NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Totally different scenarios. Clippers had all off-season to get use to no KL. Nets have different players missing different games and have to change their starting lineup from game to game.

A trade I want to see this week:

Nets receive = Ben Simmons, Seth Curry & a 1st round pick.
Philly receives = James Harden.
Either way Nash was always a bizarre hire for a team that was trying to win championships considering he'd never even been an assistant before. He's done nothing to suggest he's a good coach.

I don't think Philly will give up Maxey, Thybulle or Seth. Brooklyn are all in on this season so I doubt a deal gets done.

The Nets should deal Harden because he'll leave first chance he gets and they'll lose him for nothing. At least this way they get Simmons and a pick.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He isn't worth the money he's on. Portland has the cap space now to go after a star forward which they need.
It's the NBA. 75% of the players aren't worth close to what they're on. Bench players who do nothing get $12-$15 million.

At least CJ can still play and isn't washed up like other horrible contracts like Kemba, Westbrook, Wall etc.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Either way Nash was always a bizarre hire for a team that was trying to win championships considering he'd never even been an assistant before. He's done nothing to suggest he's a good coach.

I don't think Philly will give up Maxey, Thybulle or Seth. Brooklyn are all in on this season so I doubt a deal gets done.

The Nets should deal Harden because he'll leave first chance he gets and they'll lose him for nothing. At least this way they get Simmons and a pick.
Philly would 100% trade any player not named Embiid if it meant getting a top 10 player in Harden.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It's the NBA. 75% of the players aren't worth close to what they're on. Bench players who do nothing get $12-$15 million.

At least CJ can still play and isn't washed up like other horrible contracts like Kemba, Westbrook, Wall etc.
Is that the standard you're comparing him too? Kamba, Westbrook & Wall?

I would not want CJ on my team if I were a GM or coach.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Philly would 100% trade any player not named Embiid if it meant getting a top 10 player in Harden.
Everything I've read all season has said that they're not including Maxey and Thybulle. They've been trying to offload Harris which isn't happening.

Morey has been stubborn as always. If he included Maxey, Thybulle, Curry etc a deal would have been done ages ago.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is that the standard you're comparing him too? Kamba, Westbrook & Wall?

I would not want CJ on my team if I were a GM or coach.
No. I'm saying there are dozens of players on horrible contracts and at least McCollum still can get 25, 5 and 5.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
No. I'm saying there are dozens of players on horrible contracts and at least McCollum still can get 25, 5 and 5.
Plenty in the NBA could average that if they had an open licence to shoot. What's the point if he allows the same to be scored against him and doesn't make his team better? I'm not saying he's a terrible player but building your team around him is not a recipe to being a winner.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Plenty in the NBA could average that if they had an open licence to shoot. What's the point if he allows the same to be scored against him and doesn't make his team better?
You rate Trae Young as a top 5 player in the league but he's probably the worst defensive player in the league. Harden is a liability defensively. So is Luka who doesn't even get back over half court on D half the time. Plenty of scorers are bad or average defenders.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You rate Trae Young as a top 5 player in the league but he's probably the worst defensive player in the league. Harden is a liability defensively. So is Luka who doesn't even get back over half court on D half the time. Plenty of scorers are bad or average defenders.
1. I have literally NEVER said Trae Young is a top 5 player in the league. Stop making shit up.
2. James Harden is not a liabilty on defense. This isn't 2017 anymore.
3. Harden & Luka actually make their teams better and win games so your point is irrelevant.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I never thought I'd see my Suns sitting top of the West with a 43-10 record. Booker needs to be in the MVP conversation, he has been averaging 30-5-5 on really efficient numbers over the past 15 games, and when you look at our record with and without him, you can really see his influence. We've won 39 out of the 44 games he has played, half our losses came in the 10 games he missed.

The media is really doing him a disservice, the NBA has their next poster boy right there and they're missing out on the opportunity. He seems like such a cool dude too, very very humble, dating Kendall Jenner and broken the Kardashian curse, and arrives to games in retro cars.

Oh and he has become a very good defender.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
1. I have literally NEVER said Trae Young is a top 5 player in the league. Stop making shit up.
2. James Harden is not a liabilty on defense. This isn't 2017 anymore.
3. Harden & Luka actually make their teams better and win games so your point is irrelevant.
Sorry if I misquoted you but I remember when I was talking up Tatum earlier in the year I thought you said Trae Young was a top 5/10 player and better than Tatum. My argument at the time was Tatum was a great defender which elevated him.

Harden is still a bad defender. Especially now that his hamstrings are fucked and he's 33.

CJ McCollum will help make the Pelicans better too.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Totally different scenarios. Clippers had all off-season to get use to no KL. Nets have different players missing different games and have to change their starting lineup from game to game.

A trade I want to see this week:

Nets receive = Ben Simmons, Seth Curry & a 1st round pick.
Philly receives = James Harden.
Honestly I think thats too much for Harden. Dont get me wrong, Harden is a superstar but when you consider his weight issues, his injury history, his age and the fact that he can leave for nothing at the end of the season, I think its not worth it. But I also dont like the Harden-Embiid fit, you need the ball in Embiids hands, I think the likes of Beal fit better.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I never thought I'd see my Suns sitting top of the West with a 43-10 record. Booker needs to be in the MVP conversation, he has been averaging 30-5-5 on really efficient numbers over the past 15 games, and when you look at our record with and without him, you can really see his influence. We've won 39 out of the 44 games he has played, half our losses came in the 10 games he missed.

The media is really doing him a disservice, the NBA has their next poster boy right there and they're missing out on the opportunity. He seems like such a cool dude too, very very humble, dating Kendall Jenner and broken the Kardashian curse, and arrives to games in retro cars.

Oh and he has become a very good defender.
You must have thought they were a chance of being this good again after last season?

There have been tonnes of MVP candidates this season. Booker, CP3 and the whole Suns team (and Monty Williams) don't get talked about enough considering what they've accomplished the past season and a half.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Read an article regarding LeBron closing in on Kareems record. It would take him missing all of next season for him to not break it then, it would be nice to see LBJ on a competitive team when he breaks arguably the biggest individual record in all of American sports. Would be good for it to happen in Cleveland too, but I dont think he returns there for a third time.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Honestly I think thats too much for Harden. Dont get me wrong, Harden is a superstar but when you consider his weight issues, his injury history, his age and the fact that he can leave for nothing at the end of the season, I think its not worth it. But I also dont like the Harden-Embiid fit, you need the ball in Embiids hands, I think the likes of Beal fit better.
Beal is out for the season now. Like the Sixers with Simmons, the Wizards should have traded Beal a while ago.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You must have thought they were a chance of being this good again after last season?

There have been tonnes of MVP candidates this season. Booker, CP3 and the whole Suns team (and Monty Williams) don't get talked about enough considering what they've accomplished the past season and a half.
Honestly man I thought we'd see a slump after the devastating finals loss, plus we had a ton of drama before the season with the owner Robert Sarver and not giving Ayton the max.

I love that we are an old school team, a floor general at point guard, a multi-level scorer at the two, and a true big at center. What excites me most is seeing the likes of Mikal Bridges continue to develop, Bridges has been averaging 20 points a game over the last few weeks.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Honestly man I thought we'd see a slump after the devastating finals loss, plus we had a ton of drama before the season with the owner Robert Sarver and not giving Ayton the max.

I love that we are an old school team, a floor general at point guard, a multi-level scorer at the two, and a true big at center. What excites me most is seeing the likes of Mikal Bridges continue to develop, Bridges has been averaging 20 points a game over the last few weeks.
Yeah I forgot about the Sarver stuff. Thankfully for the team it died down. CP3's leadership and experience with dealing with the Donald Sterling dramas would have helped them block it out.

The Suns have great depth. Cam Johnson barely plays but would start for a lot of teams. Even JaVale, Bismack etc have played their role. I love watching teams like the Suns and Memphis play because they're well balanced teams with a tonne of ball movement, depth and there's very little iso ball except for late in the shot clock..

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Beal doesn’t want to be traded and that's crazy to say Beal would be better than Harden. Embiid doesn’t need to have the ball more than Harden for them to win the title.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Blazers have a big off season coming up. They're adamant they aren't trading Dame, but have completely blow up the rest of the side. I think they'll have close to 60m of cap space entering free agency, plus they'll end up with a top 5 pick in the draft.

I wonder if they'll make a big move after the draft lottery.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I forgot about the Sarver stuff. Thankfully for the team it died down. CP3's leadership and experience with dealing with the Donald Sterling dramas would have helped them block it out.

The Suns have great depth. Cam Johnson barely plays but would start for a lot of teams. Even JaVale, Bismack etc have played their role. I love watching teams like the Suns and Memphis play because they're well balanced teams with a tonne of ball movement, depth and there's very little iso ball except for late in the shot clock..
CP3 will leave a big hole once he retires but I wouldnt be suprised if he plays until 40, Booker takes a lot of the workload off CP3 in the opening quarters and with the depth we have we probably could decrease his regular season minutes moving forward.