Opinion Renters...

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
We are all in this shit together, it's us vs elites and the elites don't give a flying fuck.
yeah bankers and politicians don’t care about your status.
Just so long as you remain a good goy and keep yourself enslaved to their bullshit system then everything will be o.k!
Who knows? One day you might meet Baron Rothschild in person? He will just put you on the head like a good dog!

Kind of like the way George Bush did with the marines in Panama when he was vice president!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
And the Rothschilds raised interest rates again....

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Are there any solutions though?

The closer you are to the CBD the more insane the prices get, even suburbs that are filled with housos are still commanding 1 or 2 million dollar houses and renting for 600+ per week.

The only solution I can see is to move further west or go interstate looking for better value for money.

I didn't mean it as a swipe at renters but it's more the media narrative, people with mortgages are told to suck it up, knuckle down get another job, etc. The renters get a crisis narrative and people crying on the news, "I'm a single mother and can't afford..." etc.

It seems like every family event I go to people think they are property investor gurus. I always thought the whole point of getting a mortgage was to start a family to have that security of not being kicked out and having to uproot.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Australians know nothing and we get robbed.
That's why we are in this mess.
This is a nation founded and settled by criminals.

Remember it wasn't too long ago we had a mentality where you don't dob each other in?

That stems back from the founding bread thieves and sheep swaggers of this great nation! Lol

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The sad fact is that we've lived with a housing bubble for way too long. The whole narrative in this thread of the tenant should be willing to pay off someone's home loan is intended to troll, I know that. But it's sadly something of a reality. Never try to save someone that's drowning if you aren't prepared for them to drag you down too. The banks have lent people money they can't afford and it's an anchor on the people who they won't lend money to.

The country area I live in is now being seen as an investment haven for Sydneysiders who can't afford another place in Sydney. The thought process is that they can charge Sydney rent prices and build towards more Sydney investments. However there's just not many jobs in this area that actually pay the same wages unfortunately. I know a co worker who lives in a 2 room rental with 8 people. They're all internationals that have one partner working while the other studies.

In the meantime there's places like Canberra where 10% of investment properties are supposedly withheld from the market and used as Air BNB properties.

I don't think that we'll ever see rent prices capped, but we do need a shake up of the system. Not sure exactly what we do about it. But for a start house prices can't keep skyrocketing.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
In this current market, property investors would be stupid to rent out their property, they'll get little to no money back, instead they'll be paying more on it.

I once asked a real estate agent on how are property investors making cash on property if they're not renting it out and he said that they buy property, they horde the property meaning no one gets to stay or live in it, wait for price of property to increase and then sell it after 6-12 months, make a nice $300k profit and re-invest it on another property and do the same thing.

I wish I thought of that...

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The whole housing rental scheme is very biased towards the renter. The owner/landlord has
little say in the whole scheme of things.
Renters cannot be evicted for payment default or damage to a residence until a lot of discussion goes on. The back rent is very rarely
ever repaid, and the damage never paid for.
Before the bleeding hearts get active, take into account the amount of money the landlord has invested in these houses.
It's a lose lose situation for a lot of investors.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
In this current market, property investors would be stupid to rent out their property, they'll get little to no money back, instead they'll be paying more on it.

I once asked a real estate agent on how are property investors making cash on property if they're not renting it out and he said that they buy property, they horde the property meaning no one gets to stay or live in it, wait for price of property to increase and then sell it after 6-12 months, make a nice $300k profit and re-invest it on another property and do the same thing.

I wish I thought of that...
Fingers crossed a lot of property investors are looking to cut some losses right now and give up some of their assets.

Just be reasonable when you guys are trying to salvage some funds!

Not everyone can afford to buy your burden right now! Lol

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Fingers crossed a lot of property investors are looking to cut some losses right now and give up some of their assets.
Not a chance when the market is in a dip mate. It’s all a cycle you have to ride

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
there has to be some moron out there who is too proud to let go?
Too proud or not too proud? For sure. There will be some people who just can’t afford to pay their mortgages because they got bad advice or no advice at all when applying for their mortgage.
After the disastrous federal budget the extremely low chance of further interest rate rises is now most likely

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
All I know is not everyone is getting the price they want when selling their homes.
It was even like this before convid.
I checked what homes were selling for back then and on average people were getting at least 125k less than market value.
Even in areas close to town like Marrickville.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Too proud or not too proud? For sure. There will be some people who just can’t afford to pay their mortgages because they got bad advice or no advice at all when applying for their mortgage.
After the disastrous federal budget the extremely low chance of further interest rate rises is now most likely
All I need right now is someone who made an unrealistic move a while back to fall over on their ass!
Will really benefit my situation.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
All I need right now is someone who made an unrealistic move a while back to fall over on their ass!
Will really benefit my situation.
It’s pretty likely so have your deposit ready