R4 - Bulldogs vs Rabbitohs - Team List & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Last week the first half went for 51 minutes. This week it went for 48 & the 2nd 55 minutes. No wonder the players were tired.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Last week the first half went for 51 minutes. This week it went for 48 & the 2nd 55 minutes. No wonder the players were tired.
How many of those minutes was the ball actually in play?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Just had a read of Souths forums (league unlimited) fuck they have some special ***** on there lol... general consensus is that we were cheating and got the rub of the green and that they overcame adversity to win. Fucking speds...
side note, this loss has fucked my weekend, so farking angry may take another day to recover

Last edited:

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
You know what shits me the most about league

The penalty count can be 4-13 first half. Then by the end of the game it’s almost even but your team is so gassed they start tiring in the last 15 of the game and lose

And anyone that looks at the stats thinks the count was pretty even when in reality it was bullshit

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Just had a read of Souths forums (league unlimited) fuck they have some special ***** on there lol... general consensus is that we were cheating and got the rub of the green and that they overcame adversity to win. Fucking speds...
side note, this loss has fucked my weekend, so farking angry may take another day to recover
That's because in order to be allowed to have a Souths membership you have to sit an IQ test, a medical, and a criminal background check.

IQ Test - If you score more than single digits in the test, you are excluded from membership.
Medical - If you have more than 3 teeth, you are excluded from membership.
Criminal Background Check - If you have a clean record, you are excluded from membership.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Have just had the chance to now sit down and post on the game day thread. Re-watched the game on Fox which only just re confirmed the opinions made at the game live.So many things going around in my mind at the moment.

We should have won that game and we did enough to do so,but some screwed officiating dogged us and the missed goal and the one not taken in the second half cost us those four points which we lost by.

*I was sitting in the corner of the ground where Moz scored and where the winning try to Souths was scored. Quite interesting being there, as it gave me a good perspective of goal line defence and the mechanisms of penalties awarded for infringements inside the ten in the red zone. Souths being allowed to stand in front of the goal line with impunity and markers not square. We got none of the penalties that Souths got inside this area even though they were at fault many times. On on occasion where a penalty shot was being taken by Foran ( which he did kick) Souths players were walking backwards and forwards in front of goal.

*I got to see Inglis get his usual multiple "post contact metres' when he plays the ball ( I.e. walking off the mark and being allowed to do so) something he does each and every time he is tackled.Also
I got to see the look on his face when the no try was awarded against him even though he felt he had scored. Clear as day that he hadn't. Last time I saw that type of conviction was the game against the Roosters where they were awarded a dodgy try by Matt Cecchin in the finals series a few years ago. https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...l/news-story/56c5c8eef3895e0b9ca7f6824d266f8f

*We ended up having only two reserves to rotate on and off after losing both Tolman and Mbye in the first half.Jennings who was cleared of a concussion ( meaning a freebie interchange) came back for the last twenty of the first half and then mysteriously disappeared for the rest of the game.Benefit to Souths...

*THAT try down the other end was so wrong in many ways. The original decision changed from a knock on to a penalty for Souths when replays showed the correct decision was initially made and our Captain being called out for a warning regarding repeat penalties and then not allowed to return to his position in the defensive line before the tap was taken.

* Cannonball tackle from Cameron Murray on Lichaa. These tackles have been banned for a good reason and I will be interested to see if the match review charge him for it.It was one of the best examples I have seen in many a game.

* The disgraceful elbow to the throat of Morris by Burgess, who saw nothing wrong with it and actually laughed when he was penalised.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/0fddcfbb2a4313afb30b4931b2dcadec

ANTHONY Seibold is confident Sam Burgess wont have anything to answer for when a raised elbow to the throat of Josh Morris comes under the scrutiny of the NRL Match Review Committee on Saturday morning.
The South Sydney superstar was controversially penalised while in possession of the ball after raising his elbow at the defender.

The contact from Burgess left Bulldogs ace Morris reeling in pain but Seibold believes the backrower shouldn’t have been punished with the Bunker stepping in while Morris was down receiving treatment.

“I thought it was a massive decision by the Bunker to overturn that,” Seibold said after his side’s 20-16 win over the Bulldogs on Friday.

“You look at that carry, there’s no way in the world that should be overturned.

“I don’t think I have anything to worry about whatsoever.

“If you look at that particular carry, every second carry in the game is a carry like that.”

I am all for a coach supporting his players but it was pretty clear what happened and why. Every single article written in relation to this has exactly the same message from the coach along the lines of it being a nothing and that it was a disgrace that the decision was made and the Dogs awarded a penalty.

What a wanker their coach is. Penny to a pound if it had been on one of his precious players he would have been calling for the death penalty.

* Many times the Souths markers and second markers were not square and were able to then complete the next tackle in the set.( major offenders Cook, Gurgess)

* Tolman being pinged for an incorrect play the ball ( quite rightly so) but Surgess, Gurgess and Cook allowed to do so on many occasions

*Foran taken out very late twice after he had kicked with no action taken against the Souths player involved. Anyone remember Black Friday????

* For those that were at the game, the inane and annoying carry on by the Souths ground announcer. Instead of coming across as a passionate fan of his team comes a cross as a real dickhead.The recorded South Sydney chants over the PA were embarrassing and the crowd of just over 32K would have comprised at least three quarters Dogs fans.

* Awarding of tries was frustrating and Souths ones were deemed to be pretty much cut and dried and awarded quickly with little time for analysis.

*We are continuing to play some nice footy and at least this year, even though we have only one win ,it is at least more entertaining than the past few. Some good signs.

* Bench rotation truly stuffed after losing two players inside the first thirty minutes , neither of whom returned. Coach could only do so much...

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Inglis you’re a shit **** and got 20 penalties in row to get that. Fuck off, pepper the refs with bottles.

Nah: the ten cents refund you can these days is worth more. Ain't wasting one cent on them let alone ten.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fuck Ben Cummins .... fucking cheating ****.

Why did Cummins call him over and give them a defensive advantage?? Should have called time off till he got back.

@bcmf head clash trying to stop a try. Him and Jennings KO'd each other. Mbye failed HIA, Jennings magically returned to play.
I was quite surprised that Jennings did return, in fact he looked in a far worse state than Mbye. It meant to Souths that they replaced him ( free change) for 15 minutes and were then able to take off the replacement player Burns for the last 20 of the first half and then Jennings did not return for the second.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’ve watched this sport for over 30 years, I never thought I would be saying this, but I don’t know the rules anymore!!! These referees have absolutely destroyed this sport, it’s almost become unwatchable!!!
You know they old saying " Rules were made to be broken" Well the NRL has certainly done that!!

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Break his arm Dogs. Burgess attempts a shoulder charge.

Fuck this game.. I'm tempted to turn off.. Refs and NRL have already decided the result.

Jennings came back before half time... if he's off again that proves they cheated the HIA rule.
Exactly right. The following article was published 7 March this year showing that the NRL STILL does not believe INDEPENDENT DOCTORS should be used. This means that the Souths medico made the decision to allow Jennings to return. He then did not return for the second half. Many instances of the same from that club with Reynolds, Burgess and co . Like the motto on the Rabbitohs jerseys says " SOUTHS CARES"

upload_2018-3-31_16-1-50.jpeg

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...r/news-story/77a6e7f68cae2c605d57c83a2a4f412d

The NRL’s current view on this is clear: “It is our view that the club doctors are in the best position to assess players,” an NRL statement sent to foxsports.com.au says.

“This is a view supported by the Medical Advisory Panel.

“We have introduced and are continuing to look at further ways to support the club doctors.”

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have just had the chance to now sit down and post on the game day thread. Re-watched the game on Fox which only just re confirmed the opinions made at the game live.So many things going around in my mind at the moment.

We should have won that game and we did enough to do so,but some screwed officiating dogged us and the missed goal and the one not taken in the second half cost us those four points which we lost by.

*I was sitting in the corner of the ground where Moz scored and where the winning try to Souths was scored. Quite interesting being there, as it gave me a good perspective of goal line defence and the mechanisms of penalties awarded for infringements inside the ten in the red zone. Souths being allowed to stand in front of the goal line with impunity and markers not square. We got none of the penalties that Souths got inside this area even though they were at fault many times. On on occasion where a penalty shot was being taken by Foran ( which he did kick) Souths players were walking backwards and forwards in front of goal.

*I got to see Inglis get his usual multiple "post contact metres' when he plays the ball ( I.e. walking off the mark and being allowed to do so) something he does each and every time he is tackled.Also
I got to see the look on his face when the no try was awarded against him even though he felt he had scored. Clear as day that he hadn't. Last time I saw that type of conviction was the game against the Roosters where they were awarded a dodgy try by Matt Cecchin in the finals series a few years ago. https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...l/news-story/56c5c8eef3895e0b9ca7f6824d266f8f

*We ended up having only two reserves to rotate on and off after losing both Tolman and Mbye in the first half.Jennings who was cleared of a concussion ( meaning a freebie interchange) came back for the last twenty of the first half and then mysteriously disappeared for the rest of the game.Benefit to Souths...

*THAT try down the other end was so wrong in many ways. The original decision changed from a knock on to a penalty for Souths when replays showed the correct decision was initially made and our Captain being called out for a warning regarding repeat penalties and then not allowed to return to his position in the defensive line before the tap was taken.

* Cannonball tackle from Cameron Murray on Lichaa. These tackles have been banned for a good reason and I will be interested to see if the match review charge him for it.It was one of the best examples I have seen in many a game.

* The disgraceful elbow to the throat of Morris by Burgess, who saw nothing wrong with it and actually laughed when he was penalised.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/0fddcfbb2a4313afb30b4931b2dcadec

ANTHONY Seibold is confident Sam Burgess wont have anything to answer for when a raised elbow to the throat of Josh Morris comes under the scrutiny of the NRL Match Review Committee on Saturday morning.
The South Sydney superstar was controversially penalised while in possession of the ball after raising his elbow at the defender.

The contact from Burgess left Bulldogs ace Morris reeling in pain but Seibold believes the backrower shouldn’t have been punished with the Bunker stepping in while Morris was down receiving treatment.

“I thought it was a massive decision by the Bunker to overturn that,” Seibold said after his side’s 20-16 win over the Bulldogs on Friday.

“You look at that carry, there’s no way in the world that should be overturned.

“I don’t think I have anything to worry about whatsoever.

“If you look at that particular carry, every second carry in the game is a carry like that.”

I am all for a coach supporting his players but it was pretty clear what happened and why. Every single article written in relation to this has exactly the same message from the coach along the lines of it being a nothing and that it was a disgrace that the decision was made and the Dogs awarded a penalty.

What a wanker their coach is. Penny to a pound if it had been on one of his precious players he would have been calling for the death penalty.

* Many times the Souths markers and second markers were not square and were able to then complete the next tackle in the set.( major offenders Cook, Gurgess)

* Tolman being pinged for an incorrect play the ball ( quite rightly so) but Surgess, Gurgess and Cook allowed to do so on many occasions

*Foran taken out very late twice after he had kicked with no action taken against the Souths player involved. Anyone remember Black Friday????

* For those that were at the game, the inane and annoying carry on by the Souths ground announcer. Instead of coming across as a passionate fan of his team comes a cross as a real dickhead.The recorded South Sydney chants over the PA were embarrassing and the crowd of just over 32K would have comprised at least three quarters Dogs fans.

* Awarding of tries was frustrating and Souths ones were deemed to be pretty much cut and dried and awarded quickly with little time for analysis.

*We are continuing to play some nice footy and at least this year, even though we have only one win ,it is at least more entertaining than the past few. Some good signs.

* Bench rotation truly stuffed after losing two players inside the first thirty minutes , neither of whom returned. Coach could only do so much...
Dogluva, you can't take a penalty goal from a scrum penalty, it's a differential penalty. Been a rule for years.

Mate I share your passion, I'm equally dissapointed but we lost the ball five times coming out of our end. That was the major factor in our loss. Sure they were tired and fatigued but let's not forget that our second half performance with the ball was extremely poor. If we hold onto the ball better in the second half we win that game.

I am more pissed off at our performance in that second half than the ref. The players need to be accountable.

Status
Not open for further replies.