NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It will be late but you can still find good players late in the 1st round. I hate any teams trading picks 5 years from now without heavy protections because 5 years from now they might be horrible.

Brooklyn traded all of those picks to the Celtics to get KG and Pierce to win now and we ended up turning those picks into Tatum and Brown.

But like I said, if Philly can make it work and win a title, then it will be worth it. Time will tell how both teams look after the trade. Should be interesting to see how Simmons plays and fits in..
The 2027 pick is protected 1-8.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Watch from 9:40 until the end if you want to have a laugh :tearsofjoy:

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Nets Lineup after the trade at full strength:

LaMarcus Aldridge
Ben Simmons
Kevin Durant
Patty Mills
Kyrie Irving

Joe Harris
Seth Curry
Andre Drummond
Blake Griffin
Bruce Brown
Nic Claxton
Cam Thomas
Kessler Edwards
David Duke

Going to be very hard to beat that team at full stregth.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

LaMarcus Aldridge
Ben Simmons
Kevin Durant
Patty Mills
Kyrie Irving

Joe Harris
Seth Curry
Andre Drummond
Blake Griffin
Bruce Brown
Nic Claxton
Cam Thomas
Kessler Edwards
David Duke

Biggest issue for that team is keeping Simmons, Irving and Durant on the court and out of drama. Simmons and Irving are going to be two of the biggest story lines going into the post season, Durant needs to stay healthy.

3 Aussie born players in one team is really cool to see though.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

LaMarcus Aldridge
Ben Simmons
Kevin Durant
Patty Mills
Kyrie Irving

Joe Harris
Seth Curry
Andre Drummond
Blake Griffin
Bruce Brown
Nic Claxton
Cam Thomas
Kessler Edwards
David Duke

Curry and Drummond might start once they're settled in with Mills and Aldridge off the bench, but either way they look strong when full strength. Cam Thomas is playing well lately too..

They have so much scoring and shooting at full strength that Simmons should have a field day just cutting off the ball and playing inside if they use him the right way.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't mind either trade for the Celtics.

I like White but not too sure if he is the answer they are looking for at PG.

Celtics definitely watching Peytons' development and hoping he is the answer.

Theis is a competent experienced big man coming off the bench that can help younger players not so much on the court but off it.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Theis also played his best basketball at the Celtics. It is a return home for him. I bet he bleeds leprechaun.

This is what bothers me about the Joe Ingles trade.

The man is Jazz through and through. Being traded to another team will his heart be in it?

The NBA has a history of superstars being traded from the team they starred for and have never been the same again.

On the upside, we may get to see ingles in the NBL when he recovers.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Theis also played his best basketball at the Celtics. It is a return home for him. I bet he bleeds leprechaun.

This is what bothers me about the Joe Ingles trade.

The man is Jazz through and through. Being traded to another team will his heart be in it?

The NBA has a history of superstars being traded from the team they starred for and have never been the same again.

On the upside, we may get to see ingles in the NBL when he recovers.
Theis is a smart player and a solid role player. It's just that he's on $10 million more a year for 3 more years after this which is bad value when the owners refuse to go over the luxury tax and we have limited cap space in future years because of Tatum and Brown's huge deals..

Schroeder had decent value on that deal for playoff teams so we could have gotten a better player/deal in return.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Theis is a smart player and a solid role player. It's just that he's on $10 million more a year for 3 more years after this which is bad value when the owners refuse to go over the luxury tax and we have limited cap space in future years because of Tatum and Brown's huge deals..

Schroeder had decent value on that deal for playoff teams so we could have gotten a better player/deal in return.
Very true.

Guess Theis' tenure will be a short one.

Schroder was traded because he was on a 1 yr deal and they didn't have space to upgrade him to what he is really worth because of the Theis deal.

Never been a big fan of Schroders so no big loss.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Very true.

Guess Theis' tenure will be a short one.

Schroder was traded because he was on a 1 yr deal and they didn't have space to upgrade him to what he is really worth because of the Theis deal.

Never been a big fan of Schroders so no big loss.
Nah Schroeder is no loss. I've always hated him and couldn't stand watching him hog it and jack up his usual bad shots in a Celtics jersey. Just that we could have got more back.

But we're playing well. Won like 13 out of 17 and beat a good team in Denver. White is a really good player. Supposedly he has the 3rd best defensive rating in the league. And he's an efficient scorer that can shoot and pass..

Hopefully we can keep the momentum going and give a team trouble in the 1st round. Robert Williams has been the unsung hero this season. I've been a huge fan of his since day one. I'm glad he's putting it all together because he's exactly what the team has needed for years. And he isn't close to reaching his potential. Not only is he athletic as fuck but he's a really good passer.

I also have to give Udoka credit. I was critical early because of our record and how little ball movement or D there was but now that he's had more time, he's got them buying in and on the same page.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Great win by the suns yesterday. They showed that the additions of mcgee and biyombo have addressed their big issue from the finals last year. Giannis was basically shut down to half the player and the frustration on all the bucks players was clear. Ayton and Bridges have improved so much from last year and booker had an off night yet we still win by 20. Really only see the warriors as a threat now but am confident we can beat them

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Great win by the suns yesterday. They showed that the additions of mcgee and biyombo have addressed their big issue from the finals last year. Giannis was basically shut down to half the player and the frustration on all the bucks players was clear. Ayton and Bridges have improved so much from last year and booker had an off night yet we still win by 20. Really only see the warriors as a threat now but am confident we can beat them
We got killed by our inability to rebound in the finals, but we really have beefed up the squad this season. Bridges looks a lot stronger too and he is good enough to shut down the best guards in the league as we've seen consistently. We should be able to get the better of the Warriors as we've been more consistent then them but we need to hope CP3 and Book stay healthy.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
We got killed by our inability to rebound in the finals, but we really have beefed up the squad this season. Bridges looks a lot stronger too and he is good enough to shut down the best guards in the league as we've seen consistently. We should be able to get the better of the Warriors as we've been more consistent then them but we need to hope CP3 and Book stay healthy.
True I was watching the boards and action in the paint closely yesterday and our improvement is out of sight. Monty Williams is an excellent coach. Cp3 is the key. Such a well balanced team but a long way to go..Bridges is underrated imagine if he put a bit of size on he could easily be an all star..kinda reminds me of Scottie pippen

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
True I was watching the boards and action in the paint closely yesterday and our improvement is out of sight. Monty Williams is an excellent coach. Cp3 is the key. Such a well balanced team but a long way to go..Bridges is underrated imagine if he put a bit of size on he could easily be an all star..kinda reminds me of Scottie pippen
Being able to be strong in the paint really makes us a complete team. We're really good from 3, probably the best mid-range team in the league, and can stand our own in the paint, this is our best chance at a title.

Bridges and Bridges will be our big two once CP3 retires, with Bookers defense improving and Bridges getting better on offense it really gives us a multi dimensional team.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Giddey had 28,12 and 11 today against the Knicks. That's his 2nd triple double in a row. He's still only 19.
He’s killing it & I hope he gets to a decent team

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He's only 19. it's better for him to be on a team like the Thunder right now so he can develop with no pressure.
If he’s good enough he’ll handle the pressure & also learn more playing with better players. It might be ok for him to stay there a couple of years but I do hope he moves on.
The rookie tournament will be good to watch

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If he’s good enough he’ll handle the pressure & also learn more playing with better players. It might be ok for him to stay there a couple of years but I do hope he moves on.
The rookie tournament will be good to watch
He isn't good enough right now to start on a top 4 team. That's not how the NBA works. No 19 year old makes a difference like that not even Lebron. The Thunder will build their team around him and Shai Gilgeous-Alexander. They can be a playoff team in a year or 2. He's a rookie, there is literally no way he's leaving the Thunder.