Rumour Spencer Leniu

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think everyone should stay calm. I haven't seen anyone remotely reliable confirm this.
Anyone confirming JAC = somewhat reliable, but ultimately, it’s up to the player and any last minute backflip impacts the credibility from those with some intel.... Spencer would be a great pick up if we land him.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn it. Missing out Leniu is a blow as we really need a meter eater prop. That's a fucking shame as he looks the goods. I assume Penrith upped their offer and promised him a starting spot. @Malla said that he had verbally agreed to terms but Penrith have obviously convinced him to stay. In 22, we'll be a better side than Penrith so he'll regret it

I hope this mean we don't settle and re-sign Napa or worse those c***s Lodge or Klemmer. We need to go for young gun props

Apart from missing out on Staines and Leniu, we've nailed all of our other big recruitment targets so I guess we can't complain (too much) but Leniu would have been really nice.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Damn it. Missing out Leniu is a blow as we really need a meter eater prop. That's a fucking shame as he looks the goods. I assume Penrith upped their offer and promised him a starting spot. @Malla said that he had verbally agreed to terms but Penrith have obviously convinced him to stay. In 22, we'll be a better side than Penrith so he'll regret it

I hope this mean we don't settle and re-sign Napa or worse those c***s Lodge or Klemmer. We need to go for young gun props

Apart from missing out on Staines and Leniu, we've nailed all of our other big recruitment targets so I guess we can't complain (too much) but Leniu would have been really nice.
Emre Guler if Leniu is missed would be an ideal target... But yeah Leniu is special and someone we should pay extra for imo

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Some Rooster supporter on the Panthers forum thinks Leinu has turned down our offer. I hope that isn't true or we up it depending on what our current offer is. I'd be going all the way up to 600k as my final offer. I really think he's that good.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I won’t name drop. Though someone here has a good record with me saying Leinu is a no go. Hope he’s wrong hahah
What does that mean "no go"? That he turned us down or that we pulled out of the race (maybe to get Burton early)

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Said he turned us down as he was pushed for a answer by the Panthers.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

@Malla was wrong, he never agreed to terms at the dogs

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If true wouldn't you think Penrith would be cooing right now? That their CEO and dud coach would be strutting in the streets shouting it from the rooftops. I find it funny that not even the media has picked up on Leniu turning us down. Might be a case of wishful thinking, but in my minds eye no news is good news, so there is always that chance that your info Steve may be wrong.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I just checked Panthers page, they just announced Leniu signed 2 year extension till end of 2023. I screen shot but couldn’t attach. Sorry.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Someone here’s info is spot on. Much to my disappointment!!! Don’t know who we go for now

Really makes b Smith and staggs/Crichton a must and then maybe someone like guler

Last edited: