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

yep... the further you go the more the mind switches off and just "is".. We would see a rapid decline in many areas of mental health, stress, anxieties etc if everyone spent more of their time outdoors and eating right, rather than inside/ head in the phone/ binging on TV and eating shit

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If you need help, don't be too proud to ask for help.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
If you need help, don't be too proud to ask for help.
100%. I was one of those that was afraid to say something but there came a point where i had to swallow my pride and finally get help, and im glad i did. I still have a long way to go and i still get fear and anxiety about the slightest things in life, and it is difficult to re-wire the brain, but with help from the professionals and friends (havent spoken to family yet) it has at least got me aware of it and hopefully chip away at it slowly.

Don't be ashamed to talk here about it here also. Any bit helps when we're at our low point.