Official Reynolds Announces Retirement

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Congrats on a wonderful career Josh. Lets never forget him and Hokko stood between an 8 year Qld Origin run and a 12 year run. That SOO series his finest ever moment.
Your passion for the Club gave us all goosebumps Josh and I for 1 was proud you secured a top 30 spot this year.
Good luck Josh in your next career move.
Always a Bulldog.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m not trying to be disrespectful but this is the same behaviour that led to him giving penalties in kicking range with seconds to go.
I just don’t think this is a role model. Why is crying uncontrollably good?
Go take your bullshit elsewhere. Don’t need a so called Bulldogs support like yourself.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m sorry but this is pathetic and fucking embarrassing for our club.

a grown man on stage sobbing uncontrollably about his retirement despite not playing for a while.
Just goes to show the emotionally driven pea hearts we have in our books.
Proof [emoji115] that human beings have not progressed as far up the evolutionary scale as we think we have ..

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
All the best Grub! One last ride this Satdee bra ! LETS TROT

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sad that his final game has to be in NSW Cup. Maybe that's because he stayed too long in the game. Good luck to him in retirement.

I remember the Knights game, when he was chaired off the field. He made the intercept for the winning try, but immediately gave away a penalty from the following kick-off on the bell. If the Knights' kicker hadn't shanked the shot at goal, we'd be remembering Josh for another reason.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This must have been you and your mates reaction once you heard about Reynolds retiring..

View attachment 76163
Honestly it was relief like at the end of Hollywood movies where even the Uber tough General or Major cracks a smile and shakes the hands of his subordinates while they go wild. I’m glad I never have to see him in a Dogs shirt again.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sad that his final game has to be in NSW Cup. Maybe that's because he stayed too long in the game. Good luck to him in retirement.

I remember the Knights game, when he was chaired off the field. He made the intercept for the winning try, but immediately gave away a penalty from the following kick-off on the bell. If the Knights' kicker hadn't shanked the shot at goal, we'd be remembering Josh for another reason.
He’s probably lucky, it really could be in Jim Beam Cup.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Honestly it was relief like at the end of Hollywood movies where even the Uber tough General or Major cracks a smile and shakes the hands of his subordinates while they go wild. I’m glad I never have to see him in a Dogs shirt again.
Perhaps in a jersey but your gonna see plenty of him in dog shirts in the years ahead. He's a massive self promoter and loves engaging the media at regular intervals.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll miss Josh, was one of the nicest blokes off the field. Best of luck in your future endeavours, you are a Bulldog for Life.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
A true Bulldog, an icon just like the passing train horns behind the goal post, the old hot dog vendor at the bottom of the hill, the one-arm peanut seller, hundreds of kids jumping the fence at full time... thanks for the memories

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Because it is true.
We omitted Branson Clarke, BBO and Davey and acquired S**ton and EQW

This is factual. You do the maths
Clarke was shit, BBO had been out for 8 months and Davey was agitating behind the scenes to get out.

There you go. Maths done.

Answer = You are a F@#King TROLL pretending to be a big boy.

Back under your bridge now

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
Because it is true.
We omitted Branson Clarke, BBO and Davey and acquired S**ton and EQW

This is factual. You do the maths
Not factual actually.
Brandon Clarke wasn’t officially omitted, despite being sent back to Queensland. He still has a Top 30 contract till the end of the year, as per the NRL. This makes us currently on 30 players.

Without Josh Reynolds dropping down to a NSW cup contract, Toby Sexton couldn’t have been added.

dogon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not factual actually.
Brandon Clarke wasn’t officially omitted, despite being sent back to Queensland. He still has a Top 30 contract till the end of the year, as per the NRL. This makes us currently on 30 players.

Without Josh Reynolds dropping down to a NSW cup contract, Toby Sexton couldn’t have been added.
Agree, it is a very unusual situation as Gus tweeted Davey & Clarke both released back in May & Clarke is now playing for Capras in Qld but is still officially a member of Dogs top30 roster. When BBO dropped out of Dogs top30 he was replaced by Reece Hoffman.

chihuahua dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’m sorry but this is pathetic and fucking embarrassing for our club.

a grown man on stage sobbing uncontrollably about his retirement despite not playing for a while.
Just goes to show the emotionally driven pea hearts we have in our books.
You are a disgrace. Remember these comments when you retire and no one gives a shit.