Opinion Renters...

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In this current market, property investors would be stupid to rent out their property, they'll get little to no money back, instead they'll be paying more on it.

I once asked a real estate agent on how are property investors making cash on property if they're not renting it out and he said that they buy property, they horde the property meaning no one gets to stay or live in it, wait for price of property to increase and then sell it after 6-12 months, make a nice $300k profit and re-invest it on another property and do the same thing.

I wish I thought of that...
Bruh what…..

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
The whole housing rental scheme is very biased towards the renter. The owner/landlord has
little say in the whole scheme of things.
Renters cannot be evicted for payment default or damage to a residence until a lot of discussion goes on. The back rent is very rarely
ever repaid, and the damage never paid for.
Before the bleeding hearts get active, take into account the amount of money the landlord has invested in these houses.
It's a lose lose situation for a lot of investors.
Laughable. Also, the free money from tax payers to landlords is heavily skewed towards renters :tearsofjoy:

What about renoviction? Evicting renters for 'own use' plump up your chicken with some tax payer funded reno's and solar and the recycle it on the market for a premium.

Fucking renters

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Laughable. Also, the free money from tax payers to landlords is heavily skewed towards renters :tearsofjoy:

What about renoviction? Evicting renters for 'own use' plump up your chicken with some tax payer funded reno's and solar and the recycle it on the market for a premium.

Fucking renters
Can you please explain to me how tax functions?

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s pretty likely so have your deposit ready
I know 4/10 auctions are failing in the south west at the moment.
What about deceased estates?
Usually the siblings are left bickering and because they all want over 100k each they get greedy.

my grandparents house sold for close to 1 million back in 2008.
Was a lot of money back then but it was split 7 ways amongst my dad,uncles and aunts.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I know 4/10 auctions are failing in the south west at the moment.
What about deceased estates?
Usually the siblings are left bickering and because they all want over 100k each they get greedy.

my grandparents house sold for close to 1 million back in 2008.
Was a lot of money back then but it was split 7 ways amongst my dad,uncles and aunts.
Deceased estates can be good because they are put on the market quickly sometimes and priced to sell

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All of this talk about how landlords are so perfect.. We moved to our new place.. They're supposed to have cleaned everything before we got here..

- The bathroom had mould and dirt all over the floors and showers even though it had been "cleaned"

- The lino kitchen floors are filthy which huge stains everywhere.. Hopefully they come out with sugar soap but they should have cleaned them

- The lock on the front door doesn't work properly

- A few PowerPoint's don't work

- There are two massive very visible wasp nests in areas that is dangerous for my daughter. I can spray them but they should have done it

- They "mowed" the lawn but it must have been done by a blind man as it was one patch mowed and 99% of it long. Then they dumped all of these branches in the front yard and didn't leave them out to be taken away when green bin collection was the night before

- The garage still has furniture there that takes up valuable space that isn't supposed to be there

- The toilets don't flush properly and the seats are old and disgusting

- When you have a shower, it leaks massively and leaves a huge puddle outside the shower as it's not sealed properly which is dangerous and a pain.

There are probably 20 other things. They do inspection reports so all of this is supposed to be taken care of before we move in..

Meanwhile we spent a whole week cleaning and tidying up the old place to make it look perfect without any issues.

Now we have to do the same thing at the new place when it should have already been done.

These new agents are useless (Raine and Horne) and the new landlord is clearly a cheap bastard that doesn't give a shit. Meanwhile we're paying $750 a week. As usual, either way we get fucked over.

I wish we had the perfect, saintly landlords that Blue Boost thinks exist..

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Deceased estates can be good because they are put on the market quickly sometimes and priced to sell
You are right about that.
It depends on the real estate agent selling the house too.

Speaking of real estate agents.
I’ve been dealing with them recently.
I notice they all bad mouth and backstab each other.
But one thing all rivals seem to have in common is they hate Ray white.

one did say in his opinion they’re flops, but they’re good if you want to rent out a house, or buy an apartment?

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Can you please explain to me how tax functions?
Explain how the economy works with a shrinking tax base when the burgeious are writing off large swathes of it on their own investments and then are ably passing the inflated (via subsidies/write offs) worth of their investments unto the costumer

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
You are right about that.
It depends on the real estate agent selling the house too.

Speaking of real estate agents.
I’ve been dealing with them recently.
I notice they all bad mouth and backstab each other.
But one thing all rivals seem to have in common is they hate Ray white.

one did say in his opinion they’re flops, but they’re good if you want to rent out a house, or buy an apartment?
The problem with agents is they are now being marketed as celebrities. Most are no better than used car salesmen and just as dishonest.
If you find a decent one stick to them. The key is to make it clear you won’t waste their time and don’t want your time wasting either. I’ll happily walk if they start playing games and block their number

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Explain how the economy works with a shrinking tax base when the burgeious are writing off large swathes of it on their own investments and then are ably passing the inflated (via subsidies/write offs) worth of their investments unto the costumer
Oh so they are writing it off because they are losing cash gotcha

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
@B-Train

Hope you documented it all
We did but like I said this agent is useless. Never gets back to us. Avoids us for days. Every response is automated. They sent cleaners out again for the bathroom and they were useless. They asked if they should use bleach for the bathroom/shower. We were like, didn't you use bleach before? They were there for 15 minutes and it looked the same as before. Useless..

I need the shit out of the garage so I can fit my Kingswood in there. It was one of the main attractions of the house as its hard to find a big garage in Sydney.. So if they don't move their shit out (huge wardrobes, benches, shelves etc that take up 1/4 of the garage space) and keep ignoring us, then I'll just call some guys to remove and dump it.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Oh so they are writing it off because they are losing cash gotcha
Imagine crying because renters aren't paying off the entirety of your investment.
So you then get to write off the remaining expenses of your investment with tax money, that the renters pay more of, because they aren't getting write offs like home-owners. Imagine.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
All of this talk about how landlords are so perfect.. We moved to our new place.. They're supposed to have cleaned everything before we got here..

- The bathroom had mould and dirt all over the floors and showers even though it had been "cleaned"

- The lino kitchen floors are filthy which huge stains everywhere.. Hopefully they come out with sugar soap but they should have cleaned them

- The lock on the front door doesn't work properly

- A few PowerPoint's don't work

- There are two massive very visible wasp nests in areas that is dangerous for my daughter. I can spray them but they should have done it

- They "mowed" the lawn but it must have been done by a blind man as it was one patch mowed and 99% of it long. Then they dumped all of these branches in the front yard and didn't leave them out to be taken away when green bin collection was the night before

- The garage still has furniture there that takes up valuable space that isn't supposed to be there

- The toilets don't flush properly and the seats are old and disgusting

- When you have a shower, it leaks massively and leaves a huge puddle outside the shower as it's not sealed properly which is dangerous and a pain.

There are probably 20 other things. They do inspection reports so all of this is supposed to be taken care of before we move in..

Meanwhile we spent a whole week cleaning and tidying up the old place to make it look perfect without any issues.

Now we have to do the same thing at the new place when it should have already been done.

These new agents are useless (Raine and Horne) and the new landlord is clearly a cheap bastard that doesn't give a shit. Meanwhile we're paying $750 a week. As usual, either way we get fucked over.

I wish we had the perfect, saintly landlords that Blue Boost thinks exist..
Make sure you add all these to the initial inspection report and take digital photos of the above mentioned problems.

They will come in handy when the landlord 100% tries to screw you for your bond.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Make sure you add all these to the initial inspection report and take digital photos of the above mentioned problems.

They will come in handy when the landlord 100% tries to screw you for your bond.
We have bro. In detail. But it's a waste of time as they're totally unresponsive and if they do handle it, it's automated and some budget cleaner/repairman turns up to do a shoddy job.

If you want anything done, you have to do it yourself at your own expense of time, stress and money.

Which is again why I find it hilarious when threads like this start making it seem like all renters are scum of the earth junkies while all landlords are Saints. We take better care of the places we rent than the landlords do!

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We did but like I said this agent is useless. Never gets back to us. Avoids us for days. Every response is automated. They sent cleaners out again for the bathroom and they were useless. They asked if they should use bleach for the bathroom/shower. We were like, didn't you use bleach before? They were there for 15 minutes and it looked the same as before. Useless..

I need the shit out of the garage so I can fit my Kingswood in there. It was one of the main attractions of the house as its hard to find a big garage in Sydney.. So if they don't move their shit out (huge wardrobes, benches, shelves etc that take up 1/4 of the garage space) and keep ignoring us, then I'll just call some guys to remove and dump it.
Can you drag it out & put a free sign on it. After a week, whatever is still there goes to the dump.

You have given them a warning.

Can you ask to speak to the Real Estate Principal of the agency, not the agent.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can you drag it out & put a free sign on it. After a week, whatever is still there goes to the dump.

You have given them a warning.

Can you ask to speak to the Real Estate Principal of the agency, not the agent.
Yeah I won't just dump them as it will cause issues, but I'm venting. Plus the stuff is too big/too much to put out for a cleanup. They won't take it all.. I'll definitely go over this bitches head who keeps ignoring us and try and speak to someone else. Even if I have to go to the agency physically and make a scene..

None of the stuff is in the lease except for the wardrobe, but I want to contest that even as that means we can't put our own furniture there.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We have bro. In detail. But it's a waste of time as they're totally unresponsive and if they do handle it, it's automated and some budget cleaner/repairman turns up to do a shoddy job.

If you want anything done, you have to do it yourself at your own expense of time, stress and money.

Which is again why I find it hilarious when threads like this start making it seem like all renters are scum of the earth junkies while all landlords are Saints. We take better care of the places we rent than the landlords do!
Oh I know for a fact that some landlords are worse scum than renters.

PS I mentioned the photos and bond because when it comes time to get your bond back they will try and fuck you.

With the copy of your initial inspection report and photos, just don't waste any time and go to the CTTT. Landlords and agents hate it lol

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
One other major problem with agents is that they do not always select the best tenant. They pick the first one through the door.
They may have a galosher on one foot, and a sardine can on the other, but they still qualify.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Fingers crossed a lot of property investors are looking to cut some losses right now and give up some of their assets.

Just be reasonable when you guys are trying to salvage some funds!

Not everyone can afford to buy your burden right now! Lol
It's an Investors market, they'll take advantage of the property downturn and hold onto it as long as they like. And they're most likely debt free so they wouldn't have to worry about making repayments to the banks, only thing they'll pay are the council rates and utility bills