[SMH] Canterbury Bulldogs free up cash with departure of Curtis Rona and Tim Browne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If I had a dollar for everytime the media have claimed something about Bulldogs player movements, and it's been bullshit.... I'd be a millionaire.

Media write bullshit to destabilise and stir up problems within clubs, but trying to turn players against fellow players using the media.

Curtis is committed to the Dogs, and the Dogs committed to Curtis... he loves it here, and he loves the club.

Just bought his first house recently in C'Town.

and then there's this..

upload_2016-8-10_0-17-49.png

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IF he gets cleared or no charges are made, sign him up. The guy is streets ahead of the halves we have.
Think I'm inclined to agree and yes mate he sure is streets ahead.

T rex money as well
Yes thats true - thought Brownie and Rona were only on $150k Rex is 400 ish so we're half way there.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
With regards to rona,
Sucks if he leaves but, Cant make a player stay, if they don't want to.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If I had a dollar for everytime the media have claimed something about Bulldogs player movements, and it's been bullshit.... I'd be a millionaire.

Media write bullshit to destabilise and stir up problems within clubs, but trying to turn players against fellow players using the media.

Curtis is committed to the Dogs, and the Dogs committed to Curtis... he loves it here, and he loves the club.

Just bought his first house recently in C'Town.

and then there's this..

View attachment 928
I'm sure he loves the dogs, doesn't mean he's staying.
Usually where there's smoke, there's fire, and there's ALOT of smoke around this story.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'll believe it when there is confirmation from the club. So far not one word has been quoted from Rona about this or the club. When the media is concerned the where there is smoke saying is less appropriate. Where there are journalists there is likely to be bullshit is probably more appropriate.

Last edited:

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do we know that this isn't one of those bs rumours 'The Mole' just made up? If it doesn't happen then we'll all feel like fools for falling for it.

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Reynolds and Mbye can't kick and neither can tackle lol.

Basically we are fucked next year. Sit back and begin the rebuild.
That is why we're 4th isn't it Mitch... Not bad for can't kick can't tackle.. But due to your lack of vision and understanding I will tell you this there is not one judge or commentator that has ever questioned Moses defence in fact they praise him for it defensively superior to every half in the Comp and the main reason Des loves him so much... Yes Josh like most other halves in the comp isn't great defensively but has improved big time in this area. Kicking is more than solid and they play to a STRICT gameplan which currently is working. Issue for people here is they literally watch dogs games and NOTHING else Thurston and Morgan against tigers last week(a team we have been twice) were made to look piss poor at best against an up and comer in Moses and a nsw cup player in Littlejohn. Although Melbourne beat Souths Cronk was super poor and has been for the last few weeks one thing about Moses and josh I would say this year is neither have been shocking or bad in one match and neither have been outstanding they have been consistent that is what you require from halves in semi final football... We are the ONLY team outside of the raiders playing that style at the moment.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly, it was pretty obvious after we signed Brenko Lee that Rona had already verbally advised the club of his intentions to sign a contract back home in WA with a club and code he is familiar with. His family is still over there, it makes sense. These guys are human, sometimes money isn't always the motivator.

Good luck to him, he was a super find for us and I don't recall seeing a game where he played poorly.

He's still with us this year and let's hope he helps us win a flag!!

Moving forward, we need to put some faith in Brenko.

Though agree with the recruitment and retention thoughts in this thread, you shake your head sometimes..
The game against Cowboys he was appalling but wasn't alone of course...and "win a flag"...please cut that afl shit talk out...;)

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The rumours you speak of a very accurate a few dominos need to fall for this to occur most notably wether criminal charges are brought against Foran... Irrelavant of that it is clear to all that matter at the club Moses is not a 6 or 7. Due to length of his deal and the fact Lichaa's deal ends next year Moses will be the new 9 next year or the year after. Foran will be at 7 if not expect Mitch Moses or Luke Brooke's who signed 1 yr extensions at tigers to fill that void more than likely Brooks with a Josh Reynolds extension in the new year. A Reynolds Foran duo would be exceptional and with Moses at 9 means you have three genuine kickers 1 right and 2 left foot
Should I screenshot the last time you put questionable comment on my post Marley??issue is it will show your confusion and no clue YET again. I said this about Rona almost 4 months ago and every know it all said he bought houses, he was telling people at the gym etc. I wouldn't comment if I have no insight into the matter it makes you look obtuse

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
With the 'massive' amount of funds freed up for these two guys we could go and but a real rock star. Browne would not have been on massive coin and from reports neither is Rona. Just another overblown newspaper article in a slow news week.

Reactions: GDR

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How do we know that this isn't one of those bs rumours 'The Mole' just made up? If it doesn't happen then we'll all feel like fools for falling for it.
Just one of the rumours made up, lol. The guys like him in the media seem to do so with the vast majority of their so called scoops. Commonly called guilding the lily (to give a falsely attractive or valuable appearance to)

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The fact Rona hasn't put the rumours to bed even on social media concern me big time

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm not specifically a raelene fan but seriously do you expect her to reveal something on a blog before its official? Not even rona would give you that much... And to blame her or des or even rona himself is short sighted. If he wants to go home for family reasons then there's nothing we can do about it. If he doesn't want to be there but we force his hand he will become poison. If he signed previously and changes his mind then that's just life. I love rona and very sad to see him go but it is what it is.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Nicely time bogging with the hog session to avoid any tough questions regarding Rona's departure.

Reactions: GDR

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Should I screenshot the last time you put questionable comment on my post Marley??issue is it will show your confusion and no clue YET again. I said this about Rona almost 4 months ago and every know it all said he bought houses, he was telling people at the gym etc. I wouldn't comment if I have no insight into the matter it makes you look obtuse
2016-08-10-08-49-51-1933653280.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.