Members Forum

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There trying, but I don’t think have any idea. You can’t be the leader of a club and decide never will we do TPA’s again. It’s like owning a club and not having pokie machines...there’s just no platform for success. The good players WILL NOT come to a team that doesn’t butter their pockets, when they have an option to go to a team that does. The board are trying to live on the back of the “family club” history and are getting stuck in a nostalgic state. The world has moved on, the players and coaches are not similar beings as they once were. Assimilate to the current times, or get left behind for good.

They need to get a realistic grip on the world and how it operates today.
The club have only said they will never do back ended contracts again they never said they will never do TPAs again.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's just talks at the moment. A lot of things have to happen first before anything eventuates.
But I can tell you the board have a hit list. If Klemmer goes we'll pounce on someone or something. We're not bending over like we did in the past.
Do you know who’s genuinely on the hit list?

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ok no worries
The reason why the club haven't announced anyone is because no one has been signed up yet, apart from the new recruits.
What the club are trying to do is pounce on good deals, players who are contracted getting squeezed out from other clubs, that way we can pick them up on the cheap and maybe pay only part of their salaries.
The board have a hit list, but they are very tight lipped about it and kudos to them, loose lips sink ships...lol
We know one player on their radar is Ramien, but that only depends on the Klemmer situation.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you mean? I’m not following
Ben Hannant needed to move closer to his family in SEQ mid-contract. Between either Titans or Broncos. Ended up Broncos. The trade included ~1,500 seats for Bulldogs fans reserved at Suncorp for x years for the Bulldogs games played there. Negotiated by Todd CEO at the time. Don't even think they were filled. We would have had reserved AWAY team section anyway!
>I believe @dogwhisperer was eluding to this being a pathetic outcome in terms of compensation for Bulldogs "thats what you call bending over"
Apologies @dogwhisperer if I've misunderstood.

~c.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ben Hannant needed to move closer to his family in SEQ mid-contract. Between either Titans or Broncos. Ended up Broncos. The trade included ~1,500 seats for Bulldogs fans reserved at Suncorp for x years for the Bulldogs games played there. Negotiated by Todd CEO at the time. Don't even think they were filled. We would have had reserved AWAY team section anyway!
>I believe @dogwhisperer was eluding to this being a pathetic outcome in terms of compensation for Bulldogs "thats what you call bending over"

~c.
That's correct Lov_Dog. And guess who was on the football club board back then? Yep, you guessed it Dib and Chairman I believe was Peponis.
These guys have been screwing us over for years. People have short memories.
All people have to think about is how much pain and agony we've been through over the last ten years and work out who was in charge at the club.
I rest my case.

Last edited:

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

~c.
I have no response other than “lol” directed to the board.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just repeating what I said before. Just stay calm. Things are under control.
Just because you dont hear much from the board, I can assure you that things are happening.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just repeating what I said before. Just stay calm. Things are under control.
Just because you dont hear much from the board, I can assure you that things are happening.
Is this a gut feeling or confirmation from someone in the know?