Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Update from @ASSASSIN via text message

"I have been having complications like usual, but like usual i am getting through it. Thanks for thinking about me you ****, lol"

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks for the update fellas.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Messaged Ed last night. He's feeling flat because he thinks he will need a pacemaker. Had a good chat. Told me he loved me and will stop whinging like a bitch lol

Thanks for the heads up. I could imagine him saying that too!

I am sure that I read somewhere that a feeling akin to depression can be a common thing in this situation, even AFTER the transplant . We sort of tend to forget that while he was as ill as he was, his stress levels would have been high and he would have been depressed then ( don't forget it was he who created the RUOK thread for just that reason) ; just because he has now had the transplant does not mean that he has no stress. Still a way to go for him but Ed I think has the patience to get through this ' flat spot' ,he just needs time.

He will deal with whatever comes his way and should it mean a pacemaker, so be it.

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. I could imagine him saying that too!

I am sure that I read somewhere that a feeling akin to depression can be a common thing in this situation, even AFTER the transplant . We sort of tend to forget that while he was as ill as he was, his stress levels would have been high and he would have been depressed then ( don't forget it was he who created the RUOK thread for just that reason) ; just because he has now had the transplant does not mean that he has no stress. Still a way to go for him but Ed I think has the patience to get through this ' flat spot' ,he just needs time.

He will deal with whatever comes his way and should it mean a pacemaker, so be it.
Something I was told by doctors years ago when my daughter went through open heart surgery.
Something happens when they physically handle the heart - dogluva hit on it with the depression - feeling flat comments.
The doctors told me it can take up to 12 months for the patient to balance out again after having their heart handled by the surgeons.
So I guess my message to Ed is to expect some ups and downs and treat them with the same determination to come through this as you have done up to now.
IF you know things are going to get a bit rocky now and then - well - perhaps you can get through tem just a little better.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Hey *****...(and Ladies)

I had my daily concrete milkshake and I'm back on track, thanks to some of my boys on here and their msgs.

With or without a pacemaker I'm getting my old but improved nickname back....

TANK 2.0.

I wish there was a phrase stronger than thank you to say to you all.

Miss you mia Familia...

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Hey *****...(and Ladies)

I had my daily concrete milkshake and I'm back on track, thanks to some of my boys on here and their msgs.

TANK 2.0.

Miss you mia Familia...
Good to hear everything is going well , by the sound of things you might be back before round 1 and you can replace tolman lol.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey *****...(and Ladies)

TANK 2.0.

Miss you mia Familia...

wait, you are saying you were actually @Tank

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hey *****...(and Ladies)
Mate, nobody will begrudge you for having an off day... But remember only a month or two back things were really dire, and you were talking about being in "jail" for a long time until a new heart came along.

I recall days you simply were ready to give up, and felt it was the end.

This is just new beginnings mate, and pacemaker or no pacemaker, you've got yourself a healthy heart and have all the rest of your life to look forwards to ... doing what you want with who you want.

Plenty of lost time to make up I'm sure, but this new heart comes at a time your kids are still kids, so you can enjoy their childhood as a healthy happy father :grinning:

I believe the only phrase strong than "thank you" is ..

"Thanks *****"

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
wait, you are saying you were actually @Tank
That was my on field nickname which came with me off field into my bouncing days lol

I was a raging bull made out of titanium who would look for the biggest strongest badest **** to try to knock the fuck out lol

Then I settled the fuck down and only reacted to fights, not instigate them lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Mate, nobody will begrudge you for having an off day... But remember only a month or two back things were really dire, and you were talking about being in "jail" for a long time until a new heart came along.

I recall days you simply were ready to give up, and felt it was the end.

This is just new beginnings mate, and pacemaker or no pacemaker, you've got yourself a healthy heart and have all the rest of your life to look forwards to ... doing what you want with who you want.

Plenty of lost time to make up I'm sure, but this new heart comes at a time your kids are still kids, so you can enjoy their childhood as a healthy happy father :grinning:

I believe the only phrase strong than "thank you" is ..

"Thanks *****"
THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY NEW MAORI HEART, *****!

I can finally follow my heart and openly follow my beloved All Blacks and no **** can open their mouth lol

Love ASSASSIN AKA The crazy Russian, Lebo, Iraqi, Assyrian with a Coconut heart.

CHUR BRO!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Assassin has been Assassinated 12th January 2017. RIP.

TANK 2.0 was born 12th January 2017.

Watch the fuck out world! I plan to be the the World's Strongest Transplant Patient.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Assassin has been Assassinated 12th January 2017. RIP.

TANK 2.0 was born 12th January 2017.

Watch the fuck out world! I plan to be the the World's Strongest Transplant Patient.
well not tipping a load for so long you kegs must be 225kg .make sure when you get that shot away you tie a bungee cord to your helmet and tie off to something. or you may just end up pulling yourself through your own arsehole and be the first inside out mother fucker walking around. hahahaa
i sensing your spirits are up and its great to fucking see

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
well not tipping a load for so long you kegs must be 225kg .make sure when you get that shot away you tie a bungee cord to your helmet and tie off to something. or you may just end up pulling yourself through your own arsehole and be the first inside out mother fucker walking around. hahahaa
i sensing your spirits are up and its great to fucking see
Fucking lol brother.

Yeah spirits are on the way back up, I'm a joker ****, gotta keep joking.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey *****...(and Ladies)

TANK 2.0.

Miss you mia Familia...
Love it!!!! Keep the good fight going!!! :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.