Round 4 Bulldogs V Souths - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would give strong consideration to making them triples. Very, very strong consideration
Very good advice for all Bulldogs fans in the current situation, I do it after every game myself, once 2 of us put away a full bottle in an hour.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A million plus for two players in spine positions really isn’t much. Most other teams would have $3m plus in their spine. Not saying they are worth that right now, but who could you pick from this current squad and truly say are earning their money? None. So I’m happy with having two spine positions on approx $800k. I feel they will come good soon, and start to provide value for money
There's a few I'd say that are earning their money. You pay for a Z grade spine you get nowhere. Burton is a start, lets get 3 more good players- a 5/8, hooker and FB. I'd be raiding Penrith, they have a million options at FB.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate South's but they have mastered the quickened game, they create space and overlaps with quick passing and players in motion. When the passes stick, as they did against the roosters last year they are hard to stop even with good defence.
Now if only we had Cook sometime....

Wait hang on....

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with having a crack and tweaking a few things every week, like a motorcycle, eventually you get it perfect.

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not sure why, but I get a really good feeling about Topine and I think he'll actually be one of the shining lights of this team in 2021. Just have a feeling the kid will lift a few gears now that he's getting a sniff of first grade.

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's funny, Flanagan has a shocker yet Jake gets dropped. No surprise to see Hetherington, Waddell and Flanagan manage to cling to their spots...**** is playing favourites like he did at Manly and it didn't end well there.
Are you serious right now. Averilo is no way or shape a 5/8 the moment. Needs to be easied into first grade.

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think Flanagan and Lewis will be a good combination because Lewis will reduce the pressure on Flanagan's game allowing him to hopefully play better. Lewis has lot more experience than Averilo and can defend well.

It's up to him to now take his game to the next level because this is probably the last opportunity he will have to become an NRL player.

Good luck boys!

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Souths players given dispensation to attend the Tsyzu fight all other clubs told not to attend. Never any doubt about the "special" relationship between the Bunnies and the league.
Not much social distancing based on the of mitchell n walker photo!

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I know biased..crusaders fan..but if our club wants to learn how to be successful
Tour this franchise
After all both are canterbury

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Last Time We Met: 2020 Round 19 v Rabbitohs

We won but take a closer look..all the players that scored for us or set up the tries are either not playing tomorrow through injury, not selected, or were released by our club.

C.Smith
R.Smith
T.Lafai,
J.Averillo
RFM
J.Okunbor

Very Interesting!

Also in hindsight, if we knew we were going to be that crap this year we might as well have kept Lafai for one year.
Only because I'd rather have Lafai defending in the centres than Hoppa and for nothing else really.
Plus we don't have a single out and out centre in our entire squad.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Meaney to fullback and Lewis to 5/8 are both good moves from the coach.

This lot can’t win this one but hopefully they can at least show a bit of ticker and keep the the scoreline respectable.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we attack down gagai/Mansour side there has to be some points on offer. Hopefully Meaney being at the back is a bit safer as well. Errors have been the number 1 thing killing us lately whether dropped ball or 6 to go’s. stop that and it goes a long way

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fk I hope T Katoa doesn’t fluff his lines tomorrow

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
All the talk on Lewis and Topine debut

I’m quietly interested to see how Atoni goes at 13

Cmon uce time to stand up and fkn deliver
Baz has been increasing his minutes while reducing Hetherington and Ogden's...could be something, could be nothing. I don't think he has been as bad as some people have made out tbh.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we attack down gagai/Mansour side there has to be some points on offer. Hopefully Meaney being at the back is a bit safer as well. Errors have been the number 1 thing killing us lately whether dropped ball or 6 to go’s. stop that and it goes a long way
Gagai plays left centre and Mansour plays right wing. So which side did you want to attack [emoji13]