News Roosters baulk at Tedesco request amid Suaalii contract showdown

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't say he wasn't talented but he's not worth half of the figures being thrown about for him and he's massively overhyped. He's not a game breaker like Manu or Latrell etc. He's a pretty one dimensional player right now.
I know your basketball knowledge is piss poor but didn’t realise you also knew nothing about footy? Pull your head in Ben. You’re still only in your mid 40s surely alzheimers hasn’t kicked in this badly yet.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I know your basketball knowledge is piss poor but didn’t realise you also knew nothing about footy? Pull your head in Ben. You’re still only in your mid 40s surely alzheimers hasn’t kicked in this badly yet.
Jesus Christ give it is a rest man. Fucking hell. You only make yourself look worse with stupid comments like this.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My grandfather died after years of issues with dementia and our club legend Turvey is struggling with this, so it's not something to joke about. Clearly, you need to pull your head in..

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My grandfather died after years of issues with dementia and our club legend Turvey is struggling with this, so it's not something to joke about. Clearly, you need to pull your head in..
I'm supposed to feel sorry for you now?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm supposed to feel sorry for you now?
You're the one people should feel sorry for. Seek help. It's a forum and you want to troll anyone who disagrees with you on one thing. Grow up.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're the one people should feel sorry for. Seek help. It's a forum and you want to troll anyone who disagrees with you on one thing. Grow up.
Exactly. It's a forum. Don't take anything here too seriously lol and please don't take this the wrong way but people you don't know won't care bout your pop.

As long as you respond I am going to keep trolling you Benjamin. So either ignore me or get used to it chump.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly. It's a forum. Don't take anything here too seriously lol and please don't take this the wrong way but people you don't know won't care bout your pop.

As long as you respond I am going to keep trolling you Benjamin. So either ignore me or get used to it chump.
Champ*

Chump sounds better though :tearsofjoy:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

What a loser. I've never blocked anyone on here because 99% of people aren't complete fuckwits like you but you're the first.. Enjoy your trolling

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
‘Hasn’t gone down well’: Roosters baulk at Tedesco request amid Suaalii contract showdown

Staff Writers from Fox Sports
March 8th, 2023 3:47 pm
The Roosters face an awkward dilemma with James Tedesco and Joseph Suaalii coming off-contract at the same time, with the club reportedly unhappy with their skipper’s extension requests.

Suaalii recently committed to the Roosters for 2024, with Tedesco also coming off-contract at the end of next season.
The Sydney Morning Herald’s Andrew Webster told SEN radio that the Roosters are unhappy with Tedesco’s management for hounding them for an extension for 2025.

“They’ve got a really interesting situation off the field with Tedesco and Suaalii,” Webster said on SEN 1170 Mornings.

“Joseph Suaalii has triggered his option for 2024 but that means both him and James Tedesco will be coming off contract at the same time.

“James Tedesco’s management have been pushing the Roosters for the last few months to get an extra year on his contract, that hasn’t gone down particularly well with Roosters management.

“Particularly Nick Politis who doesn’t like getting bullied into triggering contracts, particularly when the player is very well paid.”

James Tedesco wants an extension for 2025.

James Tedesco wants an extension for 2025.Source: Getty Images

Tedesco is on $1.1 million a season, while Suaalii will reportedly earn $700,000 in 2024, but he could command a deal of around $1 million annually for 2025 and beyond.

Webster believes the Roosters could be forced to choose between Tedesco, who turns 32 in 2025 and the younger Suaalii, who will be just 21 that same year with the bulk of his career still ahead of him.

Joseph Suaalii comes off-contract at the same time as Tedesco.

Joseph Suaalii comes off-contract at the same time as Tedesco.

“The salary cap makes clubs work in advance about what their future is going to look like, but this is a very tricky one,” Webster said.

“They’ve got arguably the best fullback in the game, in James Tedesco and arguably the best future fullback in the game in Joseph Suaalii.

“If they get forced to choose in the next year it’s going to be a very tricky one for the club to handle.”

Guaranteed Tedesco will finish with the rosters, he'll retire once his contract is up and stay on with the rorters delivering brown paper bags to the players Politis wants.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Suaali already activated his clause for 2024 so he can't sign until Nov 2023 with union for the 2025 season
Don’t know if that rule applies to other codes, only NRL contracts…

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’m sure the roosters can fit them both under their salary cap, I
Yeah man not the point. It's the attitude either him or his manager has. If he's not patient to pay the dues like most other blokes and thinks if I dont get this I walk.....see ya.

Done that many times at dealers buying a 2nd hand bike. You guys need my business I can go another week or month without a bike.......just kinda comparing.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Suaalii is the most overrated player in the comp. I don't get why so many slurp over him..
100% agree..over and above this fact I also dont like the fkr lol.

As for Teddy and someone mentioning we will have him, yes but only if he rocks up next month.As much as i rate the bloke 2025 is a long way away and he will be 32 I think.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah man not the point. It's the attitude either him or his manager has. If he's not patient to pay the dues like most other blokes and thinks if I dont get this I walk.....see ya.

Done that many times at dealers buying a 2nd hand bike. You guys need my business I can go another week or month without a bike.......just kinda comparing.
It looks that way, his manager did say he is a better fullback than Teddy, which was very disrespectful, his player has not achieved an iota of what Teddy has achieved.

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It looks that way, his manager did say he is a better fullback than Teddy, which was very disrespectful, his player has not achieved an iota of what Teddy has achieved.
Bro you said that better than what I was trying to say and with less words. You nailed it man.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Next minute he links back up with Bitchell at the tigpies