NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
why does harden and embiid seem like a horrible combo. like im sure embiid will enjoy watching harden dribbling out a clock before a step back 3
I said it earlier and I still stand by it, they aren’t a good fit. Whilst Embiid will still be great playing in with a guard like Harden, you’re not going to get him at his best. I think you need a player who is just as good off the ball, and someone who can push the pace.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Nets and Sixers finally got a deal done.

Brooklyn easily won that trade. Harden was leaving for nothing next year anyway as he was a free agent. To get Simmons, Drummond, Seth Curry and two 1st rounders for Harden is a great return..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Boston traded away Richardson, Langford, a 22 1st and a future 1st swap for Derrick White. I really like Derrick White but I hate that Stevens trades away every 1st round pick. White isn't worth all of that..

Now Stevens traded Schroeder (expiring deal) and Enes for Daniel Theis who earns $9 million a year til 2025. That's a horrible fucking deal for an almost 30 year old backup center..

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Another strange deal by Sacramento. They were always trading Bagley.. But they didn't get much back for him.

They took Bagley 2nd overall ahead of Luka, Trae Young and others. So they essentially drafted Donte DiVincenzo 2nd overall. You have to laugh at Sacramento..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Dallas just traded Porzingis away for next to nothing. Dinwiddie and Bertans.. KP has a few years left on his bad contract and has a bad injury history, but surely they could have gotten more back.

Dinwiddie has been bad this season, is coming off a torn ACL and earns $20 million a year for 2 more seasons. Bertans is on $15 million for two more seasons after this.. Dallas saved no money long term and got two inferior players who are injury prone also and nowhere near as talented as Porzingis.

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Hornets finally got a center.. Got Montrezl Harrell for Ish Smith and Vernon Carey.. That's a good pick up for them to help them try and make the playoffs.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Nets and Sixers finally got a deal done.

Brooklyn easily won that trade. Harden was leaving for nothing next year anyway as he was a free agent. To get Simmons, Drummond, Seth Curry and two 1st rounders for Harden is a great return..
I think a lot of people have reduced Simmons' ability, he is still arguably the best defender in the league and an elite playmaker. And he will still get you 16-18 points most nights.

Brooklyn solve their biggest holes, defence and a big.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Boston traded away Richardson, Langford, a 22 1st and a future 1st swap for Derrick White. I really like Derrick White but I hate that Stevens trades away every 1st round pick. White isn't worth all of that..

Now Stevens traded Schroeder (expiring deal) and Enes for Daniel Theis who earns $9 million a year til 2025. That's a horrible fucking deal for an almost 30 year old backup center..
I really like White on Bostons roster, but the trade doesnt push them over the Bucks, 76ers, Bulls or Heat.

Stevens was a big fan of Theis when he was coach, but the deal makes no sense.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think a lot of people have reduced Simmons' ability, he is still arguably the best defender in the league and an elite playmaker. And he will still get you 16-18 points most nights.

Brooklyn solve their biggest holes, defence and a big.
Plus they get two first round picks and a great shooter in Seth Curry.. Philly are obviously all in on winning a title this season, but I don't think they will win a title. I still think Golden State, Phoenix and Milwaukee are better than them. Plus Brooklyn if Simmons fits in well.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I really like White on Bostons roster, but the trade doesnt push them over the Bucks, 76ers, Bulls or Heat.

Stevens was a big fan of Theis when he was coach, but the deal makes no sense.
I like White too but I hate Stevens giving up 1sts and 2nds like they're worthless. Especially when there's also a pick swap in 5 years in the Spurs favour.

Stevens has a hard on for Theis. He's a solid player. But he's on a bad deal and we could have gotten more back for Schroeder as lots of teams were interested in him.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Plus they get two first round picks and a great shooter in Seth Curry.. Philly are obviously all in on winning a title this season, but I don't think they will win a title. I still think Golden State, Phoenix and Milwaukee are better than them. Plus Brooklyn if Simmons fits in well.
Those two firsts can go a long way if theyre packaged to improve the Nets even further. Never thought a team could trade away Harden and still come out on top.

One of Nets, 76ers, Miami, Bulls or Bucks will be a first round exit this season, but you also wouldnt be surprised if any of them make it to the finals.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I like White too but I hate Stevens giving up 1sts and 2nds like they're worthless. Especially when there's also a pick swap in 5 years in the Spurs favour.

Stevens has a hard on for Theis. He's a solid player. But he's on a bad deal and we could have gotten more back for Schroeder as lots of teams were interested in him.
His inexperience in the role really shows. You've got Tatum and Brown as two of the best young players in the league but you seem locked in to the team you have now, and without many assets besides the two young wings, you may find yourself being a regular first/second round exit for the next 2-3 years.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
His inexperience in the role really shows. You've got Tatum and Brown as two of the best young players in the league but you seem locked in to the team you have now, and without many assets besides the two young wings, you may find yourself being a regular first/second round exit for the next 2-3 years.
Yeah probably... Which is why keeping those picks would help add to the team on cheap deals if you scout and draft well like other teams do like the Nuggets, Raptors, Bulls, Grizzlies etc.. And what little cap space we could have in the future is tied up on players like Daniel Theis! Haha..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Those two firsts can go a long way if theyre packaged to improve the Nets even further. Never thought a team could trade away Harden and still come out on top.

One of Nets, 76ers, Miami, Bulls or Bucks will be a first round exit this season, but you also wouldnt be surprised if any of them make it to the finals.
Yeah spot on. It's so open in both conferences.. Philly should have kept Curry, Drummond and their picks and gotten Murray, Vassell and picks from the Spurs.. I doubt going all in on Harden will put them over the top to win a title this year. They need shooters like Seth Curry around Embiid and Harden for the playoffs.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The Nets & Philly both got better.

Philly needed a dominant guard who can score 25-30 ppg for them and take pressure off Embiid.

The Nets needed better defense and someone who doesn't need to score to contribute. Simmons led the NBA in assists for 3 point shots made last season which helps Durant, Kyrie & Patty.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yeah spot on. It's so open in both conferences.. Philly should have kept Curry, Drummond and their picks and gotten Murray, Vassell and picks from the Spurs.. I doubt going all in on Harden will put them over the top to win a title this year. They need shooters like Seth Curry around Embiid and Harden for the playoffs.
You have to go for it when you can. No one thought the Bucks would win it last season and they did. No one thought the Raptors would win it the season they did. They are better now than at any time the past 20 years.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You have to go for it when you can. No one thought the Bucks would win it last season and they did. No one thought the Raptors would win it the season they did. They are better now than at any time the past 20 years.
That's definitely Morey's thinking. I just think they gave up way too much. The two 1sts added to the deal seemed like overpaying and they might regret that down the road..

If they win a title like the Bucks did with Holiday and Toronto with Kawhi, then it will all be worth it. But they also made a conference rival more balanced short term and much stronger long term.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
That's definitely Morey's thinking. I just think they gave up way too much. The two 1sts added to the deal seemed like overpaying and they might regret that down the road..

If they win a title like the Bucks did with Holiday and Toronto with Kawhi, then it will all be worth it. But they also made a conference rival more balanced short term and much stronger long term.
1 pick is this season and it'll be very late so who cares and the other pick isn't until 2027.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
1 pick is this season and it'll be very late so who cares and the other pick isn't until 2027.
It will be late but you can still find good players late in the 1st round. I hate any teams trading picks 5 years from now without heavy protections because 5 years from now they might be horrible.

Brooklyn traded all of those picks to the Celtics to get KG and Pierce to win now and we ended up turning those picks into Tatum and Brown.

But like I said, if Philly can make it work and win a title, then it will be worth it. Time will tell how both teams look after the trade. Should be interesting to see how Simmons plays and fits in..