Rumour Spencer Leniu

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuck please get it done!! All it would leave is the cheese and staggs to get !!!

Napa hoppa Lewis jmk out any of c Smith Crichton britt out

Leinu b Smith staggs and a couple minimum wagers in
I wouldn't worry to about Staggs, I would be looking to advance Schoupp into our top 30. The kid is special and will make a great Hoppa replacement at centre and a lot cheaper than Staggs.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs closing in on deal for Penrith prop Spencer Leniu
Meanwhile, the Panthers have turned their attentions to a Broncos back-rower for 2021.

BY
MITCH KEATING
-
DEPUTY EDITOR
DECEMBER 17, 2020
https://www.facebook.com/sharer.php...-in-on-deal-for-penrith-prop-nrl-leniu-86626/
https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?te...-penrith-prop-nrl-leniu-86626/&via=zerotackle
https://api.whatsapp.com/send?text=...-in-on-deal-for-penrith-prop-nrl-leniu-86626/
https://www.zerotackle.com/sydney-side-closing-in-on-deal-for-penrith-prop-nrl-leniu-86626/#

Spencer Leniu Penrith Panthers

Canterbury’s busy off-season of recruiting could continue prior to the new year, with the Bulldogs reportedly nearing a move for Penrith prop Spencer Leniu, per The Daily Telegraph.
Melbourne Storm star Josh Addo-Carr officially signed a four-year deal to move to Belmore from 2022, with Leniu the next name on Trent Barrett’s Christmas wish list.
It is believed Leniu was close to agreeing to a deal with the Bulldogs on Wednesday, with the Panther likely to remain at the mountains for the next 12 months before making the switch.

Barrett has already poached Jack Hetherington from Penrith for 2021, with Matt Burton set to follow suit in 12 months time while Canterbury continue to press for an early release for the young half.
The former Panthers assistant is understood to have a good relationship with Leniu, with the Bulldogs having already lodged an offer for the 20-year-old several weeks ago and are awaiting confirmation on a move.
Leniu would join Addo-Carr, Hetherington, Burton, former Roosters half Kyle Flanagan and Raiders star Nick Cotric as promising new signings under Trent Barrett.
The Bulldogs however will have 15 players out of contract past the 2021 season and will be looking to secure some of their current incumbents.
Meanwhile, The Daily Telegraph report that the Panthers have identified Broncos back-rower Jamil Hopoate as a potential target or the 2021 season after not being handed a contract past this year.
With the loss of Hetherington and skipper James Tamou, Hopoate would look to add depth for Ivan Cleary.
Hopoate played 12 games for the Broncos this season and has previously been listed with the Eels and Sea Eagles.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely this means the end of Napa. The only way he would be saved is if he had a great season in 2021 and Ogden and Antoni played average and were released instead. I was really impressed with Ogden this year. He runs hard and tackles hard. 2 things Napa doesn't do or hasn't been doing while with us. Like many players do in off contract years Napa might just pull the finger out next year. He needs to if he wants to earn anywhere near his current salary with us or another club in future. Even if he has a terrific season he still deserves a downgrade on 650K for being inconsistent.

Only thing with Spencer is he's not very big 183cm. I think he's around 105kgs. We lack size now but maybe with the new rules it's better suited to smaller more mobile forwards anyway. I just used to love watching the destruction of Kasiano and Pritchard.

Last edited:

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He’s the perfect replacement for Napa
Playing 1 man down is the perfect replacement for Napa :p

This is a huge acquisition if true. Let’s keep everything crossed that it’s is. Would be another player under 26 to build on moving forward. Team him up with thompson and Elliot too and having the likes of Ogden and atoni around. Need to get him first but definitely a vital piece and a huge upgrade.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Surely this means the end of Napa. The only way he would be saved is if he had a great season in 2021 and Ogden and Antoni played average and were released instead. I was really impressed with Ogden this year. He runs hard and tackles hard. 2 things Napa doesn't do or hasn't been doing while with us. Like many players do in off contract years Napa might just pull the finger out next year. He needs to if he wants to earn anywhere near his current salary with us or another club in future. Even if he has a terrific season he still deserves a downgrade on 650K for being inconsistent.

Only thing with Spencer is he's not very big 183cm. I think he's around 105kgs. We lack size now but maybe with the new rules it's better suited to smaller more mobile forwards anyway. I just used to love watching the destruction of Kasiano and Pritchard.
Even if Napa was to have a good season with us he wouldn't get anything near 650k. I think he's looking at 400k (and probably a dud signing) at best and most likely closer to minimum wage or the Super League. From how the last 2 years have gone I'm sitting at about 95% chance he's gone after next year. I think Napa's surplus to requirements like Tolman, who I actually preferred which says A LOT.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Playing 1 man down is the perfect replacement for Napa :p

This is a huge acquisition if true. Let’s keep everything crossed that it’s is. Would be another player under 26 to build on moving forward. Team him up with thompson and Elliot too and having the likes of Ogden and atoni around. Need to get him first but definitely a vital piece and a huge upgrade.
Recruiting good players in one thing- recruiting good players that are only young is even better. If we get him and a young gun hooker it will be the best recruitment drive I can remember. I think our forwards are half decent already, with Napa moved on and hopefully lenui in we look a better pack plus more suited towards the new rules with more mobile players. Exciting times

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canterbury’s busy off-season of recruiting could continue prior to the new year, with the Bulldogs reportedly nearing a move for Penrith prop Spencer Leniu, per The Daily Telegraph.

Melbourne Storm star Josh Addo-Carr officially signed a four-year deal to move to Belmore from 2022, with Leniu the next name on Trent Barrett’s Christmas wish list.
It is believed Leniu was close to agreeing to a deal with the Bulldogs on Wednesday, with the Panther likely to remain at the mountains for the next 12 months before making the switch.
Barrett has already poached Jack Hetherington from Penrith for 2021, with Matt Burton set to follow suit in 12 months time while Canterbury continue to press for an early release for the young half.
The former Panthers assistant is understood to have a good relationship with Leniu, with the Bulldogs having already lodged an offer for the 20-year-old several weeks ago and are awaiting confirmation on a move.

Leniu would join Addo-Carr, Hetherington, Burton, former Roosters half Kyle Flanagan and Raiders star Nick Cotric as promising new signings under Trent Barrett.

The Bulldogs however will have 15 players out of contract past the 2021 season and will be looking to secure some of their current incumbents.

Meanwhile, The Daily Telegraph report that the Panthers have identified Broncos back-rower Jamil Hopoate as a potential target or the 2021 season after not being handed a contract past this year.

With the loss of Hetherington and skipper James Tamou, Hopoate would look to add depth for Ivan Cleary.

Hopoate played 12 games for the Broncos this season and has previously been listed with the Eels and Sea Eagles.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I actually believe of our current props Ogden is one who needs to step up the most. His lateral movement is horribly slow which makes him a liability in defence in the line, anywhere on the field. As the game goes on he just gets worse as he tires. Every training session I have been to in the past seasons he looks to me to slack off and it seems like he's still doing it this season.

Go Dogs