Round 4 Bulldogs V Souths - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Round 4 Team News: Lewis to partner Flanagan in Good Friday clash

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have named Lachlan Lewis to start in the halves for Good Friday's clash with South Sydney at Stadium Australia (4:00PM AEDT).
Lewis has been rewarded after a strong performance in last week's Mounties victory over Canberra.
With the Bulldogs having eight players out through suspension or injury, the team has been selected from a group of 21 available players.

Suspensions to Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Luke Thompson and Josh Jackson, in addition to injuries to Ray Faitala-Mariner (12-16 weeks), Jeremy Marshall-King (6-8 weeks), Jayden Okunbor (16 weeks), Christian Crichton (season ending), Ava Seumanufagai (3 weeks) and Jake Averillo (ankle) have created selection headaches for Trent Barrett, although Averillo has been named in the extended squad.

The team changes from last week's match against Brisbane have seen :
- Lewis come into the halves for Averillo for his first NRL match of the season
- Nick Meaney swap places with Corey Allan to start at full back with Allan on the wing
- Sione Katoa come into the starting side as hooker for the injured Marshall-King
- Renouf Atoni move from the bench to replace the suspended Josh Jackson
- Development squad utility Jackson Topine and Dean Britt both named on an extended bench with a final decision on the starting 17 to be made on Thursday.

No.PlayerSponsor
1Nick MeaneyHy-Tec
2Corey AllanGuardian Venue Management
3Will HopoateCincotta Chemist Campsie
4Nick CotricAustralasian Industrial Wrappings & Coatings
5Tui KatoaSouthern Cross Charcoal
6Lachlan LewisPenny's Crispy Pork Crackling
7Kyle FlanaganSydney Freezers
8Dylan NapaIntello IT
9Sione KatoaJay Productions & Events
10Jack HetheringtonMMX Projects
11Adam ElliottTLH Recruitment
12Corey WaddellDental on Evaline
13Renouf AtoniDaily Press
Interchange Recovery Partners
14Jackson TopineKhalil Family Lawyers
15Dean BrittUrbanista Café & Convenience
16Joe StimsonYour Property People
17Ofahiki OgdenMcDonalds Punchbowl/Lakemba
Reserves
19Jake Averillo
20Chris Smith
21Brandon Wakeham
22Matthew Doorey

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good lord i've seen some weak bulldogs teams over the years, but this ranks somewhere... in the middle.

Seriously though wtf is going on, that team is gonna get the same thing I am this Friday: hammered

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know the cupboard is bare but i dont see any go forward in the pack at all. Like Meaney at the back, would rather Hoppa out but there is no one i guess

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can you have one sponsor for two players?

I'm sure i saw Penny's crispy pork crackling was the sponsor for Jake Averillo and she's also sponsoring Lewis?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

I'm sure i saw Penny's crispy pork crackling was the sponsor for Jake Averillo and she's also sponsoring Lewis?
They aren't a personal sponsor they just sponsor the five eighth every week no matter who it is.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think they sponsor the number, not the player.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It's funny, Flanagan has a shocker yet Jake gets dropped. No surprise to see Hetherington, Waddell and Flanagan manage to cling to their spots...**** is playing favourites like he did at Manly and it didn't end well there.

Reactions: GDR