Opinion Renters...

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Some of the comments in this thread and the disdain towards renters as being the scum of the earth are absurd. If you own a house, good for you. If you feel the need to patronise those that rent to make you feel better about yourselves, then clearly you have other issues in your life..

As someone who has rented at the one house for 7 years and has always paid on time, maintained the property, never complained to the owner we're now being asked to leave for some reason and have had to move. Finding a place was very stressful, the market is crazy competitive for houses and they're asking for crazy money for places that aren't worth anything near that and already have a million problems before you move in..

Lots of renters with families aren't in a position to buy. If we could have, we would have.. Again, if those that own want to belittle those that don't for no good reason, then good for them. Whatever makes them feel better about themselves. I don't see why hard working people that pay astronomical rent every week deserve to be stigmatised and put down by people that own houses.
That’s a shit go brother.
I hope you find something soon.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That’s a shit go brother.
I hope you find something soon.
Thanks man. We found something within 6 weeks.. But only after going to about 20 inspections.. We move into the new place next week.. But we're paying $100 more a week for a similar place in not as nice an area. The market is pretty crazy right now for both renters and home owners with interest rates/mortgages etc.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I love renters, especially the ones that pay on time, look after the place and never complain BUT with my costs going through the roof why should the government want to try to cap my rent? That’s what we get with a houso running the country. I’m very fair with what I charge but it’s a two way street

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks man. We found something within 6 weeks.. But only after going to about 20 inspections.. We move into the new place next week.. But we're paying $100 more a week for a similar place in not as nice an area. The market is pretty crazy right now for both renters and home owners with interest rates/mortgages etc.
That’s good to hear you found something mate. And apologies if my earlier comment offended you I’m just having a laugh cause I find blue boost hilarious. I would not treat anyone different if they were a home owner or renter.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I love renters, especially the ones that pay on time, look after the place and never complain BUT with my costs going through the roof why should the government want to try to cap my rent? That’s what we get with a houso running the country. I’m very fair with what I charge but it’s a two way street
Cash grab from the government because they don’t know where else to take money from. Property investors become the ATM for the states.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Cash grab from the government because they don’t know where else to take money from. Property investors become the ATM for the states.
100%
They cannot run the economy and it’s really starting to be obvious

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't think it should be capped either. Although they do have to try and do something to sort this mess out. It's on them to provide more subsidies or tax relief to renters if they want to try and make a difference instead of taking it out of landlords pockets whose costs have gone up massively.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't think it should be capped either. Although they do have to try and do something to sort this mess out. It's on them to provide more subsidies or tax relief to renters if they want to try and make a difference instead of taking it out of landlords pockets whose costs have gone up massively.
I agree and instead of dealing with this we are bringing in 715,000 new migrants. Where are they expected to live? That pushes prices up even more

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of the comments in this thread and the disdain towards renters as being the scum of the earth are absurd. If you own a house, good for you. If you feel the need to patronise those that rent to make you feel better about yourselves, then clearly you have other issues in your life..

As someone who has rented at the one house for 7 years and has always paid on time, maintained the property, never complained to the owner we're now being asked to leave for some reason and have had to move. Finding a place was very stressful, the market is crazy competitive for houses and they're asking for crazy money for places that aren't worth anything near that and already have a million problems before you move in..

Lots of renters with families aren't in a position to buy. If we could have, we would have.. Again, if those that own want to belittle those that don't for no good reason, then good for them. Whatever makes them feel better about themselves. I don't see why hard working people that pay astronomical rent every week deserve to be stigmatised and put down by people that own houses.
b-train you sound very decent but definitely not the norm.. you are a diamond amongst the rough.. a unicorn.. I’d love to have someone like you rent

but I speak to many real estate offices and they will say the stuff they have seen from renters… most aren’t like you

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
b-train you sound very decent but definitely not the norm.. you are a diamond amongst the rough.. a unicorn.. I’d love to have someone like you rent

but I speak to many real estate offices and they will say the stuff they have seen from renters… most aren’t like you
I'm not saying there aren't bad tenants. My brother in law has had some shockers at his places in the Central Coast and my family have had some with their places. But most tenants are fine.

There are also horrible landlords. Tonnes of them that don't spend one cent on the place and put up the rent by hundreds in one go. Our landlord has been horrible. He tries to fix everything himself for nothing which never solves the problem, never lets the agent handle anything and is a pain in the ass. But we've put up with him for 7 years because we love the house and the area. I'm glad to be done with him but I have no idea what the new landlord will be like.

Bottom line is, not every tenant is bad, not every landlord is a piece of shit. There are good and bad just like in every other facet of life.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I'm not saying there aren't bad tenants. My brother in law has had some shockers at his places in the Central Coast and my family have had some with their places. But most tenants are fine.

There are also horrible landlords. Tonnes of them that don't spend one cent on the place and put up the rent by hundreds in one go. Our landlord has been horrible. He tries to fix everything himself for nothing which never solves the problem, never lets the agent handle anything and is a pain in the ass. But we've put up with him for 7 years because we love the house and the area. I'm glad to be done with him but I have no idea what the new landlord will be like.

Bottom line is, not every tenant is bad, not every landlord is a piece of shit. There are good and bad just like in every other facet of life.
Don’t engage with him bro he doesn’t own a property let alone a second that he rents out. And even if he did it would be one of those ones that have the crawl spaces to spy on people showering. But no I get what you are saying it’s a shitty overpriced market in Sydney but it’s so hard to relocate to somewhere cheaper with family work ect.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

of course there are bad tenants and bad landlords but a much higher proposition of bad tenants than bad landlords. Far higher

as to landlords lifting rent, what do you expect they do? There have been 10 interest rate rises month on month and they only lift the rent once per year.. the rule should be if interest rates rise, bam, rents rise also. Do tenants expect landlord to shield them from costs of living?

many tenants expect the landlord is some sort of hotel maid to come fix things at their call, to put everything in brand new.. I bet the landlord doesn’t have everything brand new in their own home!!

I have a tenant that every time a tap leaks a drop he wants the taps new. I have put in a new air conditioner 2 times in 5 years with this tenant? He has broken a brand new air cond unit twice! How come I have not broken one in my home in 15 years?

when we had all the rain la nina he complained the patio had a slight weep..that he can’t eat dinner outside in Terrential rain? Who eats dinner outside in heavy rain?

you are a quality renter but they are rare.. obviously none of the comments at renters are levelled your way. I’m just saying they all don’t behave with integrity like you

Last edited:

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t engage with him bro he doesn’t own a property let alone a second that he rents out. And even if he did it would be one of those ones that have the crawl spaces to spy on people showering. But no I get what you are saying it’s a shitty overpriced market in Sydney but it’s so hard to relocate to somewhere cheaper with family work ect.
Ive owned plenty property and been burnt by renters.. I put up the rent once in 10 months if interest rate rises, the renter whinged and wined but he was paying unders for years. I didn’t lift the rent for about 6-7 years in that house and he had the cheapest rent around.. but whinges when I put a modest increase (still under market)

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
of course there are bad tenants and bad landlords but a much higher proposition of bad tenants than bad landlords. Far higher

as to landlords lifting rent, what do you expect they do? There have been 10 interest rate rises month on month and they only lift the rent once per year.. the rule should be if interest rates rise, bam, rents rise also. Do tenants expect landlord to shield them from costs of living?

many tenants expect the landlord is some sort of hotel maid to come fix things at their call, to put everything in brand new.. I bet the landlord doesn’t have everything brand new in their own home!!

I have a tenant that every time a tap leaks a drop he wants the taps new. I have put in a new air conditioner 2 times in 5 years with this tenant? He has broken a brand new air cond unit twice! How come I have not broken one in my home in 15 years?

when we had all the rain la nina he complained the patio had a slight weep..that he can’t eat dinner outside in Terrential rain? Who eats dinner outside in heavy rain?
There's nothing wrong with putting the rent up or to what the market is, we've paid several incremental increases over the years. I'm talking about putting it up by 200 bucks a week with no notice when it was already high. Lots of people we know have had that happen to them.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a renter once… didn’t pay for 6 weeks.. real estate couldnt contact him.. real estate turns up and half his stuff is gone, he was doing a midnight runner but hadn’t fully moved yet.. so we locked him out, next morning he drove his car through locked gates and broke in to get rest of his stuff.. bums

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score

you are a quality renter but they are rare.. obviously none of the comments at renters are levelled your way. I’m just saying they all don’t behave with integrity like you
How did he break the split system you installed twice? Is it Under serviced which is up to the landlord or a really cheap installation? If a tap leaks it says to me it is an older property and the landlord should be fixing the O ring. Eating dinner on the balcony with your loved ones is a privilege of enjoying the property. I love being able to eat on the balcony when it rains but if there is some waterproofing seep the building owners and strata need to address it. I’m a building manager by the way so we can go on all day.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score

hahahaha

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How did he break the split system you installed twice? Is it Under serviced which is up to the landlord or a really cheap installation? If a tap leaks it says to me it is an older property and the landlord should be fixing the O ring. Eating dinner on the balcony with your loved ones is a privilege of enjoying the property. I love being able to eat on the balcony when it rains but if there is some waterproofing seep the building owners and strata need to address it. I’m a building manager by the way so we can go on all day.
well you should know their tricks

another renter was having these outdoor firepits.. burnt all the grass. Could have burnt the house down ..

What do they do sing Christmas carols outside?

I had renters living next door to me and they would have a party every Friday night, in the
Morning I could see all the beer bottle caps thrown over the fence into my yard.. seriously?

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
well you should know their tricks

another renter was having these outdoor firepits.. burnt all the grass. Could have burnt the house down ..

What do they do sing Christmas carols outside?

I had renters living next door to me and they would have a party every Friday night, in the
Morning I could see all the beer bottle caps thrown over the fence into my yard.. seriously?
The first point is valid if they are renting (I do not know the bylaws) but it’s pretty evident they should not be having fires on the premises without written consent. I would maybe contact the managing agent.

Christmas Carols I don’t understand the premise but no one really hates that.

You can’t do much about a neighbour having constant parties apart for calling the police if the noise levels are excessive past 12:00am but if they are throwing beer caps over your fence that would be annoying. Maybe speak to the landlord and say I don’t want this to happen again with your tenants otherwise I will bring it up with NCAT. But if you own and they don’t and you are not in the same strata or if you are there is not actually that much you can really do.

Throw them back over. And play Techno all night.