Boxing The Boxing Thread

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mayweather is happy to play along for the $$$. Honestly these ***** have made an absolute killing from being absolute fucking dickheads haha. I still remember someone like KSI who started making FIFA videos as a kid and used to get bullied for it at school...***** laughing now :tearsofjoy:
I can't stand the cuñts one bit. They may be rich but they'll always be flogs. Mayweather may be a great boxer, but he is a flog too. It's a massive flog off between the group.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah it ain't boxing, just the Paul brothers playing their stupid circus show the bunch of clowns they are.
Also jake is so insecure he legit calling out guy his brothers fighting cause he hates not being in spot light . Fuck wit

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I can't stand the cuñts one bit. They may be rich but they'll always be flogs. Mayweather may be a great boxer, but he is a flog too. It's a massive flog off between the group.
They're worse than flogs, but they're still worth US$40m between them....they fucking cracked the stupid code online and made a killing.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canelo wins . Big upset of Saunders wins. Saunders hasn’t fought any where near same caliber as canelo .

got 3 diff outcomes for my multi all for canelo

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Huni vs Gallen: Venue confirmed, but issues remain over fight promotion

Written By
Brendan Bradford

Huni Gallen.jpg

The Justis Huni-Paul Gallen fight finally has a venue pencilled in, with the ICC Exhibition Centre in Sydney looking likely to host the Australian heavyweight title fight, but there's more drama with Gallen reportedly unhappy at being the "B-side" in the fight's promotion.

The issue comes after the poster promoting the fight, which has been dubbed "Termination Day," was released this week.

In the poster, Huni is portrayed as the Terminator because, according to his promoter Dean Lonergan: "Paul Gallen’s boxing career is about to be terminated on June 16."

Lonergan says the poster hasn't gone down well with Gallen.

"That poster shows Justis right at the front. He's the A-side," Lonergan told Sporting News.

"Paul says he deserves to be the A-side. That's already reflected in the money that he's getting paid and the percentage he's going to get.

"But at the end of the day, we need to make Justis as big a star as Gallen is in a very short space of time.

"From a marketing point of view, it makes a truckload more sense having Justis in the more prominent place on the poster."

The name of the fight has also apparently ruffled a few feathers.

"He's blowing up that we're calling it 'Termination Day,'" Lonergan told Sporting News.

"At the end of the day, we are going to terminate his boxing career.

"He is substituting his health for a huge amount of money. It's up to him."

Lonergan revealed he's close to locking in the ICC Exhibition Centre in Darling Harbour as the venue for the June 16 fight.

Last week, Gallen told Sporting News he would consider walking away from the heavyweight showdown if it was staged in Queensland.

The former New South Wales State of Origin captain didn't believe it would be a level playing field if he was forced to fight in Brisbane or Queensland.

Lonergan doesn't have the same concerns heading to Sydney, saying it's a chance to show off his heavyweight star to an even bigger audience.

"We're pretty much locked in. We're coming to Sydney," Lonergan said.

"Judges and referees won't be needed in this fight, because Gallen will be biting the canvas.

"It allows us to be in front of the biggest media gallery we can possibly have. It's the biggest market from a media perspective and we get to show off the best heavyweight boxer this country has ever had.

"It's Huni's ability and talent against Gallen's media exposure. That's reflected in the paid purses and on that basis, and as a marketing person who's been doing this for 25 years, I can put who I want at the front of the poster."

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dean Lonergan is more unlikable that Gal, I hope Gal wins.

Can't see it though, but I've said that for a while about Gal and he keeps winning. He could sail off into the sunset fighting some league bums or SBW, but he's taking on Huni. Fair play to him.

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Justis Huni gearing up for quick-fire Christian Tsoye, Paul Gallen fights

Written By
Tom Naghten
(SportingNews Australia)

E1FwwMLVoAQtke7.jpg

Australian heavyweight champion Justis Huni has no issues fighting on quick turnarounds as he prepares for the biggest few months of his young career.

Still only 22, Huni has fights lined up with Christian Tsoye and Paul Gallen just three weeks apart, before he reverts back to amateur mode for the rescheduled Tokyo Olympics.

Rarely do high-profile fighters back up so quickly these days, but the Brisbane-based Huni says it suits him just fine.

"In the amateurs, you fight someone everyday, so I’m used to it - three weeks is heaps of time for me," Huni told Sporting News .

"I'd rather keep the ball rolling while I'm fit instead of having a break after a fight and having to get that fitness back."

Huni's packed schedule is a throwback to a bygone era in the heavyweight division, when the likes of a rising Mike Tyson would step out, albeit usually briefly, on a regular basis.

"Every second week [Tyson] was in there, just pumping it out," Huni said

"I think that’s the way to go, I like to keep it old school."

Huni will take on the Cameroon-born Tsoye in Sydney on May 26.

Initally the bout was set for Fox Studios in Artarmon, though concern around social distancing requirements put paid to those plans.

Promoter Dean Lonergan is confident of finding a solution, revealing a tentative booking has been made at the International Convention Centre in Darling Harbour.

Should all go to plan, that's also where Huni will be taking on Gallen on June 16 in the biggest test of the NRL premiership winner's boxing career to date.

Fresh off a first-round knockout win over Lucas Browne , Gallen has been granted a shot at the Australian title won by Huni in his professional debut against Django Opelu in November.

Huni is confident he'll be "fine" to face Gallen so soon after the Tsoye fight, but admitted the rugby league great has some admirable qualities in the ring.

"I think he shocked a lot of people," Huni said of Gallen's win over Browne.

"I had a feeling he was gonna win but I didn’t think he was gonna win by knockout, I thought if he was gonna win it would be by decision, but good on him.

"He trains really hard, you can tell he’s a really good athlete, he’s been an athlete for a very long time and he did really well, respect to him."

After a credentialed amateur career, the Tsoye and Gallen fights will be the fourth and fifth pro outings for Huni and the rising star is keen to show off his skills.

"[Gallen] is a fit and hard-working guy and he gets the rewards for it, but it’s going to be a different story with me," he said.

"I’m pretty confident in my own abilities and I know what I can do. What I can do is more than enough to beat my next two opponents.

"What I’ve done in my professional career is like 20 or 30 per cent of what I can do.

"I can do a lot more and I will be showing more again with these next two fights."

Huni was last week confirmed as one of six Australian boxers heading to Tokyo for the Olympics which begin on July 23.

A campaign years in the making, Huni said he was conscious of having to switch back to the three, three-minute round conditions of the Olympics after training for 10-round pro fights.

"I’ve always got in the back of my head that I’ve still got to go back to the amateur style," he added.

"I’ve kind of still got the amateur style but I'm slowly getting used to just taking my time and being patient.

"We had the [Olympics] announcement last week and it really sunk in, it was something special for me, it made me reflect on my whole career.

"Everything I've done along the way to get to where I was last week being announced on the Olympic team, it was a very special moment and it really sunk in, it made me a bit teary thinking how far I've come."

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Huni vs Gallen: Venue confirmed, but issues remain over fight promotion

Written By
Brendan Bradford

View attachment 24059

The Justis Huni-Paul Gallen fight finally has a venue pencilled in, with the ICC Exhibition Centre in Sydney looking likely to host the Australian heavyweight title fight, but there's more drama with Gallen reportedly unhappy at being the "B-side" in the fight's promotion.

The issue comes after the poster promoting the fight, which has been dubbed "Termination Day," was released this week.

In the poster, Huni is portrayed as the Terminator because, according to his promoter Dean Lonergan: "Paul Gallen’s boxing career is about to be terminated on June 16."

Lonergan says the poster hasn't gone down well with Gallen.

"That poster shows Justis right at the front. He's the A-side," Lonergan told Sporting News.

"Paul says he deserves to be the A-side. That's already reflected in the money that he's getting paid and the percentage he's going to get.

"But at the end of the day, we need to make Justis as big a star as Gallen is in a very short space of time.

"From a marketing point of view, it makes a truckload more sense having Justis in the more prominent place on the poster."

The name of the fight has also apparently ruffled a few feathers.

"He's blowing up that we're calling it 'Termination Day,'" Lonergan told Sporting News.

"At the end of the day, we are going to terminate his boxing career.

"He is substituting his health for a huge amount of money. It's up to him."

Lonergan revealed he's close to locking in the ICC Exhibition Centre in Darling Harbour as the venue for the June 16 fight.

Last week, Gallen told Sporting News he would consider walking away from the heavyweight showdown if it was staged in Queensland.

The former New South Wales State of Origin captain didn't believe it would be a level playing field if he was forced to fight in Brisbane or Queensland.

Lonergan doesn't have the same concerns heading to Sydney, saying it's a chance to show off his heavyweight star to an even bigger audience.

"We're pretty much locked in. We're coming to Sydney," Lonergan said.

"Judges and referees won't be needed in this fight, because Gallen will be biting the canvas.

"It allows us to be in front of the biggest media gallery we can possibly have. It's the biggest market from a media perspective and we get to show off the best heavyweight boxer this country has ever had.

"It's Huni's ability and talent against Gallen's media exposure. That's reflected in the paid purses and on that basis, and as a marketing person who's been doing this for 25 years, I can put who I want at the front of the poster."
Gal's head is that fucken munted the promotional poster could've really have done any more to make it look worse anyhow.
Could've called it Terminator v Alien and had a mugshot of Nafe Cleary there instead.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Like how they were actually talking and not building it on bullshit
Yeah, they don't need to hype it up it already has a lot of interest already generated. Especially because a lot of people are riding on the Tim Tszyu train.

Unlike Mayweather vs Logan Paul, where most people have no interest in the circus act that they have to stage "brawling" to peak any interest. Everyone knows Mayweather will destroy that guy, and if it's any different, then you know how much of a farce that shit really is. Clowns the lot of them.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dean Lonergan is more unlikable that Gal, I hope Gal wins.

Can't see it though, but I've said that for a while about Gal and he keeps winning. He could sail off into the sunset fighting some league bums or SBW, but he's taking on Huni. Fair play to him.
Sorry but willing to bet $200 to the kennel website if gallen wins. The Roy Jones of Australia he’s a beast and humble as they come . Mark Wilson raises great fighters

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sorry but willing to bet $200 to the kennel website if gallen wins. The Roy Jones of Australia he’s a beast and humble as they come . Mark Wilson raises great fighters
I think k he wins too. I just can't stand Dean Lonergan. Was.an absolute Muppet.over here when promoting Parker, and he still sounds like one now.

Hes turned into your typical "Don King" type promoter. Leaching on to his next big thing.

Was Joseph Parker,.then Horn and now it's Huni. Can't stand the bloke.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think k he wins too. I just can't stand Dean Lonergan. Was.an absolute Muppet.over here when promoting Parker, and he still sounds like one now.

Hes turned into your typical "Don King" type promoter. Leaching on to his next big thing.

Was Joseph Parker,.then Horn and now it's Huni. Can't stand the bloke.
Yeah he has a creep vibe and just seems like a sleaze bag