Official Reed not charged

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
If a player does something that is not in the spirit of the game or is dangerous they should be punished at the time of the indiscretion by way of sin bin, penalty or dismissal from the field. THEN have to face the music in form of suspension or fine after.

Doing something AFTER the game is the way in which the NRL believes it is acting on the well being and safety of the player...it in fact just shows how inept and out of touch the officials are from the ones on field to the ones in the bunker. Heaven's knows what an independent Dr who makes the decision on whether or not a player needs to be assessed feels about the fact that the thing that caused the problem is not dealt with then and there...I am starting to feel that decisions are made on where a team is on the table when it comes to the player fouled and the position of the team from which the offender comes is.
I said similar in another post.

How does it help us punishing the illegal act after the fact ie by the judiciary etc when nothing is done about it on the field / at the time.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I said similar in another post.

How does it help us punishing the illegal act after the fact ie by the judiciary etc when nothing is done about it on the field / at the time.
Looking at the first photo of Swarhili's knees, its the worst case of leading with the raised knee ever seen yet Bulldogs are expected to accept innocent miss by bunker? Rubbish.

Reed misses 2 games with concussion and head trauma and Swarhili misses 3. Something a tad wrong with that.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Looking at the first photo of Swarhili's knees, its the worst case of leading with the raised knee ever seen yet Bulldogs are expected to accept innocent miss by bunker? Rubbish.

Reed misses 2 games with concussion and head trauma and Swarhili misses 3. Something a tad wrong with that.
What I really don’t get is that everyone can see all this yet the bunker, video referee etc has all this technology, images, videos at their disposal yet still miss blatantly obvious things. It happens over and over again until I can hardly be bothered watching the games anymore.

Have to ask the question do the officials actually miss it or are they just selectively turning a blind eye to it depending upon teams and players involved.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
What I really don’t get is that everyone can see all this yet the bunker, video referee etc has all this technology, images, videos at their disposal yet still miss blatantly obvious things. It happens over and over again until I can hardly be bothered watching the games anymore.

Have to ask the question do that actually miss it or are they just selectively turning a blind eye to it depending upon teams and players involved.
Its gotten to such a farcical degree, that it now seems reasonable for the rugby league public to question their integrity and capacity to rule on decisions on the field of play.

Very questionable decision making by the games custodians in most facets of the game.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Its gotten to such a farcical degree, that it now seems reasonable for the rugby league public to question their integrity and capacity to rule on decisions on the field of play.

Very questionable decision making by the games custodians in most facets of the game.
I actually think it is an integrity issue.

The Dogs have been copping the raw end of all this for years - it is an established pattern.

There is also big $$ involved. Years ago, a mate of mine (who actually played league against Turvey down in the Riverina in the early years) told me that gambling and rigging was involved in NRL games. I didn’t want to believe him back then. I am less naive these days.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
ffs - the complaining about corruption is getting out of hand.

For those with really short memories - we won a premiership due to some shitty reffing back in the day. Guarantee we're not beating a stacked Tigers side back in the 1980's if Tezza doesn't decide to sleep Ellery Hanley off the ball.

Refs fck up. And b4 anyone says but we get more of it - are you really counting how bad they fck up for other teams?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I actually think it is an integrity issue.

The Dogs have been copping the raw end of all this for years - it is an established pattern.

There is also big $$ involved. Years ago, a mate of mine (who actually played league against Turvey down in the Riverina in the early years) told me that gambling and rigging was involved in NRL games. I didn’t want to believe him back then. I am less naive these days.
If there isn't gambling and rigging in NRL... it's the only sport in the World that can't be manipulated and must be patronised by the most honest lot of gamblers in the World also lol.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

For those with really short memories - we won a premiership due to some shitty reffing back in the day. Guarantee we're not beating a stacked Tigers side back in the 1980's if Tezza doesn't decide to sleep Ellery Hanley off the ball.

Refs fck up. And b4 anyone says but we get more of it - are you really counting how bad they fck up for other teams?
Yep. Not to mention that Reed is so gutsy he goes all in on blokes three times his size. That’s going to get you smashed every now and then.

But let’s have a Royal Commission into all the ‘corruption’ in the game. I don’t like seeing anyone get hurt nor Reed out for two games but we didn’t lose yesterday because of the refereeing.

Bitemarks

mmm tasty ear
Reaction score

Victim mentality at it's best.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Nothings gonna change re the loss or the ref and bunker poor decisions or even our own player's poor decisions. We've explored all that :grinning:

It's about protecting the player and the officials doing their jobs without prejudice.

Every team's supporters point out inconsistencies and bias.

Most on here acknowledge that the lower teams don't receive the 50/50's and that affects the ebb and flow of possession and scoring and defensive load resulting in missed tackles etc.

We have to address this from every angle bc it is a weekly factor for the club.

Our own performance.

The refs/bunker and NRLol performance in affecting the scoreline whether it's our games or others.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Let's not forget the 7 tackle set that we scored off against Manly in 1995.

Or Hazem having 10 seconds to ground the ball in 2004.

We definitely get more than our fair share of bad calls, more than most clubs. But there's no conspiracy or agenda against us specifically. Some of the decisions are obvious and indefensible... But in most sports, the better teams get the calls go their way and the worse teams don't. It's not fair but that's the way it generally works.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it's bad enough for a charge, how do all the officials completely miss that???

Not to mention, not a single word about Tupouniuas shoulder charge to the head of Wilson.

But watch an entire weekend of games and you'll notice a huge amount of inconsistency in the NRL rules. THIS is what annoys fans.

Suaalii - lifting knees in a tackle and connecting with head - that's a sin bin or send off, any day of the week.
Tupouniua - shoulder to a players head without any attempt to make a tackle - that's a sin bin or send off, any day of the week.

Yet nothing. Zero consistency, despite a referee, linesmen, and guys in the bunker.

HOWEVER on the flipside, a ball is thrown backwards, then tapped on backwards, taken by a player who races upfield and is certain to score and win the game, and that same official can have eagle eyes and manage to see that. Yet the bunker cannot intervene.

The on field referee has the final say, with assistance from the bunker. Why wasn't the Suaalii / Mahoney tackle looked at by bunker, and picked up then? Clearly it was noticable enough to attract a high grade charge!

See the inconsistencies already?

If the ref cannot see something live, they can easily see on the big screens, during a replay, and then put that player on report, or sin bin them.

I reckon the only reason Klein didn't sin bin Tupouniua (and possibly pull up Suiali(?)) was because he had an absolute shocker with the "head clash sin bin" only days earlier at State of Origin. He couldn't afford to have a few more calls against a big club with major clout in the NRL, else it wouldn't have gone well for his career moving forwards.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Let's not forget the 7 tackle set that we scored off against Manly in 1995.

Or Hazem having 10 seconds to ground the ball in 2004.

We definitely get more than our fair share of bad calls, more than most clubs. But there's no conspiracy or agenda against us specifically. Some of the decisions are obvious and indefensible... But in most sports, the better teams get the calls go their way and the worse teams don't. It's not fair but that's the way it generally works.
The problem is that with all the technology angles and time they have at their disposal and theyre still getting alot wrong... how can you put it down to teams getting the rub of the green when they have everything they need and more to make sure they get 99% of calls right?

Lost Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Only a penalty for a Knee in the face? While Wadell with his loss of hearing experienced 10 minutes in the bin for wanting to hold on to a ball? :triumph:

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
And yet our pussy club will do nothing about it or the constant biased/cheating experienced every bloody week now.

I'm actually done tbh, I watch pretty much every game over the weekend and I see so much BS. I've already un-followed all the RL sites on FB I would get info from and now I'm just going to watch our game only on the weekend. Very soon it may not be that. If there's not a Super League 2.0 very soon the sport is fuked! I just can't support the sport while it's being raped.