R4 - Bulldogs vs Rabbitohs - Team List & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Woodsy can play 65 minutes easy and Hopoate has played a ton of fullback. It really shouldn't have affected them that much. Also, who was playing centre when Mbye went off? I missed that.
Jackson

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The match wasn’t lost in the 2nd half, it was lost in the 1st half when that cocksucker Cummings kept an average souths in the game with repeat bullshit penalties , when we were clearly on top . We would have gone into halftime with a big lead had it not been for the lopsided penalties.
Im disappointed that we weren’t as good in the 2nd half , but we were raped in the 1st half by that bastard that puts his whistle in his ass and then his mouth.
Im pretty pissed off the manner in which we lost the match.
At 16-10 I thought we had them , with good game management I was certain we were going to get the points today but nobody stepped up when they needed too.
Penalty count was 13-4 at one stage; and most of those on the 4th or 5th tackle. The defence was excellent, but fatigue had to set in in the second half - especially when the side was down two players. Souths still got the penalties when they needed them in the 2nd half to keep them in the game. Had the game played out the other way, the screams would still be echoing from the "experts" about refs influencing the outcome of games.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Penalty count was 13-4 at one stage; and most of those on the 4th or 5th tackle. The defence was excellent, but fatigue had to set in in the second half - especially when the side was down two players. Souths still got the penalties when they needed them in the 2nd half to keep them in the game. Had the game played out the other way, the screams would still be echoing from the "experts" about refs influencing the outcome of games.
13-4 @ halftime

DSC

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Id like to see the penalty count. Souths are a very average team but at least we are improving.
We showed enough to give me the confidence that we will have a solid year. Especially when you include Mbye back at fullback. But in fairness to Souths, they have Reynolds out who is their main organizer and general play kicker and they also have Inglis playing at half pace. I think both teams played ugly today but will both improve under their respective new coaches.

Last edited:

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Makes you wonder what the final score would have been had Souths received the same scrutiny. Good on them for not throwing in the towel; but had the penalty count been even, I reckon they would have given up by half time.
Exactly, we were clearly on top . We could have gone into halftime with a very handy lead had it not been for the bullshit lopsided penalty count to keep a shit Souths team in the game.
It was so obvious the bastard refs were looking to get them out of their half.
The prick penalises Tolman for a poor play then ball when we have all the momentum and then closes his eyes late in the game when Burgess does the same thing when they are on the attack leading to their winning try.
He didn’t miss it, the asshole just didn’t want to penalise them .
Nobody is doubting we weren’t that great in the 2nd half but we were shafted in the 1st half .

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Like pay said we couldn’t have been that bad in first half and then that good in Second half in regards to penalties. The ref is a joke and he gased us out of the game. It wasn’t just the amount of penalties it was when they got them. Most of them where on 4-5th tackles and some they got when they were struggling on there try line.

People say it was our own fault we lost and I agree to a degree but stupid mistakes and handling comes from fatigue. Fatigue that was solely responsible from the ref. It’s very rare I blame the ref but the writing was on the wall from the first 10min when he couldn’t give us a penalty if we paid him for one.
Bingo, finally someone who gets it. Good post.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The incessant penalties that referees are blowing for inside the 10 are long overdue. For years we’ve been complaining about offside and now they are blown, everyone gets the shits. All clubs knew about it. The Bulldogs were offside, it’s as simple as that.
The referee didn’t cost Canterbury the match. That’s another easy out. Did they drop ball after ball and hand Souths possession ? That would be no. Did they miss tackles ? Souths scored 4 tries to 2 and deserved their win. They played for 80, the Bulldogs didn’t.
Last year Canterbury couldn’t score in the first 40, this year they can’t in the second half. They seem content to protect a lead. They did it last week, and only just hung on. Penrith got a shocking obstruction rule go against them, they lost by 2.
It’s called the rub of the green.
I think the word you are looking for is consistency there wasn't any so you can fuck off

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Penalty count in Tigers v Storm: Storm 18-8 + 1 sin bin. And we still won that match.

Yeah, fair enough.
Yeah, but the Storm give away penalties on the first deliberately. These were on the 4th & 5th consecutively. Sorry, but I cannot watch any Storm games except when they play us. They shit me to tears.

Status
Not open for further replies.