News Josh Jackson Mid-Week Press Conference: Round 11 v Wests Tigers

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Why can't people understand that I like him and served us well but FMD he is past it. He played 2 games for Australia in 2014 and last played Origin in 2017. It's 2022 now.

I want him off the field in management and not on it. I focus on our club and not on individuals. We are in a serious rebuild and sorry to upset you but the truth is he can't be in it.

The captaincy and past glories can only carry you so far. Doesn't mean he is a shit player or captain, the game has passed him, it happens to ALL players.
ive got to disagree with ya bruz, i just think he was poorly coached by TB. If he plays a running role and defends his arse off he is as good as Finnucane is currently playing. Agree he is on his last couple of years and he must play less game time to keep him fresh as he goes 100% all the time.
The team has to have players like him, he does all the 1% plays that only coaches see.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
ive got to disagree with ya bruz, i just think he was poorly coached by TB. If he plays a running role and defends his arse off he is as good as Finnucane is currently playing. Agree he is on his last couple of years and he must play less game time to keep him fresh as he goes 100% all the time.
The team has to have players like him, he does all the 1% plays that only coaches see.
You can disagree bro. If he returns to his best then I'll be the happiest apologist on here. I've written him off under Baz but have to give him a chance under Harry. If he continues his recent form then sorry don't want him on the field.

To sum it up, I want a pre-Baz JJ.

Last edited:

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
JJ's form hasn't been the best for a long long time. His captaincy on the field from what I see, hasn't been inspiring or motivating. That speech was all class and was a strong demonstration of his credentials as a club captain. What I would like to see is his role simplified on the field. Far too complex at the moment. He is not a ball playing lock and doesn't the headache of carrying his teammates.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
You can disagree bro. If he returns to his best then I'll be the happiest apologist on here. I've written him off under Baz but have to give him a chance under Harry. If he continues his recent form then sorry don't want him on the field.

yeh agree with that, just want JJ back to running hard lines and tackling hard

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate the dogs of war was around in 1984 for Christ sake. I watched Braith play a fair few games when we let in heaps of points. Dogs of war is a myth. Was it around in 2006 when the broncos beat us 31-0 in the second half in the prelim final ?

Even during the Des area we weren’t renowned for our defence. The last time we showed grit in defence was probably 1998.

Our defence is actually a lot better than last year. It’s just our attack that sucks
Dogs of war or the Madness has always been mythical but it didn’t just apply to the 80’s. It was part of the Bulldog mindset of hunting like a pack.

It was the whole “strength of the pack is the wolf and the strength of wolf is the pack” The sign over the door at Belmore home dressing room.

Pay, Dymock/Macracken/Lamb and Smith had it in 94/95, and that same menace was there with Britt/Price/Norton in 98 and still there with SBW/Mason/Matua/Omeley and co 2002-2004.

Many former great players have said that Bulldog games were always circled knowing that it was going to be tough and painful. Our defence has been more effective at different times but it was always with intent, and that is what is missing these days and has been for 10 years.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I want pre-Des JJ..

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well spoken, loved his swipes at the fuckwits on fox...

BUT

If he truly meant what he said about Baz and wasn't just paying lip service to him then I don't think he shouldn't be on the field with us next year. Best coach? Come on bro...

Hopefully it was just a mate trying to defend the undefendable.
I liked the “big motivator” part

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Dogs of war thing only comes about when we have a strong team of forwards, you can't just put any old players in there and make them become the Dogs of war because they wear a blue and white jersey lol

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeh agree with that, just want JJ back to running hard lines and tackling hard
We can never question his effort on the field but it does seem TB had him playing a busier role that’s not his strength.
I hope Potter can settle things down a bit and manage JJ game time.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We can never question his effort on the field but it does seem TB had him playing a busier role that’s not his strength.
I hope Potter can settle things down a bit and manage JJ game time.
100% mate, TB never coached the team to its strengths

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FMD .... Baz is the best coach he's ever had ?????
FMDFMD .... Braith hasn't been on the training field so not sure how he'd know that !!!!

Does he not get it that the game is about winning? Plus it's as clear as f$c! to everyone who watches the Dogs play each week that this team doesn't have the old Bulldog DNA. No need to just watch training sessions to see that. This is why he shouldn't be our captain, he's doesn't value winning enough.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well done Jacko... answered all the questions with honestly & deflected those silly questions that were for board or management. Interesting his comments re the views of Anasta v Ennis. Did not give a shit about the views of Anasta but was much more guarded with the response to Ennis. We know who the playing group respects more.
JJ and Ennis lived in Oyster Bay for years so they probably regularly see each other.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plus, who does it really hurt when he talks about the best coach he's ever had? Dean Pay? Maybe Desler might feel hard done by but do any of us actually care? Who was JJ's coach in under 10s, do we think he might be insulted maybe? Unless his under 10s coach was @ASSASSIN then that changes the picture entirely and obviously we must take JJ to task for a grievous insult to one of our own.
It sends the wrong message about his view on the importance of winning.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anasta was initially called by the bulldogs and asked if he would be willing to come down and assist the boys in some sort of consultancy or training role in 2021
His answer was yes and that he would wait for a call and further details regarding his role

his still waiting for the follow up phone call
Shows u how messed up thr “front office” is

not sticking up for the turd however just highlighting the incompetence from higher ups

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
This flu is the real deal. Our family of 4 (including myself) have it and 3 of us now have bronchitis. Apparently it's influenza A and Covid was a walk in the park compared to this flu.
Hope you all recover asap bro!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
2022 Jackson is terrible and barely reserves bench worthy

2012 to 2019 jackson was an animal

the game has passed him simple
700k for him per season right now is everything wrong with the cap and club as a hole

he flops in on tackles, no punch or aggression
Gets dominated in attack and defence and is always last up from the tackle and last getting back into the defensive line

watch him closely this Friday

cuzza

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Anasta was initially called by the bulldogs and asked if he would be willing to come down and assist the boys in some sort of consultancy or training role in 2021
His answer was yes and that he would wait for a call and further details regarding his role

his still waiting for the follow up phone call
Shows u how messed up thr “front office” is

not sticking up for the turd however just highlighting the incompetence from higher ups
Will get more calls now he is Munsters manager

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
2022 Jackson is terrible and barely reserves bench worthy

2012 to 2019 jackson was an animal

the game has passed him simple
700k for him per season right now is everything wrong with the cap and club as a hole

he flops in on tackles, no punch or aggression
Gets dominated in attack and defence and is always last up from the tackle and last getting back into the defensive line

watch him closely this Friday
I hope he goes well but if he doesn't it's all on him and people can't use Baz as an excuse, in fact no player can use Baz as an excuse now.