News Roosters baulk at Tedesco request amid Suaalii contract showdown

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
ARTHUR AND BROWN’S BRUTAL CHAT

You’ve got to admire the direct approach of Parramatta coach Brad Arthur and the now departed Eels backrower Nathan Brown.

When Arthur called Brown in for a meeting about how the pair were going to approach this season last month, the pair kept it very short and to the point.

The Eels coach told Brown he wanted to discuss his future at the club for the remainder of the year.

Brown said words to the effect of “Don’t worry about it, I’m not going to be here”.

The ex-NSW Origin forward has since signed with the Sydney Roosters for the remainder of the season for $150,000.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rorters TPA’s / Uncle Nicks slush fund -
First sign on - Ten Percent Again.

Player extension - Twenty Percent Again.

Marquee Player Extension - Thirty Percent Again.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
ARTHUR AND BROWN’S BRUTAL CHAT

You’ve got to admire the direct approach of Parramatta coach Brad Arthur and the now departed Eels backrower Nathan Brown.

When Arthur called Brown in for a meeting about how the pair were going to approach this season last month, the pair kept it very short and to the point.

The Eels coach told Brown he wanted to discuss his future at the club for the remainder of the year.

Brown said words to the effect of “Don’t worry about it, I’m not going to be here”.

The ex-NSW Origin forward has since signed with the Sydney Roosters for the remainder of the season for $150,000.

I would have also said pissoff fuckknuckle.

He isn't that big anyway has a crack I suppose but I also don't think we need him really.
Do agree on the Hoffman top 30 thing that is fairly odd.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For
I would have also said pissoff fuckknuckle.

He isn't that big anyway has a crack I suppose but I also don't think we need him really.
Do agree on the Hoffman top 30 thing that is fairly odd.
$180k awesome bench / depth singing at the least?

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Love my Chooks but the coach up have got me stuffed.

Honestly be happy to have a draft so talent gets evenly shared. Every derro that wanders past Chooks HQ we grab. Even Lodge....but he's worked out but Brown WTF and even Smith we bloody had Verrills and Hutch (no glamour boy but a 100%er every game).

Cant say this to Chooks fans.....trust me 90% just dont get it.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I seriously dont get the hype behind Suaalli. What the fuck has he done? Scored a few tries? Hes barely done anything that shows this stupidly obsessive media jizz fest.

Is it only cause hes a big fast body?

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I seriously dont get the hype behind Suaalli. What the fuck has he done? Scored a few tries? Hes barely done anything that shows this stupidly obsessive media jizz fest.

A big fast body is usually all it takes to be a freak in the sport . Plus he has decent skill. He can play

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don’t get it either. What has he done to justify $700k next year and be one of the highest paid players in the comp?
Wasn’t he in high school 2 years ago?

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t get it either. What has he done to justify $700k next year and be one of the highest paid players in the comp?
Wasn’t he in high school 2 years ago?
Could say the same about Crichton.
Suallli is a mercenary like SBW screwed souths and these annual option clauses in his contract are all about him, not the club.
Karma to bite the rorters if he jumps to yawnion.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could say the same about Crichton.
Suallli is a mercenary like SBW screwed souths and these annual option clauses in his contract are all about him, not the club.
Karma to bite the rorters if he jumps to yawnion.
I struggle to see how you think Crichton & Sualii are similar at all in this situation

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
As soon as Tedsco signed the contracted extension Suaali'i was always going to head to Union. The only question was how long until he goes.

Always a Bulldog

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he is going to union hopefully Freddy won’t give him a run in origin

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Don't know why he needs to wait, go now sunbeam.

See ta when to come back to a proper game.

If I was Robbo I'd dump him and start blooding younger blokes. Sends a message that 1 bloke isn't bigger than the side or the game.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
2025? Only Rugby would be so desperate to sign him that far out.. If they had any balls or negotiating skills they'd get him for 2024.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
$1.5m a season deal .. No way in the world anyone says “no thanks” to that. Obviously, he says yes to a life-changing deal like that. There’s not one athlete in the NRL who would stay loyal if rugby aus came knocking on the door with that kind of money.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
$1.5m a season deal .. No way in the world anyone says “no thanks” to that. Obviously, he says yes to a life-changing deal like that. There’s not one athlete in the NRL who would stay loyal if rugby aus came knocking on the door with that kind of money.
If they had a 5 year deal worth say $5m they would no, the Union deal is for 1 year only. Suaali'i's problem is he only signs 1 year deals.

Always a Bulldog