The "I think I'm done" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nfl season can’t come quick enough. Fuck this joke of a sport
Nfl is just as poorly refereed. JAGS got absolutely cuffed against the Patriots. Both my teams always get ripped

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m never done!! Weather the refs an nrl are corrupt an a total mess I have my bulldogs to support an my love for league will never die because of my love for the club..

Bulldogs will always come back, an next time we do every other club better be afraid an watch the fuck out.

We are coming.. you may not know when, but we are grrrrr!!!!

haha.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@DT Watch the presser .. it's a rip snorter..

Pay was furious .. there's no way we won't cop a fine after his comments..

He stops one short of calling them cheats.
Good to see and i wish he had blown right up because this is going to be a huge talking point for a few days at least which can be a lifetime in league.
The club must lodge an official complaint and keep talking about it because the fans have had it with this bloke especially.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Good to see and i wish he had blown right up because this is going to be a huge talking point for a few days at least which can be a lifetime in league.
The club must lodge an official complaint and keep talking about it because the fans have had it with this bloke especially.
Sadly it won't be because with games on Friday/Sat/Sunday they'll just ensure theres a fuckup there against like the beloved Storm so everyone forgets the Dogs got shafted.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm honestly in two minds if to turn away from the game at this point....

EVERY.SINGLE.WEEK there's another controversy from an official of the game. Yet nothing is ever done.

This time it's a Sutton family affair, with Bernard Sutton the refs boss being the one who (no doubt) will stay silent on the blatant issues we saw tonight.

Enough is enough...

What is the point in having a rule book, when it goes out the window every game?

The NRL can no longer defend it, it's blatantly obvious now.

I'm that close to only watching NSW Cup, and only tuning back into the NRL when betting is removed from the game.
Mr I, I agree with you wholeheartedly. I'm over this mess. The refs are poor decisions are a joke.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mr I, a few people on here know me and my association in the past with the club but i assure you and i think there are many others at least on social media that this was the final straw!...if my club do not lodge a formal complaint and Pay hasnt sprayed him at the presser i am absolutely done with the Nrl
Watch this space.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Does anyone know our win/loss ratio when G Sutton has officiated ?
He basically blew the Broncos back into the game
This is strictly from memory.

By my reckoning 2 wins from the last 21 games when Sutton has refereed the Bulldogs. Those were against St George on the Queens Birthday 2015 and Manly at Brookvale in round 1 2016. By my count we are now on a 16 game losing streak.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We all with you brother. Im pretty much done to

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We all with you brother. Im pretty much done to

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm still in Switzerland. Missed the game, but just saw the result. Even though I didn't watch it, I feel the pain expressed by the fans here. Back next week, and not looking forward to seeing us done over again. I'd hoped there would be a turnaround by now, and a bit of cohesion. Sounds like we are finding form, but there are other elements killing us. Gambling has to be a big reason we are being done over by bad refereeing decisions. Hang in there, at some point the odds will make betting on us a sure thing, and we will suddenly get the rub of the green.

Dogsarnthavingaparty

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I am proud of the team tonight. Brand new combo for 6/7/9 and we put some great attack, good defence mostly. Ref calls at key moments killed it.

Also dont forget, we only had something like 40% possession! We played so well to keep so close with numbers like that. I am no doubt proud. Also, the way sutton speaks to the boys is blatant disrespect. Fuck me, i want to stomp Suttons head in while wearing steel capped footy boots. Fuck the ****.
I agree ill supply the boots for us

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

EVERY.SINGLE.WEEK there's another controversy from an official of the game. Yet nothing is ever done.

This time it's a Sutton family affair, with Bernard Sutton the refs boss being the one who (no doubt) will stay silent on the blatant issues we saw tonight.

Enough is enough...

What is the point in having a rule book, when it goes out the window every game?

I'm that close to only watching NSW Cup, and only tuning back into the NRL when betting is removed from the game.
Mate I have not found the game entertaining for along time , however the more anti Bulldogs stuff I see in the media as well as elsewhere both on and off the field the more I become fanatical about our team. As the saying goes when the going gets tough the tough get going.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Mr I, a few people on here know me and my association in the past with the club but i assure you and i think there are many others at least on social media that this was the final straw!...if my club do not lodge a formal complaint and Pay hasnt sprayed him at the presser i am absolutely done with the Nrl
Well Pay sprayed him very hard.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard that the reason the the referees favour the team with the asendendesing is because the more points scored the more entertaining the game is. I this is so it can only mean that the RL is dieing, certainly as sports entertainment, and any amount of promotion won't save it.
Thi time however the game was decided by the referee, if that knock was called we win.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm still in Switzerland. Missed the game, but just saw the result. Even though I didn't watch it, I feel the pain expressed by the fans here. Back next week, and not looking forward to seeing us done over again. I'd hoped there would be a turnaround by now, and a bit of cohesion. Sounds like we are finding form, but there are other elements killing us. Gambling has to be a big reason we are being done over by bad refereeing decisions. Hang in there, at some point the odds will make betting on us a sure thing, and we will suddenly get the rub of the green.
Heres the thing though. We have among the largest fan bases around. If the same percentage of people have an emotional bet for their team to win every week it means that they can offer juicy odds for us to win to entice other gamblers into throwing their money away and we're fucked. And to put it bluntly I'd rather not have to wait till the referees decide to stop fucking our chances up. Corruption with gambling is corruption, and whether it's our team getting fucked by it or an opponent it just shouldn't happen.

The fact that the NRL takes a cut of the gambling profits makes it a conflict of interest. The gambling update at half time specifically mentioned that they had paid out on 60% of games by halftime this year, so it would seem to me that in games where they had big money they could rake in they'd take the opportunity to rake it in even if it cops criticism. I'm honestly ready to give up the only hobby and passion I've had all my life because it's a fucking joke. I'd love for 20,000 bulldogs fans to email chanel 9 and say that as the largest sponsor of the game they need to tell the nrl that if something isn't done about refereeing they're not renewing the contract.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
For the first time in quite a while, I was sorta enjoying watching the boys play. But just below the surface, I knew this wouldn't end well either by our own hand or the so called officials. After that knock on call, I walked around the back yard like 19 times laughing/swearing and whatever.
That's just it.... I don't hate the club or the team... and I don't even care if we lose. AS LONG AS WE TRY and put the effort in.

Last night despite a few errors, we tried. We played well with a team that had huge changes, and we honestly deserved to win.

Losing off the back of poor decisions by an official is just heartbreaking...

Team morale is low and only a win will fix that.

To have the game decided not only by an official, but at the last minute of the game... is disgraceful.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Nope opinion hasn't changed, I need a spell for awhile. Take it easy guys.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Heres the thing though. We have among the largest fan bases around. If the same percentage of people have an emotional bet for their team to win every week it means that they can offer juicy odds for us to win to entice other gamblers into throwing their money away and we're fucked. And to put it bluntly I'd rather not have to wait till the referees decide to stop fucking our chances up. Corruption with gambling is corruption, and whether it's our team getting fucked by it or an opponent it just shouldn't happen.

The fact that the NRL takes a cut of the gambling profits makes it a conflict of interest. The gambling update at half time specifically mentioned that they had paid out on 60% of games by halftime this year, so it would seem to me that in games where they had big money they could rake in they'd take the opportunity to rake it in even if it cops criticism. I'm honestly ready to give up the only hobby and passion I've had all my life because it's a fucking joke. I'd love for 20,000 bulldogs fans to email chanel 9 and say that as the largest sponsor of the game they need to tell the nrl that if something isn't done about refereeing they're not renewing the contract.
Jesus Alan you'll blow a head gasket with all this corruption stuff. Simply put, the NRL organises a series of events over a 9 month period and another company or group of companies (bookies)want to offer their services in relation to that event. The NRL (just like all other sporting aligned organisations globally) have said to those companies if you want to profit from our events then you have to pay us a royalty/commission. That's what happens. The NRL couldn't give two figs about the results because it owns THE ENTIRE product that is offered and get's its commission regardless of the result.

Given the level of video surveillance that goes on these days it would quickly become clear if any officials were unduly influencing the outcome of any particular game, just as has been the case in India, SAF and the Middle East. You can always find errors on the part of refs/umpires, just as you can on the part of the players - it doesn't make everyone a Ryan Tandy though (and that was before corporate bookies had a hold on sports events to the extent they do now). Yes from time to time a controversial call might be the difference between an individual team winning or losing but that's not corruption and don't forget interest in the NRL grows when there are controversial games. It keeps people talking about the footy.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Enough is enough...

There are plenty of us on here at the Kennel, as I have only been a member for a short time but been following the dogs for 53 years was wondering if we all sent an email to Greenberg or dopey Beattie complaining about Sutton’s performance. Can we start something here? Is our game not tabs or Sportsbet.

Status
Not open for further replies.