Official Member Training Session Pics

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Looks to have leaned down a bit? Maybe reading everyone calling him slow in the kennel :tearsofjoy:
Apart from Napa mate they all appear in good shape. They are being drilled, Ferris was blowing the whistle, counting and consistently pushing them pretty hard yesterday so if it’s like that every day no wonder we’re seeing the boys in good nick.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went yesterday to the training session and was impressed. There seemed to be an air of confidence about the place. Hetherington seemed to be very fit leading in all the drills. Ogden seems very lazy, which is disappointing because he has ability and it is contract year. Thomson was hard to recognise as he was covered in zinc cream. Elliott went well. We have to get Burton this year, if we do we will surprise a lot of the experts. Go Doggies.
Disappointing news about Ogden....if you noticed he is lazy after one training session then clearly the coaching staff would have noticed it too
He has potential, but like a lot of our players, potential isn't good enough so it sounds like it may be his last year

Reactions: ATT

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
For those who went yesterday who was the player playing fullback on the end opposite the railway line with the beard? I couldn't work it out. Also how good were the hands on the young winger. Think it was Tyrone Harding. He looks like he can make grade.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
For those who went yesterday who was the player playing fullback on the end opposite the railway line with the beard? I couldn't work it out. Also how good were the hands on the young winger. Think it was Tyrone Harding. He looks like he can make grade.
I wasn't there but if I had to guess I'd say Tui Katoa based off previous posts on here.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Apart from Napa mate they all appear in good shape. They are being drilled, Ferris was blowing the whistle, counting and consistently pushing them pretty hard yesterday so if it’s like that every day no wonder we’re seeing the boys in good nick.
Well Baz did say one thing they won’t be is underprepared to start the season and if we can jag a few in the early part of the year you just never know where we could end up. Thanks very much for the photos mate awesome to see the boys ripping in !

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not really that surprising to hear about Ogden he has always been a lazy player on the field too.

You'd think he would rip in during a contract year.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
My observations yesterday were as follows:
- you can see why Lewis gets picked. He looks a star at training. Runs to the line, crisp passes, and makes all the right decisions. He actually looked better then Flanagan in opposing training sides and his team dominated largely due to him. What I did find interesting, and not for the first time that I have witnessed, is that he doesn't fit in with the team. He trains out on the wing in sprints, lurks behind when they break for drinks, and is never in a group having a chat when they break. There is definitely a disconnect there. Not sure the reason why and would only be speculating.
- all new boys looked much fitter than existing players with the exception of JMK and Chris Smith.
- Hoppa, DWZ, Napa, and Elliot are vital to the squad. They are the true leaders out there and the younger boys follow them around like school kids. IMO moving these guys along at this stage with no other experience would be damaging to the team. How you fit them into the side and have them all playing their best footy is up to the coach
- on the coaching, what i saw was pure class. Each coach was working in unison and the boys were fully engaged. I couldn't be more impressed and shudder to think what coaching looked like in the past. Heard Lewis say to one of the fans that it is far superior to before and he hopes it pays off. He wasn't pussy footing around.
- everyone in the place from the players and coaches to the ground staff and management all look happy and optimistic. For the first time in a long time I felt that family again. I genuinely felt welcome and appreciated. I could see in my young fellas eyes he felt it for the first time. Call it hope, call it blind faith, call is stupidity, or whatever else you want, but it definitely was there in the air around the ground. Felt like home. Bulldogs culture is back.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
- you can see why Lewis gets picked. He looks a star at training. Runs to the line, crisp passes, and makes all the right decisions. He actually looked better then Flanagan in opposing training sides and his team dominated largely due to him. What I did find interesting, and not for the first time that I have witnessed, is that he doesn't fit in with the team. He trains out on the wing in sprints, lurks behind when they break for drinks, and is never in a group having a chat when they break. There is definitely a disconnect there. Not sure the reason why and would only be speculating.
- all new boys looked much fitter than existing players with the exception of JMK and Chris Smith.
- Hoppa, DWZ, Napa, and Elliot are vital to the squad. They are the true leaders out there and the younger boys follow them around like school kids. IMO moving these guys along at this stage with no other experience would be damaging to the team. How you fit them into the side and have them all playing their best footy is up to the coach
- on the coaching, what i saw was pure class. Each coach was working in unison and the boys were fully engaged. I couldn't be more impressed and shudder to think what coaching looked like in the past. Heard Lewis say to one of the fans that it is far superior to before and he hopes it pays off. He wasn't pussy footing around.
- everyone in the place from the players and coaches to the ground staff and management all look happy and optimistic. For the first time in a long time I felt that family again. I genuinely felt welcome and appreciated. I could see in my young fellas eyes he felt it for the first time. Call it hope, call it blind faith, call is stupidity, or whatever else you want, but it definitely was there in the air around the ground. Felt like home. Bulldogs culture is back.
Lewis is not well liked..been known for a while.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Well Baz did say one thing they won’t be is underprepared to start the season and if we can jag a few in the early part of the year you just never know where we could end up. Thanks very much for the photos mate awesome to see the boys ripping in !
All good mate. Yeah Baz re-iterated the ‘no excuses’ maxim when he said that unlike his previous clubs ‘everything is here’ (Belmore) and there’s no time wasting. He likely knows he needs results for himself as much as the club and that’s a great motivator.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Good observations mate.
Agree about the good feeling and spirit around the place. When I was talking to JK he even commented that some of the furniture (eg: Baa) have said it’s ‘the best it’s been in more than 10 years’ so there finally appears to be some unity in the mission.

You’re right about Lewis training on the wing and also that he was putting in 100% - contract year for him and under lots of pressure with Burton and Flanagan being first choice halves for ‘22.

Also agree that the coaching seems top notch and the boys appear to be responding.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think it was Katoa looked good there to. Again no real opposition but was on point for kicks and placement which Barrett was back there giving instructions I believe. And yes again with no real opposition Harding placed well dropped back on returns and looked good with pace and lines ran

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not really that surprising to hear about Ogden he has always been a lazy player on the field too.

You'd think he would rip in during a contract year.
Baz and his crew don’t except walking. They where constantly barking to stop walking to all was good to see. It will make or break Ogden rather go with the program or will be his last year in my opionion

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Well done DD...
Just wondering, do you do wedding photos ? :tearsofjoy:
I have many many cousins :tearsofjoy:
On a series note...Oh what a feeling and not a ball been kicked yet !!!
I offer very competitive rates mate :-).
Definitely a good feeling yesterday.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Any feedback and observations on Wakeham? Seen at dummy half or?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Baz and his crew don’t except walking. They where constantly barking to stop walking to all was good to see. It will make or break Ogden rather go with the program or will be his last year in my opionion
How was Renouf? Looks like he's slimmed down again and looks like a top athlete.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
How was Renouf? Looks like he's slimmed down again and looks like a top athlete.
Looked good. Fit. Didn’t recognise him at first as he’s lost the mane and replaced it with some purple and blue thing on his melon. Hope he aims up and has a big year next season.