Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
U got power ?
Yeah. When the tree came down it took out the power lines to the house behind us but missed our power lines.

I feel sorry for them. Young family with 3 kids and they run a music school out of their house. The tree cut off their power, phone lines, foxtel lines and blocked the only way in and out of their property. We had to set up a ladder so they could climb over our fence to get in and out of their house but they still have no electricity and had to cancel all lessons which is costing them a lot of money.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah. When the tree came down it took out the power lines to the house behind us but missed our power lines.

I feel sorry for them. Young family with 3 kids and they run a music school out of their house. The tree cut off their power, phone lines, foxtel lines and blocked the only way in and out of their property. We had to set up a ladder so they could climb over our fence to get in and out of their house but they still have no electricity and had to cancel all lessons which is costing them a lot of money.
Bloody hell , I slowed down a bit on work due to cleaning and being with the kids but ill only drop a day or two ill catch up over the weekend. Getting cabin fever though

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
On a side note its good to see the resident dolphin has made a return after the storms .

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
No hot water left out of gas im going to have to resort to a maccas coffee .shit just got real aghhhhh

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
No hot water left out of gas im going to have to resort to a maccas coffee .shit just got real aghhhhh
Horrible stuff.

It's fortunate that we didn't lose power. The house behind us still doesn't have power but the loungeroom is flooded and isn't being cleaned up because the roof is still a major hazard so the whole house now smells of mould.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bro fake chest pains and come to the room next to me lol
I might have to after downing 2 maccas coffee's it broke down everything in my system and sprayed out the old balloon knot at about 3500psi even worse I had to do it on the house im working at and the client had thought the sewer had backed up.
I sheepishly had to tell him that is was just me dropping a bunger.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I might have to after downing 2 maccas coffee's it broke down everything in my system and sprayed out the old balloon knot at about 3500psi even worse I had to do it on the house im working at and the client had thought the sewer had backed up.
Woah woah woahh.. clarification here..

You shat ON the house? Please tell me you mean in the toilet in the house?

Else I've got this image of your client chasing you out of the house with a broom or rolled up newspaper!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Woah woah woahh.. clarification here..

You shat ON the house? Please tell me you mean in the toilet in the house?

Else I've got this image of your client chasing you out of the house with a broom or rolled up newspaper!

Yes on the toilet in the house lol . I was not expecting anyone there today .although when i used to do insurance work in qld there was usually no toilets in the houses due to damage so we had to go in the backyard well I didn't expect the owners to come back on this 1 job for a few weeks so I went dug a little hole in what I thought was a weed bed (turns out it was a vege patch) the same day they decided the needed to come back and dig up some of their veges .the only thing they got was a pootatoe .I blamed another trade and spent the rest of the day laughing.
* I don't think they actually dug it up just seen the tell tail signs of half buried toilet paper

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yes on the toilet in the house lol . I was not expecting anyone there today .although when i used to do insurance work in qld there was usually no toilets in the houses due to damage so we had to go in the backyard well I didn't expect the owners to come back on this 1 job for a few weeks so I went dug a little hole in what I thought was a weed bed (turns out it was a vege patch) the same day they decided the needed to come back and dig up some of their veges .the only thing they got was a pootatoe .I blamed another trade and spent the rest of the day laughing.
* I don't think they actually dug it up just seen the tell tail signs of half buried toilet paper
You need to bring a dog on site ffs, the dog is great cover for these types of incidents

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Bahahahahahahaa the nurses think I'm crazy laughing so loud

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woman just shown on the news with a tree down in her front yard, complaining because she hasn't seen anyone from the SES.

Dumb cow obviously has no comprehension of 'State of Emergency'.

Dumb cow obviously doesn't realise that a tree down in a yard is way different to a tree on a house, and way different to people trapped by floods.

Dumb cow obviously doesn't realise the definition of 'volunteer'.

Dumb cow needs a smack up the head. >:(>:(>:(

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's a lot of people who expect immediate response, as frustrating as it got we were aware people are worse of and are a priority. The amount of ***** I heard in bunnings who were outraged because they have been inconvenienced was untold. Our aldi just opened up a few hrs ago with big generators out front they had no milk bread and cold stuff as expected but yet not good enough for 1 lady going off her head lol people are just *****. We just got power and im happy and grateful.

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never seen so much hail at Ashfield.

Still piled up an hour later.

Hope everyone is ok. More ominous clouds coming from the South-West.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
We saw it coming from the north west and I was doing the lawns at the time.

Ended up missing us completely.. I'm like "f**k I wanted you to water the lawn I just cut FFS".

Theres some storm activity tonight though and about an hour ago we had without a doubt the biggest thunder strike I have ever felt. The entire house shook on its foundations, and cars all around the area had their alarms going off. If anyone had a seismograph around here, I reckon it would have rated a 3.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Sounded like Fairfield hospital was going to collapse yesterday lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hey mate... found a video of you at work!

[video]http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d5c_1429719522[/video]

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Woman just shown on the news with a tree down in her front yard, complaining because she hasn't seen anyone from the SES.

Dumb cow obviously has no comprehension of 'State of Emergency'.

Dumb cow obviously doesn't realise that a tree down in a yard is way different to a tree on a house, and way different to people trapped by floods.

Dumb cow obviously doesn't realise the definition of 'volunteer'.

Dumb cow needs a smack up the head. >:(>:(>:(
We had a three go through our house and never saw the SES. Someone actually said to me "That's ridiculous" and I said "No it's not. We have a tree in our house, meanwhile there are power lines laying in the middle of the street ready to electrocute people, there are people being washed away in floods, we are not even remotely a priority"

Status
Not open for further replies.