Melbourne riot/protest

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I am amazed that in the age of technology. The video quality is so damn poor abd there is no sound. Why is this?
Channel 9 has a better quality version of the video. I heard one with audio and it's basically just the person recording saying, "oooh, shit"

It is weird that people seem to deliberately make the video worse. Watching the good quality version, you still can't see the bloke doing anything wrong. It could be out of context. Maybe the guy was saying he had a gun or something, so they were being cautious. But it looks like he was just standing there.

They had that other video where the SOG cops in camo jumped out of the car and took the guy to the ground. If you watch the video, the person recording looks away then goes back just before they jump out of the car.

Turns out the one recording was in on it. They looked away then the guy threw a bottle at the car, then they started recording him again to make it look like its just police being thugs.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That's fair enough, but it also shows these protests are not the majority
Yep. There's millions of tradies and construction workers in Victoria. This is only a small portion and at least a small portion of the protesters would be non-construction/non-tradies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
That’s crazy ….. imagine being such a dog that you bash two blokes with 30 of your mates …. Regardless of nationality, it’s just terrible
I know.

I remember the Cronulla Riots started out as a peaceful day or pride. It didn't take long for things to get out of hand.

F**k me, even pride has a different meaning these days.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Those who have less knowledge about what they're talking about, are more likely to chant about it. The ones who have no idea about the basics of their own immune system, and have no idea about how vaccines work, are the ones who will loudly preach to people about vaccination.

It's an unfortunate stain on humanity when you see how there is so little trust for the experts that people will believe a random idiot on social media over the millions of scientists, doctors and medical professionals who have spent most of their lives studying this stuff.
It is really tricky to get a good chant going among a group of people who know that what is being chanted about is nuanced and needs to be qualified by other information...