Social Media Matt Lodge

LucasFitzo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bulldogs' coach Cameron Ciraldo has held talks with Matt Lodge with the former Broncos bad boy forced out of the Roosters at season’s end.
Telegraph Sport

Former Broncos prop Matt Lodge is exploring every option to continue his career in the NRL after having secret talks with the Bulldogs.
Sport Confidential can reveal Lodge met last week with Canterbury coach Cameron Ciraldo, who is keen to bolster his forward stocks in his mission to revive the Bulldogs as a premiership powerhouse.

The Roosters recently advised Lodge they cannot afford to keep him under the salary cap next season, leaving the 28-year-old in NRL limbo.

Since linking with the Roosters late last season, Lodge has impressed with his form and clearly has the ability to play in the NRL, but finding another home is proving problematic.

While Ciraldo met with Lodge, there is no guarantee he will end up at Belmore.

It is understood the Bulldogs have yet to table a formal offer. Ciraldo was keen for a meet and greet with Lodge before making a definitive call on whether to bring the controversial prop into the Bulldogs’ kennel for 2024 and beyond.

Lodge has strong ties to Canterbury forward Tevita Pangai Jnr - the pair were former teammates at the Broncos before being offloaded by Brisbane coach Kevin Walters.

Lodge is one of the most polarising figures in the code and Ciraldo is mindful of the importance of dressing-room harmony as he looks to rebuild the Bulldogs as a finals contender.

A veteran of 109 NRL games, Lodge has had stints at five clubs and famously clashed with Warriors owner Mark Robinson last year, leading to his sudden exit from the Kiwi club.

Lodge has been linked with Manly, whose coach Anthony Seibold worked with him at the Broncos, after the prop confirmed a fortnight ago he will be leaving the Roosters at season’s end.

“I think I’ll be heading on at this point,” Lodge said.

“I’m just happy to play my role until whether it ends here at the end of the year or if it’s longer. I’ve enjoyed my time here and I am enjoying my time here so it’s good.

“I’m on a reduced (deal) but I can’t do that forever.

“I was probably under the assumption that I was going to stay longer when I did that, and we did speak about that, but the situation changed.”

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's better than Waddell, Okunbor and Thompson all combined.

But the question is will he go to Manly or us?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We need a hard man but he’d better be on a short deal.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He's a plough and can bend the line...the other stuff is a concern...but let Gus worry about that. It's not like this is his return to league since his misdemeanours.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Jabba the Hutt brought him to the Warriors

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
One mistake? The bloke literally held a family hostage, we should already be against him :tearsofjoy:
Yeah, but is only one family. We all make mistakes and at least he didn't kill them. Nor rape ... as far as I know.

So, it should pass our no dickheads policy.