Opinion Renters...

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How am I a victim if I don't have a mortgage? I care about others mate.
No, I am saying that blaming external factors is victims mentality. Just because a serviceability calculator told you that you could afford a mil+ mortgage 2 years ago, doesn’t mean you jump into it. And if you do, you should understand the risks involved and how quickly things can change. Case in point. On the plus side, the median price for houses has stabilised, and in some area increases, so those struggling can still get out of what they’re in and find something more affordable.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any mortgage brokers on the kennel wanna help some renters out? Show them the way to the promised land?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, I am saying that blaming external factors is victims mentality. Just because a serviceability calculator told you that you could afford a mil+ mortgage 2 years ago, doesn’t mean you jump into it. And if you do, you should understand the risks involved and how quickly things can change. Case in point. On the plus side, the median price for houses has stabilised, and in some area increases, so those struggling can still get out of what they’re in and find something more affordable.
good idea but people are pretty stubborn.. Im not moving to mtDruitt they say..

But I still put a home owner from Mt Druitt ahead of a renter in from Coogee.

A renter from coogee is probably worse than a renter from Mt Druitt too... The coogee renter is just throwing more money down the toilet.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
This why I put all my money in Dogecoin

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
interest rates going up clearly isnt working when all the other rich ***** are spending recklessly and its the poorer normal people who have to suffer
You don’t think so many low to middle income workers getting pay rises has contributed to inflation?

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
You don’t think so many low to middle income workers getting pay rises has contributed to inflation?
In 2002 as an 18 year old. I told my older work colleagues I'd be happy to give up time and a half if it would ease inflation.
I bet everyone thought I was a communist?
Now they're probably thinking damn the kid was right?

I even helped convince a Maltese guy that we were letting the government r4pe us when we worked on Saturday and Sunday.
It took 45 minutes but when he finally worked it out his productivity decreased!

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
it has but it's not the main issue
I don’t agree and think raising interest rates is the wrong approach. I’d increase the GST so it’s fair for everyone. As a mortgage holder I’m sick of paying for dole bludgers and low income earners to have the latest iPhones and TVs, smoking and drinking whilst crying poor

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t agree and think raising interest rates is the wrong approach. I’d increase the GST so it’s fair for everyone. As a mortgage holder I’m sick of paying for dole bludgers and low income earners to have the latest iPhones and TVs, smoking and drinking whilst crying poor
God damn you sound like a boomer

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
God damn you sound like a boomer
Well I’m not a boomer but know a thing a two about the economy, business & investment. Much more than our federal treasurer that’s for sure.

Are boomers always wrong though? It’s used as an insult but they’ve survived times that the young fairies these days wouldn’t stand a chance in

Last edited:

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Well I’m not a boomer but know a thing a two about the economy, business & investment. Much more than our federal treasurer that’s for sure.

Are boomers always wrong though? It’s used an insult but they’ve survived times that the young fairies these days wouldn’t stand a chance in
I wish I had the lifestyle my grandparents had.
Both sides of my family my grandfathers and grandmothers were strong.

My maternal grandfather was very strong.
About 4 years before he died I shook his hand.
I thought it was going to be a weak old man handshake?

How wrong was I?
He almost broke my hand without even trying and made me feel like an old man!

I've brought up before how my paternal grandmother was a legit strong independent woman.

She used to carry 10 bags of shopping on her own.
5 bags each hand!

The only young women I see do that shit these days is German women with Czech ancestry!

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish I had the lifestyle my grandparents had.
Both sides of my family my grandfathers and grandmothers were strong.

My maternal grandfather was very strong.
About 4 years before he died I shook his hand.
I thought it was going to be a weak old man handshake?

How wrong was I?
He almost broke my hand without even trying and made me feel like an old man!

I've brought up before how my paternal grandmother was a legit strong independent woman.

She used to carry 10 bags of shopping on her own.
5 bags each hand!

The only young women I see do that shit these days is German women with Czech ancestry!
People are not wired up right these days. All the bums that want to work from home, or campaign for a 4 day work week then they say I also want a big wage increase for my lack of productivity . So Interest rates go up to stop inflation caused by big pay increases for low productivity and then the landlords pass on the cost to renters and the renters cry fowl. Go get a job renter bums

Do we need a thread to discuss the Aussie lazy bum?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
People are not wired up right these days. All the bums that want to work from home, or campaign for a 4 day work week then they say I also want a big wage increase for my lack of productivity . So Interest rates go up to stop inflation caused by big pay increases for low productivity and then the landlords pass on the cost to renters and the renters cry fowl. Go get a job renter bums

Do we need a thread to discuss the Aussie lazy bum?
It's funny how you talk so much about renters crying yet you have a 16 page thread where you've done nothing but cry about renters. Obsessed much?

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wait until the 2nd Sydney airport is ready. If you think rents aren’t going to get jacked up out west think again.