Members Forum

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It's simple: Okay Knights you can have Klemmer... on the provision you release Ponga, Watson, and one of either Tex Hoy or Hayden Loughrey. .... if not... wait till 2020 or beyond.

Knowing our dumb ***** at DumbCuntsHQ, they'll probably do a trade for the Mata'utia's and Jamie Buhrer.

I searched for it on Twitter and found this I have no idea what it really means.View attachment 7958
It means we are fucking gutless.

The club need to do this:
You signed a contract for $xxx,xxx and that's how much you are getting paid. If you want to go to the Knights you can, from the end of 2020 season. IF we can find some money to upgrade your contract before then we will, but you will not be getting granted a release and we expect you to put in 100% effort every game.

All new recruits were ecstatic and looking forward to rip in the preseason.

Klemmer situation is "delicate"

Backstage rumblings were;
Klemmer gone
Foran gone for Fonua-Blake
If Forans gone and Klemmer ... we're fucked.

Put the house on Bulldogs for the spoon in 2019.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we release him I'd want some players in compensation with the bulk of their wages being paid out of Newcastle salary cap. This would be ideal for us really as top class forwards are great but far from being what we need moving forward. Klemmer seems to have gotten upset that his boyfriend was on more than him which is a fuckup from the previous board, no doubt caused by the pressure they were under to keep their jobs.

At the end of the day a better hooker than we have will improve the quality of performance of the rest of our pack. If we swapped out Lichaa into the deal through this and got a better prospect in to replace him I'd be happy. He can try to play the hero with the occasional good dummy half run while neglecting to improve his passes elsewhere. But if I was in charge of our club we'd be getting players in compensation from Newcastle with them paying most of the wages on top of paying overs for a prop who lifts his aggression for every origin or international game. He is a hard worker at club level but an absolute beast in rep games. That has always been my biggest gripe about him. I hate Napa on many levels but he plays hard every game and would be welcome for that reason alone despite being a huge grub. But the club needs to free cap space and Newcastle would have to send us at least one good back or spine player that they're paying for 2 seasons if they want Klemmer or he would be here next year if the decision was mine to make.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Didn't Newcastle just sign Jessie Ramien from the Sharks. Good up and coming centre.
I would negotiate him for $300k which still leaves us with $700k in cap money to buy a quality prop.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Cant argue with that. Hill is a massive softcock

Grahame Hughes as CEO would be a massive move forward
Hill doesnt fill me with confidence. The remainder of the board are true bulldogs thru n thru and you can see they have a plan and the best interests of the club.

People just dont understand that a problem like this cannot be fixed overnight. It also does not help when you have idiots like Ray Dib feeding trolls like Rothfield with that rubbish which was written up about Jaycar amongst other things.

Grahame Hughes as CEO would complete the entire board. The man is well spoken, very well respected across rugby league and extremely intelligent

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
But I like Hill what ever he says you just know he is talking out of his ass :grinning:

WestBeast

Peyow Peyow
Reaction score
Na I want him gone too, the damage is done.

I meant in compensation wise, usually we serve up our players on platinum platters, this time the ball is ours and should trade like for like.

Knights can give us Ponga or get fucked, Roosters can give us Manu and Ranga or get fucked.

I don't believe this personal issue bullshit, the only personal issue is the extra 400k the snake **** wants.

We are a business, not a charity for greedy *****. Our way or the highway, like the REAL Bulldogs were.

PS no harm in him rotting in the reserves, if he fucks around, drop the ****. Release him in 2020 after we line up an elite player.
I don’t rate cogger but the knights refused to release him early

WestBeast

Peyow Peyow
Reaction score
Didn't Newcastle just sign Jessie Ramien from the Sharks. Good up and coming centre.
I would negotiate him for $300k which still leaves us with $700k in cap money to buy a quality prop.
He moved there for his kid , good player

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
All new recruits were ecstatic and looking forward to rip in the preseason.

Klemmer situation is "delicate"

Backstage rumblings were;
Klemmer gone
Andrew Hill advised they were working with Dave and his manager trying to resolve his issues. What they specifically are was obviously not discussed. He said that they still have one spot available in the top 30, and two spots available in the development squad. It was advised that the NRL have changed the rules for 2019 and development players are now available for first grade.

The Club have appointed a General Manager of Junior League and he said his focus will be increasing participation. He announced that there are in the final stages of developing a Bulldogs Academy which will allow junior coaches and gifted players access to the high performance unit at Belmore. A new high performance coach and new skills coach were introduced.
The new players were all introduced.
Thanks for the updates guys. Bit sad more wasn't talked about, but not much you can do in an hour, especially when a lot of that time would have been taken up by introducing new players (I assume).

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ramien is a gun. If we release Klemmer 2 years early I’d expect Newcastle to pay Ramiens salary for us for 2 years. Take it or leave it

Bring on Robbo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Andrew Hill advised they were working with Dave and his manager trying to resolve his issues. What they specifically are was obviously not discussed. He said that they still have one spot available in the top 30, and two spots available in the development squad. It was advised that the NRL have changed the rules for 2019 and development players are now available for first grade.

The Club have appointed a General Manager of Junior League and he said his focus will be increasing participation. He announced that there are in the final stages of developing a Bulldogs Academy which will allow junior coaches and gifted players access to the high performance unit at Belmore. A new high performance coach and new skills coach were introduced.
The new players were all introduced.
Who is the new High Performance Manager?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Ramien is a gun. If we release Klemmer 2 years early I’d expect Newcastle to pay Ramiens salary for us for 2 years. Take it or leave it
Knights can give us Ramien, Ponga, and Hayden Loughrey or Tex Hoy (their choice), else fuck off and wait till Klemmer is off contract.

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This will actually be a decent trade, we get a legit monster forward and get rid of Forans risky overpriced contract.

Rumours AFB was wanting out of Manly before they signed Des.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
This will actually be a decent trade, we get a legit monster forward and get rid of Forans risky overpriced contract.

Rumours AFB was wanting out of Manly before they signed Des.
and our halves situation?

Incase you didn't watch Cogger last season, he was absolute trash.

So unless we want:
Lewis & JMK
Lewis & Brown
Lewis & Cogger

Keeping Foran is a must.

Knights screwed us already with Cogger (because they have Loughrey and Hoy coming through the grades who are absolute guns). Jury still out on Meaney but they've got a young bloke (Cooper iirc) who is looking very good as well.

Clubs don't let go of good players (unless that club is the Bulldogs).

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
and our halves situation?

Incase you didn't watch Cogger last season, he was absolute trash.

So unless we want:
Lewis & JMK
Lewis & Brown
Lewis & Cogger

Keeping Foran is a must.

Knights screwed us already with Cogger (because they have Loughrey and Hoy coming through the grades who are absolute guns). Jury still out on Meaney but they've got a young bloke (Cooper iirc) who is looking very good as well.

Clubs don't let go of good players (unless that club is the Bulldogs).
We’re fucked bro, we’re fucked. The most concerning thing is...Pay actually thinks the halves options you have mentioned are a realistic option. I repeat we’re fucked bro. I was so looking forward to next season, now I wanna hide under my bed in round 1. Just appalling...How can our board think they are doing well? Do they really not realise how unqualified and incompetent they are to hold such an important and influential position at our club. They are just to amatureish to navigate the vessel through the storm.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Someone (and I can't recall who) told me about 6 months ago we were getting Ayoub back.... kudos to the poster.

We've brought him in to coach Lichaa haven't we :D
Mate, Ayoub is a true gentlemen. He’s the best physio/conditioner in the business.

I’ve been to his practice many times in the past. I had a crook back once.

His partner and close friend Peter Moussa who’s the physio for the tigers is another champion bloke who I know very well.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Someone (and I can't recall who) told me about 6 months ago we were getting Ayoub back.... kudos to the poster.

We've brought him in to coach Lichaa haven't we :D
I don’t think anyone can coach Lichaa to pass left to right...lol