Max King

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He’s had 11 surgeries in his career already why is Gus working fans up.
Same with Burns injuries galore

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He’s had 11 surgeries in his career already why is Gus working fans up.
Same with Burns injuries galore
King has had 11 surgeries? Wow that's insane for such a young player. It will be a train and trial or Reserve Grade deal, so if he doesn't work out then he can easily be let go.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
As a depth signing its not too bad, still young for a forward, 50 games played, been in the Storm system though coming off a long term injury.
I'd have preferred signing an edge forward for depth though.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a depth signing its not too bad, still young for a forward, 50 games played, been in the Storm system though coming off a long term injury.
I'd have preferred signing an edge forward for depth though.
You don’t think between Hetherington, TPJ, Jackson, Doorey, Topine, Stuckey, Stimson and Waddell we have enough coverage in the edge forwards?

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You don’t think between Hetherington, TPJ, Jackson, Doorey, Topine, Stuckey, Stimson and Waddell we have enough coverage in the edge forwards?
Hetherington should start on an edge next year and I'm optimistic that he'll be successful there.
TPJ and Jackson are better suited as middle forwards.
Doorey is recovering from an ACL injury.
Topine is very promising but inexperienced.
Stuckey is on a reserve grade contract and yet to debut.
Stimson went ok on an edge in the last couple of rounds but he's a plodder, can't see him being re-signed for 2023.
Waddell was disappointing this year and is a bench option at best.
RFM is the other edge option and is also coming off injury.
If all goes well, I'd like to see a starting pack of:

Thompson
JMK
Vaughan
Hetherington
RFM
Jackson

BBO
TPJ
Ava Seumanufagai
Topine

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Hetherington should start on an edge next year and I'm optimistic that he'll be successful there.
TPJ and Jackson are better suited as middle forwards.
Doorey is recovering from an ACL injury.
Topine is very promising but inexperienced.
Stuckey is on a reserve grade contract and yet to debut.
Stimson went ok on an edge in the last couple of rounds but he's a plodder, can't see him being re-signed for 2023.
Waddell was disappointing this year and is a bench option at best.
RFM is the other edge option and is also coming off injury.
If all goes well, I'd like to see a starting pack of:

Thompson
JMK
Vaughan
Hetherington
RFM
Jackson

BBO
TPJ
Ava Seumanufagai
Topine
Hurray at least someone can see the logic and can count as well, bonus.

For NRL and NSW Cup teams we need between 42 and 45 players, which may or may not include development players. Obviously 30 of those will be on NRL Contracts and the rest will be on NSW RL Contracts. Some will be on Train and Trial Contracts. I wouldn't be getting too hung up on who is in the 30 and who isn't until the season starts, plenty may well be cut before then.

However I do not agree that Stimson is a plodder, he has bad run with injuries but now over them hopefully he can continue the good from he displayed towards the end of the season. I am not writing him off.

FWIW I haven't heard that Doorey has even had the ACL surgery, let alone is "recovering" from it. There was other injured ligaments and a bruised meniscus which would have slowed down the surgery.

Always a Bulldog

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Max King to join the Bulldogs for next season

The Bulldogs have continued to finalise their NRL squad for the 2022 season, with the signing of Storm back-rower, Max King, on a one year deal.

The 24 year-old has been part of the Storm set-up for the past two seasons, playing in 12 matches during that period, after joining the club from the Gold Coast Titans in 2019.

Originally from Maitland, King comes from a strong rugby league family, with his Great-Grandfather - Cec (Rabbitohs), Grandfather - Johnny (St George) and Father - David (Gold Coast Seagulls), all playing the game at the top level.

With 50 NRL appearances now under his belt, Bulldogs Chief Executive, Aaron Warburton, believes that King will be a major acquisition for 2022:

"We have worked really hard in recent months to find the right blend of players to take us to the next level in terms of performance, and we believe that Max will be a tremendous addition for us.

Having come to us from the Melbourne Storm, he will bring the sort of winning mentality that we are looking to create here at Belmore, and I know that he is excited to get a chance to remind everyone of his ability.

With the additions of Tevita Pangai Junior, Paul Vaughan, John Asiata and Josh Cook for next season, we believe that Max can add to the leadership within our forward pack."

Source

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Gus really talked up this Max King dude haha

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
[QUOTE="Spoonman84, post: 4175394, memb

So we are signing some talented but risky (injuries) players.

High ceiling low floor types.

I prefer this to plodders.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
In Gus we trust.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
A lot of one year deals. Seems like 2023 will be when we make some big movements.
I don't think we have much value off contract then, RFM, Stimson and Vaughan are the only ones of value off contract.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t mind this at all, one year deals are perfect for fringe first graders not making the same mistake we did with guys like Stimson it gives us a chance to find a diamond in the rough or move on without consequence also like signing players from good systems can’t wait for next year