Opinion Renters...

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Phil Lowe only cares about protecting the interests of the wealthy.
How do you figure that mate?
Homeowners are in the minority but are the only ones that suffer when interest rates go up. That’s why these idiots giving non-mortgage holders more money is going to fuck inflation even more and increase interest rates even more

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let’s be real though, renters have 90% of the legal rights & unfortunately there are so many scum & unreliable tenants around landlords need to prepare & account for that also
And they fucking know how to play the system as well.
I stopped having issues with renters leaving properties that were not playing fair and paying rent a while ago. A thousand bucks gets them a visit from some local "characters" and solves the issues 99% of the time.

Play silly games win silly prizes renters.

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think if we go back long enough the relationship between landlord and renter started the whole stand over / strong arm tactics

renter don’t pay up or damage the place and landlord comes around to smack him around abit to pay rent and correct their unbecoming behaviour.. if they don’t pay up then we start with a hammer to the fingers and progressively gets worse from there.. dismemberment or bury them alive etc

this practise extended out to other debtor relationships.
Perfect. I like this alot.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Phil Lowe only cares about protecting the interests of the wealthy.

Flat sharing seems like a really shit situation unless you are with uni students at a younger age. I’ve seen too many horror stories on judge Judy of house mates gone wrong.
I’ll pay to live in his laundry room I’m sure he won’t mind.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I think if we go back long enough the relationship between landlord and renter started the whole stand over / strong arm tactics

renter don’t pay up or damage the place and landlord comes around to smack him around abit to pay rent and correct their unbecoming behaviour.. if they don’t pay up then we start with a hammer to the fingers and progressively gets worse from there.. dismemberment or bury them alive etc

this practise extended out to other debtor relationships.
One of my mates used to own a bit of property.
He is a biker.
One of his homes was being rented out to another mate.

I'm not going to go into too much detail.
But if you go into someone's rental property and the landlord is a reb,commo or lone wolf.

You will pay for the damage you caused or end up with broken bones!

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How do you figure that mate?
Homeowners are in the minority but are the only ones that suffer when interest rates go up. That’s why these idiots giving non-mortgage holders more money is going to fuck inflation even more and increase interest rates even more
Interest rates hurt everyone bro. Car loans, credit cards, businesses with bank overdrafts, renters, the lot bro

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Albanese & Chalmers are looking out for the battlers remember?

More pain on the way, costs will be passed on to renters.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Interest rates hurt everyone bro. Car loans, credit cards, businesses with bank overdrafts, renters, the lot bro
Maybe slightly but home owners are the ones who cop it the most and the full whack is rarely passed onto renters. Car loans are small, credit card interest shouldn’t be a huge factor but businesses cop it when these idiots put up wages too

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maybe slightly but home owners are the ones who cop it the most and the full whack is rarely passed onto renters. Car loans are small, credit card interest shouldn’t be a huge factor but businesses cop it when these idiots put up wages too
The cash rate went too low to begin with. It should of never gone that low.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It hurts the owner occupiers the most. At least with property investors you can claim the interest and maybe even negative gear it towards getting big refund from the ATO.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It hurts the owner occupiers the most. At least with property investors you can claim the interest and maybe even negative gear it towards getting big refund from the ATO.
Very true. It’s still an unfair way of controlling inflation and they should increase the GST

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They should tax people renting. They skip all the taxes, no CGT, no land tax, no stamp duty.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They should tax people renting. They skip all the taxes, no CGT, no land tax, no stamp duty.
If you tax people renting then what is the incentive for people to invest in property? That would not be good for the economy.

Anyway, I sense that RBA does not really have any other option or strategy than to continue to lift the cash rate until inflation slows. In my notes from yesterday announcements, I thought it was interesting that inflation on goods is slowing but is still very high on services. We are a very services driven society now - cleaners, consulting services, uber etc - and in the 2020's we are now purchasing goods and a service at the same time ie. purchasing online, menulog/uber eats etc. If you notice they have been really pushing people to get back into the office and reduce working from home. This is more than likely a strategy to help slow down inflation in the services sector.

I read a comment above that interest rates were way too low, i definitely agree with that. First home buyers jumped into the market too soon, I don't blame them for jumping at the opportunity, but they essentially used their full borrowing capacity and were servicing at record low rates - was never going to last. I think the housing market is going to suffer immensely over the next 2 years. We will see more and more people vacating, repossessions, which will put more stress on the rental market. Very interesting times ahead.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Albanese & Chalmers are looking out for the battlers remember?

More pain on the way, costs will be passed on to renters.
why do people still like to pretend labor is a party for the blue collar working class?

labor and liberal are both tied to the same puppet masters!

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Very true. It’s still an unfair way of controlling inflation and they should increase the GST
I agree, using just one tool to fix the problem of inflation is silly. I actually feel sorry for the everyday mum and dad who borrowed over a million dollars to buy their first home when the cash rate was 0.1% who can't afford to pay their mortgage now. It's like they were setup to fail.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, using just one tool to fix the problem of inflation is silly. I actually feel sorry for the everyday mum and dad who borrowed over a million dollars to buy their first home when the cash rate was 0.1% who can't afford to pay their mortgage now. It's like they were setup to fail.
Don't feel sorry for them. They should have known that borrowing a mill would not be good for them. Even though they may have had approval for the mil, nobody forced them to take it.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don't feel sorry for them. They should have known that borrowing a mill would not be good for them. Even though they may have had approval for the mil, nobody forced them to take it.
Rubbish, average price of a home in Sydney is over a mill. They're not buying anything lavish in today's market. They were lied to, RBA said in 2022 that interest rates weren't going up until 2024, people planned for that. RBA should of kept their mouths shut. Government played a big role in rising inflation which has led to this mess. As usual the people suffer.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rubbish, average price of a home in Sydney is over a mill. They're not buying anything lavish in today's market. They were lied to, RBA said in 2022 that interest rates weren't going up until 2024, people planned for that. RBA should of kept their mouths shut. Government played a big role in rising inflation which has led to this mess. As usual the people suffer.
Nobody is forcing them to buy a house. They made their choice. Stop being a victim lol