Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't get this one

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But people are getting carried away when they want constant updates on every little detail about signing Reserve Graders and train and trial players.. If everyone keeps bombarding him, then he might stop tweeting as much.
He's a bored attention whore, he can't stay away long. He was teasing about signing news early in the week and then played a cringe worthy game of shooting down wrong guesses and ignoring the correct ones.

And like I said in another thread earlier, he got stuck into a fan a few weeks ago after Elliot was sacked when they inquired about signings saying he was like his missuz and has to spend money the second they get it and was preaching patience. Then they go and sign 3 injury ridden fringe first graders within weeks.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those of u wondering what this bloke is like,think jack heatheringtons twin,plays very hard and doesn’t take a backward step,unfortunately had a serious injury early this year,and hasn’t played a lot of footy,but if he can steer clear of injury will be a good addition to our team.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's a bored attention whore, he can't stay away long. He was teasing about signing news early in the week and then played a cringe worthy game of shooting down wrong guesses and ignoring the correct ones.

And like I said in another thread earlier, he got stuck into a fan a few weeks ago after Elliot was sacked when they inquired about signings saying he was like his missuz and has to spend money the second they get it and was preaching patience. Then they go and sign 3 injury ridden fringe first graders within weeks.
You're right in that he loves to be on Twitter and wouldn't be able to stay away from it for long. He tweets more than a Kardashian

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope im proven wrong but dont rate this signing at all reeks of plodder
I've never seen the bloke play but even if he's a plodder he's a depth signing so he's not supposed to play FG unless we get screwed with injuries

The problem we've had over the last few years is that most of our plodders were in the 17 every week. Next year the only plodder that might get a run in our best 17 is JMK so that's a big improvement

One day we might be able to assemble a top 30 with only 1 or 2 plodders in it but we're probably a few years away from that as we need to wait for our gun juniors to develop

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
For those of u wondering what this bloke is like,think jack heatheringtons twin,plays very hard and doesn’t take a backward step,unfortunately had a serious injury early this year,and hasn’t played a lot of footy,but if he can steer clear of injury will be a good addition to our team.
Nothing like Jack Hetherington lmao.

King is mud.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing like Jack Hetherington lmao.

King is mud.
With josh Jackson heatherington was one of our best performed players,when he was on the field,he’s young and has huge wraps on him,including our man Gus,who loved the way he took on warrea Hargreaves.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've never seen the bloke play but even if he's a plodder he's a depth signing so he's not supposed to play FG unless we get screwed with injuries

The problem we've had over the last few years is that most of our plodders were in the 17 every week. Next year the only plodder that might get a run in our best 17 is JMK so that's a big improvement

One day we might be able to assemble a top 30 with only 1 or 2 plodders in it but we're probably a few years away from that as we need to wait for our gun juniors to develop
Good point

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We have an acute shortage of props. If these young guys can develop, surely they can make the move to the NRL.
Max King has good Rugby League DNA. He's the grandson of the great Johnny King.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't get this one
It takes 30 players to fill an NRL fulltime squad & the salary cap doesn't allow you to have all 30 superstars (unless your the Rorters).

You need cheap back up to fill a spot if injuries & suspension strike.

I'm guessing this fella would have been cheap as chips with first grade experience at a strong club with the best fitness regime.

Worth a shot for 1 year I guess.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hetherington should start on an edge next year and I'm optimistic that he'll be successful there.
TPJ and Jackson are better suited as middle forwards.
Doorey is recovering from an ACL injury.
Topine is very promising but inexperienced.
Stuckey is on a reserve grade contract and yet to debut.
Stimson went ok on an edge in the last couple of rounds but he's a plodder, can't see him being re-signed for 2023.
Waddell was disappointing this year and is a bench option at best.
RFM is the other edge option and is also coming off injury.
If all goes well, I'd like to see a starting pack of:

Thompson
JMK
Vaughan
Hetherington
RFM
Jackson

BBO
TPJ
Ava Seumanufagai
Topine
You would seriously play TPJ off the bench??

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon if they can't pick up an NRL top 30 contract elsewhere then they will. Signed up to Reserves, although I believe Ogden's best days are ahead of him.
I tend to think Ogden copped a bit of a raw deal, never did anything wrong he was solid imo but Barrett clearly didn’t like him or atoni, we don’t see them every day at training etc so i trust there were reasons

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It takes 30 players to fill an NRL fulltime squad & the salary cap doesn't allow you to have all 30 superstars (unless your the Rorters).

You need cheap back up to fill a spot if injuries & suspension strike.

I'm guessing this fella would have been cheap as chips with first grade experience at a strong club with the best fitness regime.

Worth a shot for 1 year I guess.
Yeah sure, but what role does King fill? What need does he cover, other than being cheap? Was there no one else who'd take a minimum contract who would be a better fit for our needs? Tolman for instance?

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You would seriously play TPJ off the bench??
Yeah I think so.
Thompson's best form in England came off a quick ptb after an Alex Wamsley run. I can see Vaughan and Thompson working well as a starting front row pair in this regard. After that 20 minute mark once Vaughan starts to get gassed, TPJ comes on and opens the game up with his strong carries and offloads. He'd still be on the field for 50-60 minutes and he gets to come on against fatigued opposition.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
King is a worker. Adds some mongrel with good size and decent leg speed. With more minutes I think he can turn out decent numbers - definitely better that the front rowers he replaces.

Gould likes a bet and in King and Burns we have picked up a couple of guys that through injury haven't yet realised their potential. If they play injury free they are good value upgrades on the players they replaced.

Last edited: