Keep Assassin Smiling - Get Well Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That was my on field nickname which came with me off field into my bouncing days lol

I was a raging bull made out of titanium who would look for the biggest strongest badest **** to try to knock the fuck out lol

Then I settled the fuck down and only reacted to fights, not instigate them lol
My nickname on the footy field was.. 'Wally'.. as in 'Where's Wally?'..yeah when it got tough on the field I went missing and everyone started looking for me..! :-)

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
My nickname on the footy field was.. 'Wally'.. as in 'Where's Wally?'..yeah when it got tough on the field I went missing and everyone started looking for me..! :grinning:
Don't worry brother, one day we will have a run on the field together, just feed me the ball and follow the bull....

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't worry brother, one day we will have a run on the field together, just feed me the ball and follow the bull....
Can I play too??? Lol .... man I miss the contact. I use to love taking that first run of the game from the kick off .... i think I'm getting some movement haha

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Can I play too??? Lol .... man I miss the contact. I use to love taking that first run of the game from the kick off .... i think I'm getting some movement haha
I used to love taking the last run of the game..yep off the field!! :-)

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Assassin has been Assassinated 12th January 2017. RIP.

TANK 2.0 was born 12th January 2017.

Watch the fuck out world! I plan to be the the World's Strongest Transplant Patient.

behold, the Godfather is back!

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey *****...(and Ladies)

I had my daily concrete milkshake and I'm back on track, thanks to some of my boys on here and their msgs.

With or without a pacemaker I'm getting my old but improved nickname back....

TANK 2.0.

I wish there was a phrase stronger than thank you to say to you all.

Miss you mia Familia...
Was there ever any doubt this grumpy mongrel would ever roll over?
Nothing like a good kick up the arse to shake his brain into gear and get things started.
Go you good thing. 8-)

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
it got got confirmed by 2 of my transplant team that I recieved an 18 year old Maori heart from Auckland
I am constantly amazed by what medical professionals are capable of. I had no idea that organs were sent internationally.

I feel very sad that some poor 18 year old was taken way before their time, but it is an excellent testament to what humans are capable of that his organs were donated to save many other lives.

I hope the kiwi heart is happy inside its new wog home and gives you a long life TANK 2.0.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am constantly amazed by what medical professionals are capable of. I had no idea that organs were sent internationally.

I feel very sad that some poor 18 year old was taken way before their time, but it is an excellent testament to what humans are capable of that his organs were donated to save many other lives.

I hope the kiwi heart is happy inside its new wog home and gives you a long life TANK 2.0.
new wog home lol

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

i believe it had to be put on an express flight.

outside the body a human heart has a life of only 6 hours.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Goes on whichever direct flight is going out next from the airport (be it domestic or commercial carrier).

How is the decision made to send it here? Is it because no one in NZ was compatible or something?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Goes on whichever direct flight is going out next from the airport (be it domestic or commercial carrier).
flight time from NZ to sydney is 3.5 hours + 1 hours to and from sydney/ NZ airport + time for the surgery.

It has to be super quick and every thing needs to fall in place without any hiccups or delay to make this happen within 6 hours.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
How is the decision made to send it here? Is it because no one in NZ was compatible or something?

probably, local patients would have had preference over international patients and as the heart would have been a mismatch with the local patient it was sent overseas.

The decision probably would have been made before they pulled the plug on the kiwi legend

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
On that, I never realised that we had Aus/NZ Organ Donation organ pools.

and that means technically places like Fiji could be viable to Eastern Australian patients as well (assuming it was compatible).

I know Assassin mentioned that he was top of the list, so maybe top of the list can get it from anywhere.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Because I was the only person in basically Australasia that needed a B Positive heart the region completely opened up.

Sadly, people who need common organs have to stick to their home state.

PS if I didn't need this heart it would of been wasted, sad reality of donations.

And believe me this is an awesome heart.

PPS I found out why it was dumb in the beginning. The medicine Amiodarone that fucked my Thyriod is still in my system, which slows down recovery, so I'm in for a long haul but will get through it.

I can be honest now, if it wasn't for that I would of been out of ICU on Friday and home on Saturday, beating the record by 3 days.

Last edited:

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Assassin has changed his name? We need a thread dedicated to name changes so I know who is who! :screamcat:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Assassin has changed his name? We need a thread dedicated to name changes so I know who is who! :screamcat:
Well I used to be called Tank, with my new heart I'm going back to Tank but version 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.