storms

Status
Not open for further replies.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We had a three go through our house and never saw the SES. Someone actually said to me "That's ridiculous" and I said "No it's not. We have a tree in our house, meanwhile there are power lines laying in the middle of the street ready to electrocute people, there are people being washed away in floods, we are not even remotely a priority"
Someone with some brains, sorry to hear about your house bud!! No one was hurt I hope? Heard on the radio a family walking at Swansea and their dog got electrocuted from fallen power lines that were hidden!!!!!! They said lucky the dog was in front otherwise 4 or 5 of them would be dead!!!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Someone with some brains, sorry to hear about your house bud!! No one was hurt I hope? Heard on the radio a family walking at Swansea and their dog got electrocuted from fallen power lines that were hidden!!!!!! They said lucky the dog was in front otherwise 4 or 5 of them would be dead!!!
All good on our end. We've lost the use of two rooms and the house smells like a footballers undies but at least everyone is ok and we have power.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thank the Arch Angels the SES came today and fixed the roof leaks, nothing worse than water pissing through the ceiling and totaling the kitchen.
Full points to these guys who give up their free time for hurricane flood victims in the Hunter, this place was nearly flattened.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Dunno if this has been posted but NRL has given every SES worker tickets to SOO1...about time the NRL has done something well

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who were the thieves who stole chainsaws and equipment from SES vehicles in Newcastle yesterday?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Who were the thieves who stole chainsaws and equipment from SES vehicles in Newcastle yesterday?
Out and out grubs. What is wrong with people these days? The SES guys go out on a limb to help people and someone robs them blind just to make a few bucks. Now they have to get new equipment and their efforts are hampered and those in need of help, who have not done anything wrong have to wait longer.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah. When the tree came down it took out the power lines to the house behind us but missed our power lines.

I feel sorry for them. Young family with 3 kids and they run a music school out of their house. The tree cut off their power, phone lines, foxtel lines and blocked the only way in and out of their property. We had to set up a ladder so they could climb over our fence to get in and out of their house but they still have no electricity and had to cancel all lessons which is costing them a lot of money.
After what has happened to you mate and you take the time to think of others. Champion.Restores my faith in human nature. You obviously think like I do, that no matter how bad things get there is always someone worse off.

Saw some woman on TV whinging deluxe about having to wait for assistance. Gee the SES guys are being run off their feet and there is after all a thing called prioritising, certain situations are more pressing than others after all, need to make sure that the area they are working in is safe, no power lines down, no debris that is immediately dangerous etc. Hope everything gets cleared up for you soon and back on track. God bless.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
After what has happened to you mate and you take the time to think of others. Champion.Restores my faith in human nature. You obviously think like I do, that no matter how bad things get there is always someone worse off.

Saw some woman on TV whinging deluxe about having to wait for assistance. Gee the SES guys are being run off their feet and there is after all a thing called prioritising, certain situations are more pressing than others after all, need to make sure that the area they are working in is safe, no power lines down, no debris that is immediately dangerous etc. Hope everything gets cleared up for you soon and back on track. God bless.
Definitely. When the tree went through my house I was a little annoyed but spent the day doing a clean up and while I was at it I listened to the radio and heard them talking about people being washed away in floods and dying and just thought "compared to that this is a minor inconvenience"

After hearing the stories if I had any free time at all I'd start volunteering for the SES. They need all the help they can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.