Max King

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably because tonnes of our fans stalk him on Twitter and ask him for updates on his bowel movements.
He replies to nearly every question. Why wouldn't fans ask him what they want to know?
Fans having a go at other fans for asking questions haha.
Are you embarrassed by this or something? Why does it bother you so much?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A lot of one year deals. Seems like 2023 will be when we make some big movements.
Or, 1 year deals until we find a core group of players that are good for the culture. Those who do a good job both on and off the field in their one year get a longer contract.

Should be standard policy for 75% of signings. The exceptions being players like Burton and JAC.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He replies to nearly every question. Why wouldn't fans ask him what they want to know?
Fans having a go at other fans for asking questions haha.
Are you embarrassed by this or something? Why does it bother you so much?
He gets dozens of tweets a day asking him about whether every story or rumour is true.. Like I said, it's good that he keeps us all informed...

But people are getting carried away when they want constant updates on every little detail about signing Reserve Graders and train and trial players.. If everyone keeps bombarding him, then he might stop tweeting as much.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
your dying to bag him already i'm quite certain :laughing:
It's not like he's a bad player, but him, Burns and Asiata have all been seriously impacted by injury so I wouldn't be surprised if our "depth" is gone within a month lol.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's not like he's a bad player, but him, Burns and Asiata have all been seriously impacted by injury so I wouldn't be surprised if our "depth" is gone within a month lol.
Well yeh i see your point little worrying the long layoff and 11 surgeries mentioned farrrkk? suppose only 1 year and has ability so IF stays sound is good depth and maybe is a better style of player than the likes of Stimson/Waddell? These guys remaining fit will determine as much as ability if there decent acquisitions..

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So basically all signs say we are aiming for the top.

Penriff (Grand finalists) Close to half our squad either came from Penriff, or were juniors there, and Flanno is the next Cleary.
Souffs (Grand finalists) Allen is our next rockstar fullback, and Cook is our next rockstar hooker, and Flanno is the next Reynolds
Strom (Top 4 team) We are getting JAC+King from them, they have the winningest culture and we are stealing it, and Flanno is the next Hughes
Chooks (Top 5 team even with injuries) We are going to replicate their never say die attitude in the face of losing half the squad to injuries and early retirements. Flanno is the next Keary.

It worked for all of them, it will work for us.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Well yeh i see your point little worrying the long layoff and 11 surgeries mentioned farrrkk? suppose only 1 year and has ability so IF stays sound is good depth and maybe is a better style of player than the likes of Stimson/Waddell? These guys remaining fit will determine as much as ability if there decent acquisitions..
Half our squads basically at high risk of getting injured of suspended lol. I guess we're just making do with what's there, banking on getting lucky and a couple of youngsters kicking on.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gus loves to talk up the nobody's and keeps quiet on those with talent for fear of putting too much pressure on them.

So if gus talks up some kid, you know he's average..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So basically all signs say we are aiming for the top.

Penriff (Grand finalists) Close to half our squad either came from Penriff, or were juniors there, and Flanno is the next Cleary.
Souffs (Grand finalists) Allen is our next rockstar fullback, and Cook is our next rockstar hooker, and Flanno is the next Reynolds
Strom (Top 4 team) We are getting JAC+King from them, they have the winningest culture and we are stealing it, and Flanno is the next Hughes
Chooks (Top 5 team even with injuries) We are going to replicate their never say die attitude in the face of losing half the squad to injuries and early retirements. Flanno is the next Keary.

It worked for all of them, it will work for us.
You've nailed it, I have nothing more to add.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will Ogden and Christian be at the dogs next year?
I reckon if they can't pick up an NRL top 30 contract elsewhere then they will. Signed up to Reserves, although I believe Ogden's best days are ahead of him.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hurray at least someone can see the logic and can count as well, bonus.

For NRL and NSW Cup teams we need between 42 and 45 players, which may or may not include development players. Obviously 30 of those will be on NRL Contracts and the rest will be on NSW RL Contracts. Some will be on Train and Trial Contracts. I wouldn't be getting too hung up on who is in the 30 and who isn't until the season starts, plenty may well be cut before then.

However I do not agree that Stimson is a plodder, he has bad run with injuries but now over them hopefully he can continue the good from he displayed towards the end of the season. I am not writing him off.

FWIW I haven't heard that Doorey has even had the ACL surgery, let alone is "recovering" from it. There was other injured ligaments and a bruised meniscus which would have slowed down the surgery.

Always a Bulldog
Stimson did go ok in the last couple of rounds playing predominantly on the edge.
At Melbourne he had some decent form too.
He's probably a bit slow for a first grade edge forward now days but would be happy to be proven wrong.
You're correct on Doorey, I think Gus tweeted something along those lines recently, I was referring to the start of the 2022 season in regards to player availability.