[SMH] Canterbury Bulldogs free up cash with departure of Curtis Rona and Tim Browne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can't say i agree. He has definitely been a bit more quiet on the right side but his few games at left centre demonstrated that should be his permanent position imo. They guy is wated on the wing. The more he touches the ball the better.
Maybe if he gets more training in the centres. He definitely has the build for it but we're missing his height on the wing and he was a try scoring machine on the wing.

The other issue being that we're going to be down 1-2 wingers next year but we have plenty of centres, and I think Holland has proven himself as a strong centre. If Rona does stay I'd prefer him move to the wing with Holland coming in at centre.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We are also close to Signing Damien Cook again, and Raylene has confirmed we have signed Woolford. Its pretty clear that Lichaa will be gone but i dont think Mbye will be hooker. I think Foran and Mbye will be our halves and Reynolds will be let go. Hasler has a clear Squad recycling poilcy which prevents a massive rebuild. The only players that will remain in the team that Des inherited in 2012 will be Jackson, Graham, Eastwood, Kas, Jmoz and Tolman - Pretty much our best players in the past 4 years

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We are also close to Signing Damien Cook again, and Raylene has confirmed we have signed Woolford. Its pretty clear that Lichaa will be gone but i dont think Mbye will be hooker. I think Foran and Mbye will be our halves and Reynolds will be let go. Hasler has a clear Squad recycling poilcy which prevents a massive rebuild. The only players that will remain in the team that Des inherited in 2012 will be Jackson, Graham, Eastwood, Kas, Jmoz and Tolman - Pretty much our best players in the past 4 years
There is no way we will sign cook , lichaa wont leave and even if he did cook is no better than garvey and woolford would not come here to be third choice hooker , des must of given woolford some word that he will be pushing first grade

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
His old man has always lived here in NZ. Yep his mum moved to North Queensland along with his sibling/s. Here in NZ whanau/family are more than just your immediate family. As you will see from my reply above I'm just passing on what his old man told me yesterday.
I've removed your reply with the screenshot, because posting a private conversation like that on here, is bound to end up on social media, and that could be a bad thing.

That said... it pisses me off that our CEO can't be honest with the fans as surely she would know that already. Also makes the man of the moment a liar for lieing straight to fans faces about the issue.

Seems every.single.damn.time something good starts happening in the club, it all falls to shit. Just for once I'd like to be able to have a stable, solid, reliable, NON HOMESICK side for a few years!!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've removed your reply with the screenshot, because posting a private conversation like that on here, is bound to end up on social media, and that could be a bad thing.

That said... it pisses me off that our CEO can't be honest with the fans as surely she would know that already. Also makes the man of the moment a liar for lieing straight to fans faces about the issue.

Seems every.single.damn.time something good starts happening in the club, it all falls to shit. Just for once I'd like to be able to have a stable, solid, reliable, NON HOMESICK side for a few years!!
Well local juniors or atleast guys recruited to develope in lower grades don't get home sick but the club couldn't give two shits about junior development.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rona should be playing left centre and Jmoz on the right side.

The games Rona played at left centre this year with Bmoz on the wing was absolutely beast mode and mouth watering shit.

Everytime in attack Rona would poke his nose through and the left hand offload inside and out would always hit the spot

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rona is a left sided player
Carries ball with left and fends with right
He can't do that on the right centre pos

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
if he is offered better money and wants to go, why keep him? Why keep a bloke who's heart isn't in it for one more year?
I doubt very much that Tim Browne and Rona would free up all that much extra cash TBH

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Probably would of stayed if he was eligible for origin, didn't seem very enthusiastic about playing for the kiwis in the future.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Probably would of stayed if he was eligible for origin, didn't seem very enthusiastic about playing for the kiwis in the future.
I agree, seemed he was keen to try to push for a spot in origin but when they said no, he was dissapointed! Good luck to the guy

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree, seemed he was keen to try to push for a spot in origin but when they said no, he was dissapointed! Good luck to the guy
Bit like Radradra, he was pissed he couldn't play either and shortly after the rugby talks came out.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There is no way we will sign cook , lichaa wont leave and even if he did cook is no better than garvey and woolford would not come here to be third choice hooker , des must of given woolford some word that he will be pushing first grade
Ive heard from someone close to Coo (LOL) that he is talking with Dogs. No gurantees of a starting spot but he is talking with Dogs again.

Status
Not open for further replies.