Official Signings thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gizmo

Hero's r Zero's
Reaction score
My spin on all this is if players want to chase the money then let them go - if their heart is really at the club they will stay for less than their worth on the market. Its these sorts of blokes that we really want at the club - the ones that love the club and bleed blue & white through and through. Reni Maitua is a prime example of this. He knows he could of got more than we paid him but he is happy where he is.

From what I know, Big Roy loves the club and really wants to stay as does Nate Myles. The only thing now is that they need to make that decision of whether they follow their hearts or whether they chase the money.

Have faith people - no matter what happens we will still have a very competitive side.

BILLYA-BULLDOG

DOGS 4 LIFE
Reaction score
no loyalty at all by our players but whats going on with the management release perry & hughes try & sign up some players the whole situation s****

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Gizmo said:
Reni Maitua is a prime example of this. He knows he could of got more than we paid him but he is happy where he is.
He said himself the only reason he didnt leave is because he wants to be a rep player, he knew that if he went to souths he'd be wasted...just like john sutton is being wasted now.

And imo on all this signing bull****......piss willie tonga off.

N00b

Kennel Established
Reaction score
mitchusonfire said:
He said himself the only reason he didnt leave is because he wants to be a rep player, he knew that if he went to souths he'd be wasted...just like john sutton is being wasted now.

And imo on all this signing bull****......piss willie tonga off.
**** YEA~!.

theFAT

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Retention Whats Happening

Can anyone fill me in. Asotasi is leaving because of the cap.

But isnt the cap rising by 600K. Also with Tonga leaving and maybe Myles why cant Asotasi stay?

I think when Folkes says the cap is forcing a player that the Dogs developed out he really means, Asotasi has turned into a great player however we dont think he is worth as much as he thinks he is worth.

It is impossible unless Maitua is on a million a year for Asotasi to be unaffordable. The Bulldogs just are not willing to pay his price.

Do you think he will end up at Bondi or Redfern?

wyongguy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i can't see how we can't afford at least one of them, unless of course as you say they are asking more than what we think they are worth, judging by the interview i just saw asotasi do i'd say his gone

theFAT

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree he is gone but on Ten News Folkes was blaming the cap when it cant be the cap. It has to be his $400K price tag

H

Haztrick

I can't see who where going to loose Tonga, Asotasi and Myles.. Reni must have signed for more than 900k a year for us not to be able to keep ATLEAST 2 of Tonga, Myles and Asotasi.

craig

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
dogs should try harder for roy than tonga

the bulldogs should be focusing more on retaining asotasi than willie tonga. willie has been injury prone for the last couple seasons and has hardly played a game.
roy rarely gets injured and always plays, plus when our guys are out in origin time we rely on our big kiwi forwards to get the job done. in the forward department with our lower grade guys isnt very flash and we wouldnt be regarded as having one of the best packs in the comp.

roy is one of the toughest best forwards in the game and id rather him then spending fortune on tonga anyday

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
definatley roy, not sure about tonga. but roy is asking for to much

richie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if we can afford roy yes say 300 near top
he has great go forward and( defence)
, something not alot of people take into account and is very mobile for a prop
but i think he is gone will get big money else were
there are still good centres around

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The thing is we aint retaining either, Tonga has refused again and Roy although one of the clubs bests has been forced to leave

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
If Roy is being offered 400+ at Souths I say good luck to him

Like Folkesy said, his been under paid the last few years, so he deserves to get a chunk load of the South Salary Cap :D

wyongguy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
id say that the club accepts that they are gone so is concentrating on other players, it does give you the SH*** though, salary cap increased and we still can't afford them

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
Shame to lose Roy but good luck to the next team that pays big dollars to Tonga. He seems to be on the decline. Hasn't had a great game since he abused Hodges 2 years ago IMO

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
has the cap incraeased to 4mill? I cant b sure. If it has increased from 3.25 to 4 million (ie750,000K) doesnt make sense we cant keep some these blokes!- really looks like we will be losing Tonga, Roy (due 2 money), and Myles mainly due 2 no starting 2nd row position

polecat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
unfortunately we need centres, otherwise
i would say roy every time. if tonga is asking 2 much
let him go and sign millard from saints or another youngster.
as ive stated before; phelps is not of 1st grade standard and
never will be, this is the only reason why we should keep Tonga
what annoys me is other clubs do NOT seem to be under the same cap
restraints as us.

Status
Not open for further replies.