NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Beal doesn’t want to be traded and that's crazy to say Beal would be better than Harden. Embiid doesn’t need to have the ball more than Harden for them to win the title.
I only think the Beal fit would be better because I think Harden can be passive off the ball, you just never know with him, if he keeps his body in the right shape, he is a top 5 player in the game, but other times he can be prone to dropping his head as we've seen multiple times now.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I only think the Beal fit would be better because I think Harden can be passive off the ball, you just never know with him, if he keeps his body in the right shape, he is a top 5 player in the game, but other times he can be prone to dropping his head as we've seen multiple times now.
Harden makes the playoffs every single season. Beal is not a winner. His teams have been terrible for years.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Celtics have had a fair few soft matchups during this run but they're 8-1 in their last 9 games and now give up the 2nd least points per game after being bad defensively to start the year. Tatum and Brown have been productive together lately and Williams keeps improving.

They still probably won't get out of the first round of the playoffs if they make it but at least they're playing better and hopefully they can get some decent pieces back for Schroeder, Richardson and Smart before the deadline.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nothing better than watching LBJs and KDs teams lose. They just try and stack the deck to win.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Another player who deserves more MVP discussion among many worthy candidates this season is Ja Morant..

Over his last 10 games he's averaging 33, 7 and 7 while shooting 50%.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Another player who deserves more MVP discussion among many worthy candidates this season is Ja Morant..

Over his last 10 games he's averaging 33, 7 and 7 while shooting 50%.
Go to page 354. We were talking about this months ago. He is a top player.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Go to page 354. We were talking about this months ago. He is a top player.
Yeah we've known about him since college and he was a rookie. Many other fans and the media have only caught on to how good he is this season.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's been happening for a while but Westbrook has finally bottomed out. His style of game was never going to age well because he relies so much on his athleticism, isn't a good shooter and has a tonne of mileage.

Now the Lakers are stuck with that horrible contract and they can't trade him no matter how hard they try. I love seeing them struggle so badly.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Celtics have had a fair few soft matchups during this run but they're 8-1 in their last 9 games and now give up the 2nd least points per game after being bad defensively to start the year. Tatum and Brown have been productive together lately and Williams keeps improving.

They still probably won't get out of the first round of the playoffs if they make it but at least they're playing better and hopefully they can get some decent pieces back for Schroeder, Richardson and Smart before the deadline.
For a long time the Celtics have been missing a dominant PG

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's been happening for a while but Westbrook has finally bottomed out. His style of game was never going to age well because he relies so much on his athleticism, isn't a good shooter and has a tonne of mileage.

Now the Lakers are stuck with that horrible contract and they can't trade him no matter how hard they try. I love seeing them struggle so badly.
Itll be difficult to trade him to a tanking team as well considering they’re stripped of their assets. How long are James and Davis gonna put up with it though ?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Itll be difficult to trade him to a tanking team as well considering they’re stripped of their assets. How long are James and Davis gonna put up with it though ?
Yeah they have fuck all assets to make it work.. I'm sure they'll find a team like OKC to get a deal done but they'd have to include a future first or two to make it happen.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
For a long time the Celtics have been missing a dominant PG
I don’t think you would’ve had the assets to offer but Haliburton would’ve been the perfect point guard for the Celtics.

There’s not many players around the league that would be available, maybe Dinwiddie could be available if the Wizards blow it up now that Beal is out for the season. If the Rockets were to buyout John Wall, he could be an interesting proposition for a team like the Celtics as well but neither Wall or Dinwiddie would move the needle that much.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah they have fuck all assets to make it work.. I'm sure they'll find a team like OKC to get a deal done but they'd have to include a future first or two to make it happen.
I don’t even think they have their first round pick until 2025.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don’t even think they have their first round pick until 2025.
Yeah they've traded away a tonne of 1sts. They've been talking about including their 2027 1st in deals, that's how little draft capital they have.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Lakers conveniently"rested" Westbrook a day before the deadline. Then they blow a massive lead at home against the Blazers.. I wonder who the scapegoat will be now.. Vogel probably...

Doesn't matter even if they fire Vogel and somehow trade Westbrook. Either way this Lakers team isn't any good.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The greatest thing about the NBA currently is how spread out the talent is, Suns, Warriors, Nets, Bulls and Bucks could all win the chip. Lakers, Celtics, 76ers, Hawks, Nuggets, Memphis, Jazz, Heat and Mavs are all one move away from being finals contenders. You've still got Hornets, Cavs and Raptors who have exciting teams.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I stand corrected, James Worthy said the Blazers were "like a YMC pick group of guys" LMAO

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
Totally different scenarios. Clippers had all off-season to get use to no KL. Nets have different players missing different games and have to change their starting lineup from game to game.

A trade I want to see this week:

Nets receive = Ben Simmons, Seth Curry & a 1st round pick.
Philly receives = James Harden.
why does harden and embiid seem like a horrible combo. like im sure embiid will enjoy watching harden dribbling out a clock before a step back 3