Round 4 Bulldogs V Souths - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we attack down gagai/Mansour side there has to be some points on offer. Hopefully Meaney being at the back is a bit safer as well. Errors have been the number 1 thing killing us lately whether dropped ball or 6 to go’s. stop that and it goes a long way
If we attack....

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gagai plays left centre and Mansour plays right wing. So which side did you want to attack [emoji13]
Haha my mistake I thought they were on the same side, that just means we have more options now!

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I ran into a bloke at the pub last night. He said that his cousin knew the next door neighbour of Adam Reynolds gardener.

Apparently while mowing his lawns he said he noticed a bloke walking his dog, a Bulldog... That’s a dead set “omen” so I am putting hungey on our boys tonight, they are SPECIALS!!

Remember you heard it here first. You are welcome.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Baz has been increasing his minutes while reducing Hetherington and Ogden's...could be something, could be nothing. I don't think he has been as bad as some people have made out tbh.
Renouf and Ogden have been disappointing this season. They haven't been horrible, but they've been average so far.

I rated both as breakout candidates but neither has taken their opportunity. I really hope Renouf does as he has so much talent and potential and we need some of these guys to lift more than ever.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Renouf and Ogden have been disappointing this season. They haven't been horrible, but they've been average so far.

I rated both as breakout candidates but neither has taken their opportunity. I really hope Renouf does as he has so much talent and potential and we need some of these guys to lift more than ever.
Agree totally
I was really expecting a lot from those 2 this season especially under a new coaching team.
They have the physical attributes but seem to be running at about 75%
We need these guys to rip in.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Baz has been increasing his minutes while reducing Hetherington and Ogden's...could be something, could be nothing. I don't think he has been as bad as some people have made out tbh.
Anyone with half a brain can see Renouf is our most dynamic forward.. besides he is willing and waiting to receive the ball a lot of the time, but often over looked by the ball player.. he can't make metres if he doesn't get the ball.. also lack of possession (40%) will impact all forwards yardage stats..

In terms of defense, his work rate is quick high in relation of tackles per minute.

Me personally, he's trimmed down so much that I'd love to see him use his foot work, speed and power on the edge..

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score

other than the odd glimpse here and there ive seen nothing from them to suggest they are anything other than park footballers

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
other than the odd glimpse here and there ive seen nothing from them to suggest they are anything other than park footballers
Their careers will be headed that way if they don't lift their form this season. They've both had ample opportunities over the years and this year is make or break for them. If a contract year and this opportunity isn't enough to motivate them, then nothing will be..

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whoever is going cheer em on big time. They need confidence.
Hopefully we are in it [emoji51]
We are only 3 games into the season so plenty of time for improvements and structures to take shape
Our forward pack needs to stand up today & make some decent yards coming off our try line
Hanging out for Thompson return next week

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are only 3 games into the season so plenty of time for improvements and structures to take shape
Our forward pack needs to stand up today & make some decent yards coming off our try line
Hanging out for Thompson return next week

Okonbur has been a big out. In his games last year he had good carries and got us on the front foot early which helped our forwards.

He also was a kick target. In that game v south’s last year he had a hand in 3 tries.

Him and Thompson will make a huge difference. Thompson next week and hopefully Okonbur mid year.

If you get Okonbur and Cotric taking early hit ups and then Thompson off the back of that we are a totally different side. At the moment we are not getting much from the back 3 and then our forwards face a set line without any dents put in it