[SMH] Canterbury Bulldogs free up cash with departure of Curtis Rona and Tim Browne

Status
Not open for further replies.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Somebody else will step in and do a good job. Not too fussed

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If Rona goes fuck me our club is retarded...
We basically did a Penrith. Took one of our best players, moved him to a position he doesn't like and isn't good at, then released him when he failed to perform. Panthers have been doing it for years with many of their top players.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Releasing Rona just shows that we're likely to stick with the makeup we have. Rona leaves and Holland comes in to replace him. Morris stays on the wing, Hoppa stays at fullback. It's a plan to strengthen our defence without increasing our attack 'cause scoring points is bad.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We basically did a Penrith. Took one of our best players, moved him to a position he doesn't like and isn't good at, then released him when he failed to perform. Panthers have been doing it for years with many of their top players.
Rona has been solid in the centres though?

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When did Rona or the club actually announce that he was leaving?

This wouldn't happen to be payback by some journalist who don't appreciate having their lack of talent called out on social media by some Bulldog fan?

Don't believe sh!t until it becomes official. The Telegraph makes a good profit rehashing bullcrap stories with no leg to stand on.

Wehere is their source? Confirmation? Read the article it may as well be in the 'Guess Who, Don't Sue' gossip column on Sundays. No FACTS in it at all.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we have Rona covered in a different way. Abbey is our long term Fullback . Needs another off season to build up strength etc. when that happens Hoppa, will move to centre.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Spoke to Curtis old man today and these were his words........3 year contract with Force pending, once wannabe (wallaby) coach got wind the ARU bumped up the contract and the rest is history. He loved his time at the dogs but the money, opportunity and chance to be surrounded by his family and his mrs family was too good to refuse especially with a young family of his own.
If your mail is right then so be it but Rona's side of the family live in Nth Qld. They moved there when he played for Nth Qld and remained there. No idea about his wifes side.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I hanging out with rona now and his laughing at all the posts .

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Rona has been solid in the centres though?
His defense has been lacking and he seems to be non-existent during the game. Definitely a lot better on the wing.

Wyzguy

Bulldog Tragic
Reaction score
Unless it's on Bulldogs site, it is not s done deal

Nakidog

Waterboy
Reaction score
If your mail is right then so be it but Rona's side of the family live in Nth Qld. They moved there when he played for Nth Qld and remained there. No idea about his wifes side.
His old man has always lived here in NZ. Yep his mum moved to North Queensland along with his sibling/s. Here in NZ whanau/family are more than just your immediate family. As you will see from my reply above I'm just passing on what his old man told me yesterday.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His old man has always lived here in NZ. Yep his mum moved to North Queensland along with his sibling/s. Here in NZ whanau/family are more than just your immediate family. As you will see from my reply above I'm just passing on what his old man told me yesterday.
Thanks for sharing that news man. It sucks to know that Rona is leaving!

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Typical bulldogs really, everyone that comes to us is home sick, love sick or fully sick.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His defense has been lacking and he seems to be non-existent during the game. Definitely a lot better on the wing.
Can't say i agree. He has definitely been a bit more quiet on the right side but his few games at left centre demonstrated that should be his permanent position imo. They guy is wated on the wing. The more he touches the ball the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.