Social Media Matt Lodge

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
There's got to be a reason this bloke has been let go from his last 3 clubs...
But we desperately need someone like him in the middle.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bulldogs' coach Cameron Ciraldo has held talks with Matt Lodge with the former Broncos bad boy forced out of the Roosters at season’s end.
Telegraph Sport

Former Broncos prop Matt Lodge is exploring every option to continue his career in the NRL after having secret talks with the Bulldogs.
Sport Confidential can reveal Lodge met last week with Canterbury coach Cameron Ciraldo, who is keen to bolster his forward stocks in his mission to revive the Bulldogs as a premiership powerhouse.

The Roosters recently advised Lodge they cannot afford to keep him under the salary cap next season, leaving the 28-year-old in NRL limbo.

Since linking with the Roosters late last season, Lodge has impressed with his form and clearly has the ability to play in the NRL, but finding another home is proving problematic.

While Ciraldo met with Lodge, there is no guarantee he will end up at Belmore.

It is understood the Bulldogs have yet to table a formal offer. Ciraldo was keen for a meet and greet with Lodge before making a definitive call on whether to bring the controversial prop into the Bulldogs’ kennel for 2024 and beyond.

Lodge has strong ties to Canterbury forward Tevita Pangai Jnr - the pair were former teammates at the Broncos before being offloaded by Brisbane coach Kevin Walters.

Lodge is one of the most polarising figures in the code and Ciraldo is mindful of the importance of dressing-room harmony as he looks to rebuild the Bulldogs as a finals contender.

A veteran of 109 NRL games, Lodge has had stints at five clubs and famously clashed with Warriors owner Mark Robinson last year, leading to his sudden exit from the Kiwi club.

Lodge has been linked with Manly, whose coach Anthony Seibold worked with him at the Broncos, after the prop confirmed a fortnight ago he will be leaving the Roosters at season’s end.

“I think I’ll be heading on at this point,” Lodge said.

“I’m just happy to play my role until whether it ends here at the end of the year or if it’s longer. I’ve enjoyed my time here and I am enjoying my time here so it’s good.

“I’m on a reduced (deal) but I can’t do that forever.

“I was probably under the assumption that I was going to stay longer when I did that, and we did speak about that, but the situation changed.”
It must be a prank by The Daily Tellacrap :laughing:
I am predicting we must be close to signing some special player and The Tellacrap isn't happy :laughing:

PaxMaxi1980

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It must be a prank by The Daily Tellacrap :laughing:
I am predicting we must be close to signing some special player and The Tellacrap isn't happy :laughing:
Let’s hope so. The only thing good about Lodge is that if would be cheap. Big no from me!

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1 year, minimum wage and it'd be ok. Could bide us time until more talent comes on the market. He might be a fuckwit but at least he's a hard ****, which is something we need.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
(1) Lodge has strong ties to Canterbury forward Tevita Pangai Jnr - the pair were former teammates at the Broncos (2) before being offloaded by Brisbane coach Kevin Walters.
Both of these reasons should be a warning sign.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Let’s hope so. The only thing good about Lodge is that if would be cheap. Big no from me!
The Rorters took a gamble on him despite his dramas,
I don't think they would let go of him if he was any good...Too slow !

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There's got to be a reason this bloke has been let go from his last 3 clubs...
But we desperately need someone like him in the middle.
Yeh idk he played about 8 games in a row(was injured early in the season)and now dropped for next week.
Leniu signing is part of the reason I guess, not sure what else.
Robinson isn't the smartest tool in the shed ....

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need forwards but not this bloke. Can't forgive him for what he did to the family in New York. The guy is a cancer. Warriors paid his contract out on total to get rid of him. Rather cop a wooden spoon next season than supporting this bloke .

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What real choice do we have..

again we have missed opportunities and are left scraping for players and that’s on our recruitment or lack of it.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The amount of players we missed out on due to the no Dick head policy, now we take it to the extreme of the most extreme levels and we are interested in a piece of shit for a human being who should be in jail! If we sign the piece of shit, we should stop calling ourselves or promoting ourselves as the family club, no so called “family club” gets to a point of desperation where they’re signing this type of piece of shit for a human, I will stop watching until he has fucked off! There’s no way in the world I’m sitting there trying to justify to my kids why we sign a person who has terrorised an entire family which included young children! Absolutely disgusting!!

Last edited: