R4 - Bulldogs vs Rabbitohs - Team List & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Players did all they could under such one sided refereeing. Cummins will be dropped for sure for the Jackson chat debacle.
Why would he dropped? He was working under instructions. The rabbits get a freebie every Good Friday.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Woodsy can play 65 minutes easy and Hopoate has played a ton of fullback. It really shouldn't have affected them that much. Also, who was playing centre when Mbye went off? I missed that.
Not that simple

Sure Hoppa slots to 1 but we form a makeshift right edge (Fualolo back row and JJ centre)

If you don’t think 2 players missing for majority of match (including our best attacking player) on the back of lopsided penalty count then ..,oh wait you a tigger supporter

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I’m not saying we dump him to oblivion I’m just saying he missed a good opportunity to cement a spot today

One of those games

17 on 17 I really believe we win quite comfortably
For sure, 17 on 17 i also think we win and people are talking up our chances on here haha.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The incessant penalties that referees are blowing for inside the 10 are long overdue. For years we’ve been complaining about offside and now they are blown, everyone gets the shits. All clubs knew about it. The Bulldogs were offside, it’s as simple as that.
The referee didn’t cost Canterbury the match. That’s another easy out. Did they drop ball after ball and hand Souths possession ? That would be no. Did they miss tackles ? Souths scored 4 tries to 2 and deserved their win. They played for 80, the Bulldogs didn’t.
Last year Canterbury couldn’t score in the first 40, this year they can’t in the second half. They seem content to protect a lead. They did it last week, and only just hung on. Penrith got a shocking obstruction rule go against them, they lost by 2.
It’s called the rub of the green.
Why weren't Souths penalised as well? What about the Inglis try where the referee admitted the error? It's hard to win when the penalty count is against you especially continued repeat sets on your line being penalised on the 4th & 5th tackles.

Did you listen to the commentators last week? Even they said the try was valid. Maloney paused & that's what cost him. He had time to get there.

It would be nice to get the rub of the green, but it continues to go against us particularly with certain referees.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dreadful second half. Can’t blame the penalties. Dogs got 6 of the last 7. Souths scored 3 tries to nil after halftime. Dogs stopped playing footy and payed the price.
When you defend as long as we did in the first half it is going to take it's toll & that's what happened.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Woodsy and klemmer were good today woodsy offload can really be a huge plus for us

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate that bench of ours . Elliot didn’t fuck up but he is piss weak with strength can’t turn a player on his back to save his life. Foran gets gassed cause he has to organise then kick. We need another play maker
Yes we need another playmaker. Foran was out on his feet. We did enough to win besides the park footy ball control...very very poor from an NRL side

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes we got raped by that **** Cummings.
But shit it is stressful watching our team, we play dumb so often.

But what can be done to make our team better?

I don't think this Sezer thing is real, but I do think we need another option than Foran on every 5th tackle. If we can get Sezer please get him.

Can we let Tolman go before the end if the season? Forward depth is not great.

Why are Elliott & Tualau playing first grade. They are not first grade standard!!

Lichaa's passing & service from dummy half is very poor!
Sharks want Tolman, let them have him!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Same here.
But it is only an issue if you expect refeering in the NRL to be fair and mildly competent.
Do you?
No. I don't. But after years of being on the wrong end of refereeing decisions - I am not immune to them, yet. When we do get the odd wrong decision our way, how the media howl about refereeing decisions costing teams games. Can you imagine the screaming if Inglis had been called over by the ref, and we'd scored??

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nah, I agree there were some real rough calls for the Dogs but, that doesn't excuse their defence in that last 20. A better team wouldn't have let in 3 tries late in the game. When Foran kicked that goal to go up 6, they should have finished the Rabbits off. The penalty count wasn't that lopsided, especially in the last quarter.
You don't think the heavy penalty count especially repeated on the 4th & 5th tackles would take it's toll?

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like pay said we couldn’t have been that bad in first half and then that good in Second half in regards to penalties. The ref is a joke and he gased us out of the game. It wasn’t just the amount of penalties it was when they got them. Most of them where on 4-5th tackles and some they got when they were struggling on there try line.

People say it was our own fault we lost and I agree to a degree but stupid mistakes and handling comes from fatigue. Fatigue that was solely responsible from the ref. It’s very rare I blame the ref but the writing was on the wall from the first 10min when he couldn’t give us a penalty if we paid him for one.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When the commentators point out such a howler greenburg will take action. Same as tiger broncs fiasco
Yeah, but it was the Dogs. They would never do that for us. And you spelt his name wrong; it's Greenturd

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The match wasn’t lost in the 2nd half, it was lost in the 1st half when that cocksucker Cummings kept an average souths in the game with repeat bullshit penalties , when we were clearly on top . We would have gone into halftime with a big lead had it not been for the lopsided penalties.
Im disappointed that we weren’t as good in the 2nd half , but we were raped in the 1st half by that bastard that puts his whistle in his ass and then his mouth.
Im pretty pissed off the manner in which we lost the match.
At 16-10 I thought we had them , with good game management I was certain we were going to get the points today but nobody stepped up when they needed too.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was quite pleased with the first 40. Second 40 was a shocker and the dogs should have closed out the game.
Some things to note:
-Eastwood needs to come back asap. He has way more experience then those on the bench and he is way more doggish in defence. You can't be dogs of war with soft players.
- JMK was pretty average. At least Frawley has a show and go and can get us a repeat set at times.
- Nu Brown is really annoying. Marcelo's defence is very fragile

Status
Not open for further replies.