storms

Status
Not open for further replies.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hows every one else doing in this crappy weather ? Didn't sleep last night the wind was pounding the house. Watching power lines out front snapping and sparking up (it does look pretty cool ) trees are across the road.all the yachts out front getting tossed around sails snapping none have broken their moorings yet

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuked! I hate this weather. I've got a tin roof so the noise is unbearable when I'm trying to sleep.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We got a ton a big branches down out back , one entrance to our street has a massive tree blocking it .the other end live power lines making some fire works now power is gone. Have a fantastic veiw of these boats taking a beating having bets on what mooring snaps first

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We're getting pumped here in helensburgh.
Tree fell on the neighbors patio and stairs and took it out.
My kids mini trampoline is at the other end of the porch.
The streets are covered in trees.
Wind speed is 60km/h with gusts of 120 !
It's a mini f@cking hurricane down here.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We got a ton a big branches down out back , one entrance to our street has a massive tree blocking it .the other end live power lines making some fire works now power is gone. Have a fantastic veiw of these boats taking a beating having bets on what mooring snaps first
We lost power about 7pm but it was restored by this morning.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We're getting pumped here in helensburgh.
Tree fell on the neighbors patio and stairs and took it out.
My kids mini trampoline is at the other end of the porch.
The streets are covered in trees.
Wind speed is 60km/h with gusts of 120 !
It's a mini f@cking hurricane down here.
Apparently its equivalent to a cat 2 cyclone or something. My old live about 5 mins away and they are losing a few roof tiles .can almost surf in tascott lol

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
we are feeling the winds in brisbane, so can only imagine what is like down south.

stay safe!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Weather in my part of Vegas was perfect at 6am. Unfortunately weather down south meant a cancelled flight to melbourne.

Saw the highlights of the sharks game last night. I'm amazed the 4000 that showed up did. That's a hard core group of fans.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Weather in my part of Vegas was perfect at 6am. Unfortunately weather down south meant a cancelled flight to melbourne.

Saw the highlights of the sharks game last night. I'm amazed the 4000 that showed up did. That's a hard core group of fans.
my colleague left this morning for sydney , the plane turned and came back to brisbane .

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
weve had 2 extreme weather events in qld the last 4 years, i know its a very tough time for lots of people in and around sydney, really wish everyone stays safe and doesnt go out unnecessarily, sadly last time there were 2 people killed trying to cross a flooded bridge, so please dont try crossing any flood water and dont be out in this weather if you dont have to be.

stay safe

Last edited by a moderator:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
3 boats have snapped off their moorings now getting a good work out on the rocks .1 wharf destroyed big tree came down mext door on a brand new house took out the hand rail.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
just saw some pice on tv here didnt hear what they said properly but i thought they said a van was picked up by the wind and tossed over

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Still an hr to high tide a cruiser is washing up against the main road causing traffic havoc. Lol I have the perfect view of road rail and water this wind is a bit full on

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score

no way it was 4000, probably half of that...and that includes the players/refs/cameraman / commentators / and people in the leagues club lol

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
News thing at 12pm showed a house floating down the street. Don't know where.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hows every one else doing in this crappy weather ? Didn't sleep last night the wind was pounding the house. Watching power lines out front snapping and sparking up (it does look pretty cool ) trees are across the road.all the yachts out front getting tossed around sails snapping none have broken their moorings yet
No good mate winds at the Jetty were and still are ferocious prob worse I've seen I've lost a few trees out the back sheds been mangled fences just hanging in there.. I've had enough I'd like it to stop now

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
SOH your area is meant to cop a hammering tonight.

As for us ... bulkhead at back of house has leaked BIGTIME, and theres a waterfall cascading down one wall under the paint.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
News thing at 12pm showed a house floating down the street. Don't know where.
I saw that at the Doctors, was that here or overseas? TV didn't have the sound on.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We got no power,
Back yard now has a swimming pool, lol,
Have had no power since last night,
Spent day at shopping centre just to get a cup of coffee and get kids out of house,
All gadgets almost out of battery,
Hope the power comes back on soon candle light, and no electricity will be the death of me, kids are losing their mind,

Status
Not open for further replies.