Social Media Matt Lodge

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes we need grunt but we also need good players. Aside from having a dodgy past, Lodge has been ordinary on the field for years and bounced around to a few different clubs for a reason. It would be a desperation signing to get him. Even if he cost nothing I'd rather give a younger player a chance.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If you are saying no to Lodge then you also forfeit your right to cry about our lack of props or go forward

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are saying no to Lodge then you also forfeit your right to cry about our lack of props or go forward
I will support the club no matter how many games we win.

I won't support a bloke who terrorised children. Everyone deserves a second chance , but he can have it doing something else or somewhere else.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I dont feel lodge is the answer to be honest especially if we are forking out 700 or 800k a season
He wouldn’t be anywhere near that. I reckon he’d be lucky to get 300k now

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He wouldn’t be anywhere near that. I reckon he’d be lucky to get 300k now
He just said he's on a reduced deal and can't stay on a reduced deal forever... sounds like he literally looking for a pay day.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
He just said he's on a reduced deal and can't stay on a reduced deal forever... sounds like he literally looking for a pay day.
Good luck. He’s been shit and he’s a got a fucked reputation. He was on mega $ at warriors. He isn’t worth mega $ and the broncos and warriors paid that and it’s over. He is a big body with some **** in him only positive he has going for his game at moment.

He isn’t starting at majority of clubs.

LucasFitzo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I wish our recruitment was better and we wouldn't be in a position where we are talking to Lodge, but here we are.
There’s literally no one else off contract who’s half decent for this amount of money. If they got Sele, Lodge, Xerri and Hunt that would be stylish. Maybe chuck in another forward who gets pushed out before 24 then that’s a much greater position to be in than RN.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There’s literally no one else off contract who’s half decent for this amount of money. If they got Sele, Lodge, Xerri and Hunt that would be stylish. Maybe chuck in another forward who gets pushed out before 24 then that’s a much greater position to be in than RN.
He's not half decent though, he might be 1/64th decent and that's probably a stretch.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Bulldogs' coach Cameron Ciraldo has held talks with Matt Lodge with the former Broncos bad boy forced out of the Roosters at season’s end.
Telegraph Sport

Former Broncos prop Matt Lodge is exploring every option to continue his career in the NRL after having secret talks with the Bulldogs.
Sport Confidential can reveal Lodge met last week with Canterbury coach Cameron Ciraldo, who is keen to bolster his forward stocks in his mission to revive the Bulldogs as a premiership powerhouse.

The Roosters recently advised Lodge they cannot afford to keep him under the salary cap next season, leaving the 28-year-old in NRL limbo.

Since linking with the Roosters late last season, Lodge has impressed with his form and clearly has the ability to play in the NRL, but finding another home is proving problematic.

While Ciraldo met with Lodge, there is no guarantee he will end up at Belmore.

It is understood the Bulldogs have yet to table a formal offer. Ciraldo was keen for a meet and greet with Lodge before making a definitive call on whether to bring the controversial prop into the Bulldogs’ kennel for 2024 and beyond.

Lodge has strong ties to Canterbury forward Tevita Pangai Jnr - the pair were former teammates at the Broncos before being offloaded by Brisbane coach Kevin Walters.

Lodge is one of the most polarising figures in the code and Ciraldo is mindful of the importance of dressing-room harmony as he looks to rebuild the Bulldogs as a finals contender.

A veteran of 109 NRL games, Lodge has had stints at five clubs and famously clashed with Warriors owner Mark Robinson last year, leading to his sudden exit from the Kiwi club.

Lodge has been linked with Manly, whose coach Anthony Seibold worked with him at the Broncos, after the prop confirmed a fortnight ago he will be leaving the Roosters at season’s end.

“I think I’ll be heading on at this point,” Lodge said.

“I’m just happy to play my role until whether it ends here at the end of the year or if it’s longer. I’ve enjoyed my time here and I am enjoying my time here so it’s good.

“I’m on a reduced (deal) but I can’t do that forever.

“I was probably under the assumption that I was going to stay longer when I did that, and we did speak about that, but the situation changed.”
Fkn Rorters make me sick and the media perpetuates the myth that Rorters have a salary cap by writing rubbish like "The Roosters recently advised Lodge they cannot afford to keep him under the salary cap next season"

You have to laugh when you read this sh*t.

The truth is that Rorters aren't losing Lodge to due to salary cap pressures. They have no salary cap and have never lost a single player they wanted to keep. They are showing Lodge the door because they don't want him.

Everyone has seen the same scenario unfold at Rorters many times before. Why pretend Rorters have a salary cap when every man and his dog knows they don't.

And the part that sh*ts me worst of all, Lodge himself said “I’m on a reduced (deal) but I can’t do that forever." But funnily enough when he leaves, it will magically free up enough money to pay for Dominic Young and Spencer Leniu (both international players). After that, there will be heaps of Lodge's salary left over to pick up Ben Hunt and another couple of internationals that may become available. And they would still have some cash left over after that.

FFS. Get real.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's made over 100 metres only 3 times in 9 games. Last game he had 3 errors, 2 missed tackles and a penalty in only 26 minutes. He's well past his best and is a dumb, error prone player that forces bad offloads.

sideswip

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why does Dylan Naper come to mind in this scenario , i think i heard Lodge is being paid by 3 different clubs at the moment.

EuroNymous

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why does Dylan Naper come to mind in this scenario , i think i heard Lodge is being paid by 3 different clubs at the moment.
Yeah the warriors paying big chunk of his wage currently

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
One thing we need to learn from the past is roosters don’t let go of people they want to keep.

They have screwed us with Flanno and Napa and we need to stop taking their players. If they aren’t good enough for them then they aren’t for us.

My gut tells he will end up with us because the market is dry and he’s better then what we have. We have missed chances and that’s going to cost us more years and being stuck with players being over paid.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Need to try get Hazleton to break his contract with Cronulla. Sign him and Eddie Blacker and forget about Lodge